• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Ron Paul urges third-party vote

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Posted Image
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/7608500.stm

#2 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:44 AM

Can he not run as the third party?

#3 Cyberbrain

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:51 AM

I wish. Technically he could run as an independent, but I'm not sure why he's not.

But given his absence, I swing my vote for Obama.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:03 AM

I wish. Technically he could run as an independent, but I'm not sure why he's not.

It's a simple answer really :) The campaign money he has accumulated is too good only to be "wasted". He didn't hire his kids and grandkids in his campaign management for no reason. :) Those college loans are way too high. In case you're in doubt, it's been blogged and documented a few months ago but my left shoulder is killing me to google them for you.

#5 Cyberbrain

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:14 AM

It's a simple answer really :) The campaign money he has accumulated is too good only to be "wasted". He didn't hire his kids and grandkids in his campaign management for no reason. :) Those college loans are way too high. In case you're in doubt, it's been blogged and documented a few months ago but my left shoulder is killing me to google them for you.

I'll google it myself, don't worry :p Thanks for the info!

#6 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hmm... It appears that Paul paid ~$160k to relatives working for him (and there were a lot of them). It is probably fair pay, but when running for office it would be sensible to try to avoid looking prone to nepotism. Arg...

#7 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

And here I was, hoping for a Ron Paul independent ticket. Nader, too little too late, sir.

#8 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

Hey McCain! You want to punish the people responsible for screwing up the Economy? The main culprits are yourself and your good friend Phil
Gramm. And you are still sending Gramm to pressure people to endorse and vote for you?

#9 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

Yeah Paul would still be my #1 pick by far. Prone to nepotism or not. Sadly I think I will vote Barr instead.

#10 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

Yeah Paul would still be my #1 pick by far. Prone to nepotism or not. Sadly I think I will vote Barr instead.

I was afraid that if McCain got elected he would continue Bush policies, but worse. Iraq war forever, screwing up the economy, etc.
Today I saw on TV, clips of recent speeches and got the impression that things could be much worse. McCain is showing signs of instability. On
top of his bad temper that will make him very dangerous if he gets his finger on the nuclear trigger.
A nightmarish scenario: McCain is president and Saakashvili tries to retake Ossetia. McCain, who already said we are all Georgians, enters the fray against Russia.
What would happen?
We can only prevent this by voting for Obama.

#11 AaronCW

• Guest, F@H
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 03:33 AM

"Dr Paul said a former senior McCain adviser had asked him this week to endorse Mr McCain - but he had refused. He is backing independent Ralph Nader, Libertarian Bob Barr and Green Party and Constitution Party candidates".

No further evidence is needed to demonstrate that Ron Paul is merely a politician in the conventional sense, and not the virtuous, or even principled, hero that his supporters make him out to be. Both Ralph Nader and the Green party are antithetical to the message of the Libertarian party or Ron Paul. Furthermore, it would be difficult to justify even a call for his supporters to vote a third party ticket for a candidate that is consistent with his message; considering the gravity of the issues at stake in the election at hand it would be irresponsible to vote for a third party or to abstain from voting.

Edited by AaronCW, 19 September 2008 - 03:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users