- - - - -

diagnosed with mono/epstein-barr.. for the second time

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:03 AM

How much magnesium are you taking? About 1 gram per day should be sufficient to control the asthma.

My latest readings as of two months ago are:

Epstein Baar Virus IgG........HU/ml..... 1.17
Control........................ 0.38

Negative result: < control value
Positive Result: > control value

Epstein Baar Virus IgM..................0.15
control....................... 0.46
Negative result: < control value
Positive Result: > control value

So I definitely had an infection in the past but not currently.

#32 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

How much magnesium are you taking? About 1 gram per day should be sufficient to control the asthma.

i supplement >600mg and then whatever i get from my diet, which is usually in the 200-400 range. do you have references for magnesium and asthma?

here is an explanation of the markers:

http://www.cdc.gov/n...iseases/ebv.htm

but my EBV IGG was high: >750.

7.5 or 750? igg early antigen or igg viral capsid? 750 is incredibly high regardless of which marker it is. igg (both) peak during acute infection i believe, so that would mean you have an active infection... an incredibly active infection. have you seen an infectious disease doctor?

I'll definitely check out pycnogenol. Mono is the damn trigger to whatever, not the root cause. Despite good pilot study(ies), yet to be published results on Valcyte against HHV infection are equal to placebo =/. Not good.

I was diagnosed five years ago. Here are my results from a month ago:

EBV EA-------------------------------- 1.4 HIGH 0.0-0.8
EBV Ab VCA ------------------------- >8.0 HIGH 0.0-0.8
EBV Nuclear Antigen ----------------- >8.0 HIGH 0.0-0.8
HHV-6----------------------------------1:640 HIGH >1:10

^Labcorp

I'm finding Epstein and shitting on his grave.

youve had an active infection for 5 years? what have you done so far to manage it?

Edited by ajnast4r, 25 May 2009 - 05:41 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:34 AM

7.5 or 750? igg early antigen or igg viral capsid? 750 is incredibly high regardless of which marker it is. igg (both) peak during acute infection i believe, so that would mean you have an active infection... an incredibly active infection. have you seen an infectious disease doctor?

Hmm... *looks at his bloodwork*

Okay, it reads:

EBV, VCA IgG/IgM
EBV-VCA, IGM <10.0 Range: U/ml <44.0
EBV-VCA, IGG >750.0 H Range: U/ml <22.0

Since the IGM is normal, wouldn't this just mean a past infection? Although I was never aware of actually ever having Mono in the past.

I didn't see an infectious disease doctor, but an ILADS (Lyme disease doc) ordered the tests. It seems I also oddly had some past exposure to Spotted fever and Typhus too, while not being aware of it.

#34 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

I've only had three tests in five years. Doctors don't really care, so I don't manage my symptoms at all. They just exist.

#35 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

EBV-VCA, IGG >750.0 H Range: U/ml <22.0

thats fine then.. you must have had some infection.

http://www.cdc.gov/n...iseases/ebv.htm

"IgG to the viral capsid antigen appears in the acute phase, peaks at 2 to 4 weeks after onset, declines slightly, and then persists for life. IgG to the early antigen appears in the acute phase and generally falls to undetectable levels after 3 to 6 months."

#36 ajnast4r

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

I've only had three tests in five years. Doctors don't really care, so I don't manage my symptoms at all. They just exist.

and you were active all 3 times? any doctor who doesnt care about that is a MORON... you need to see an infectious disease doctor. you really dont wanna let your ebv run rampant. the symptoms are managable... and you can prevent the end results of chronic infection, ie: cfs, ms, cancer, etc.

#37 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

sorry, that was a typo. I got mono when I was 15, about 15 years ago. Then, I did nothing to manage it. Just rest. I wonder what I can do now to repair some of the damage done??

#38 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

Better late than never. Andrographis and licorice seem to work.

Inhibition of the epstein-barr virus lytic cycle by andrographolide.

Lin TP, Chen SY, Duh PD, Chang LK, Liu YN.
Department of Health and Nutrition, Chia-Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Taiwan. tplin007@mail.chna.edu.tw
Andrographis paniculata NEES is a medicinal plant that is commonly used in Asia. This work demonstrates that 25 microg/ml of ethanolic extract from A. paniculata (EEAP) and 5 microg/ml of andrographolide, a bioactive compound in EEAP, effectively inhibit the expression of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) lytic proteins, Rta, Zta and EA-D, during the viral lytic cycle in P3HR1 cells. Transient transfection analysis revealed that the lack of expression of Rta, Zta and EA-D is caused by the inhibition of the transcription of BRLF1 and BZLF1, two EBV immediate-early genes that encode Rta and Zta, respectively. This study finds that the inhibition prevents the virus from producing mature viral particles. Meanwhile, andrographolide is not toxic to P3HR1 cells when the concentration is below 5 microg/ml, indicating that the compound is potentially useful as an anti-EBV drug.

Mechanism of action of glycyrrhizic acid in inhibition of Epstein-Barr virus replication in vitro.

Lin JC.
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, 701 Section 3, Chung Yang Road, Hualien 970, Taiwan ROC. jx18@mail.tcu.edu.tw
We report here that glycyrrhizic acid (GL), a component of licorice root (Glycyrrhiza radix), is active against EBV replication in superinfected Raji cells in a dose-dependent fashion. The IC(50) values for viral inhibition and cell growth were 0.04 and 4.8mM, respectively. The selectivity index (ratio of IC(50) for cell growth to IC(50) for viral DNA synthesis) was 120. Time of addition experiments suggested that GL interferes with an early step of EBV replication cycle (possibly penetration). GL had no effect on viral adsorption, nor did it inactivate EBV particles. Thus, GL represents a new class of anti-EBV compounds with a mode of action different from that of the nucleoside analogs that inhibit viral DNA polymerase.

Anyone know how to interpret the doses?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#39 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

I'm finding Epstein and shitting on his grave.

He is still alive lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users