• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Views on the U.S. Constitution

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

I found the article below interesting:

http://www.rasmussen...me_court_update

While 82% of voters who support McCain believe the justices should rule on what is in the Constitution, just 29% of Barack Obama’s supporters agree. Just 11% of McCain supporters say judges should rule based on the judge’s sense of fairness, while nearly half (49%) of Obama supporters agree.

Of course, it is reasonble to assume that the differences between Obama and McCain supporters highlighted in this poll are actually a reflection of the more general differences between the views of liberals and conservatives which will persist long after the November election.

[To Mod: Please do not move this post to the McCain vs. Obama thread. This is not a news article comparing the candidates, but rather comparing the views of their respective supporters.]

#2 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:57 PM

I think it's safe to assume that neither supporters of McCain nor Obama have ever read the Constitution (let alone the Bill of Rights).

Otherwise neither candidate would be running for president.

#3 Connor MacLeod

• Topic Starter
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

I think it's safe to assume that neither supporters of McCain nor Obama have ever read the Constitution (let alone the Bill of Rights).

Otherwise neither candidate would be running for president.

I'm sure some have. In any case, the pushing of the boundaries of the constitution by our politicians is nothing new - it's a tradition that goes way back; if Ron Paul was elected and actually followed the constitution to the letter, he would have likely been the first ever.

I found the poll amusing because it confirms my suspicion that the Left is angry at Bush, not because of his disregard for the constitution; rather they are angry at him because he disregards it in a manner which is differs from their own disregard for it.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users