• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

McCain Truthiness

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

There is no thread discipline on this forum. Somebody starts a thread about McCain thruthiness. Next thing you know the subject is Obama is a muslim. Don't change the subject, start your own thread or discuss McCain truthiness. Don't mess up the threads. Without structure this is just a shouting match and not worth spending time on.

There's a good reason for that. there's not enough McCain untruths to sustain a thread for more than 2 or 3 posts, but on the other hand everything coming out of Obama's mouth is a lie. It'll take months just to write it all down.

Always remember this (don't worry, I won't let you forget anyway). One of John McCain's best friends is not named, William Ayers, an unrepentant domestic terrorist.

John McCain never had a friend that bombed the Pentagon, but guess who does? You guessed it, Obama.

You are just spreading more smoke. If you ran out of things to say about truthiness, start a new post. Stealing threads is bad manners.

This is typical of Democrats because they know not how to deal with the negative things with regards to their savior Barack Hussein Obama. "Ummm, I don't know how to answer you so, go take your good points remarks somewhere else why don't ya!" says david ellis, one who lacks any intelligent say-so on what has been written on this thread thus far.... Sad indeed.

#32 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

There is no thread discipline on this forum. Somebody starts a thread about McCain thruthiness. Next thing you know the subject is Obama is a muslim. Don't change the subject, start your own thread or discuss McCain truthiness. Don't mess up the threads. Without structure this is just a shouting match and not worth spending time on.

Good point. Can someone transfer all the Obama posting to a new thread by me entitled "Obama - Presidential Worthiness?"

Thank you.

Start your thread. I suggest using a smaller subject. Just one tiny thing that really bothers you. One post on Obama's worthiness is way too broad. It will never reach a resolution. Maybe McCain's truthiness may be a little broad, because we could never resolve the points.

Wondering if its worth posting at all on this forum. Plenty of personal insults, huge lack of mutual respect, and lack of interest in reaching an understanding. I have just read a few posts, but that's my first impression. Second impression- I see a lot of subject changing. A favorite tactic when the going gets tough. Third, resorting to personal insults doesn't add value. I like a bar fight now and then, but put some years between em. And in my case, decades.

#33 inawe

• Topic Starter
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

You are just spreading more smoke. If you ran out of things to say about truthiness, start a new post. Stealing threads is bad manners.

I'm spending a lot of time on this campaign. I'm not a politician and I'm very bad at this thing. When I see and hear the same lies being
repeated by candidates running for the highest offices in the land, I take it as a personal insult to my intelligence. I am a liberal but it
seems that highly respected conservatives like George Will cannot take the crap coming from the McCain campaign either.
Participants in this forum supporting McCain cannot defend their side on important issues. So they repeat the lies and misinformation. As
Frank Rich wrote: "Rove game plan is to envelop the entire presidential race in a thick fog of truthiness". To prevent citizens from focusing on the important
issues.
Another thing supporters of McCain do is lower the level of the discussion. It's hard to tell if that is by design or because they
cannot do any better (they are not "elitists"). Probably both.
Hopefully their tactics will backfire. Intelligent uncommitted people seeing how obtuse McCain supporters are will run away from that "bogus
alternative reality".

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

There's a good reason for that. there's not enough McCain untruths to sustain a thread for more than 2 or 3 posts, but on the other hand everything coming out of Obama's mouth is a lie. It'll take months just to write it all down.

Always remember this (don't worry, I won't let you forget anyway). One of John McCain's best friends is not named, William Ayers, an unrepentant domestic terrorist.

John McCain never had a friend that bombed the Pentagon, but guess who does? You guessed it, Obama.

This is typical of Democrats because they know not how to deal with the negative things with regards to their savior Barack Hussein Obama. "Ummm, I don't know how to answer you so, go take your good points remarks somewhere else why don't ya!" says david ellis, one who lacks any intelligent say-so on what has been written on this thread thus far.... Sad indeed.

luv, are you reading what I said? I am interested in an exchange. Why the lack of respect? I made a suggestion about changing behavior on this forum. I was absolutely neutral about Obama and McCain. Why the bad manners? Why should anybody hang out here? What's the payoff? What are you doing here? Just beating up on democrats? If that's it, you are just a bully! You have not proven that you are a thinker and a knowledgeable person, deserving respect.

#35 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

luv, are you reading what I said? I am interested in an exchange. Why the lack of respect? I made a suggestion about changing behavior on this forum. I was absolutely neutral about Obama and McCain. Why the bad manners? Why should anybody hang out here? What's the payoff? What are you doing here? Just beating up on democrats? If that's it, you are just a bully! You have not proven that you are a thinker and a knowledgeable person, deserving respect.

I started a thread for you, inawe, and anyone else to list the accomplishments of Obama that leads to the belief that he is qualified of being the President. Enjoy.

#36 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

Biknut, Luv2increase, et. al. need to learn to make their points without making personal attacks on other forum members. Ad hominem attacks such as calling another forum member a "paid liar" should not be tolerated by the moderators.

This forum would be a more useful medium of discussion if we could discuss things like Obama's questionable ties to Rezko or McCain's untrue statements regarding his advisor's ties to Freddie Mac / Fannie Mae without attacking one another. Right now it's just a den of vipers.

Edited by TianZi, 24 September 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#37 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Biknut, Luv2increase, et. al. need to learn to make their points without making personal attacks on other forum members. Ad hominem attacks such as calling another forum member a "paid liar" should not be tolerated by the moderators.

This forum would be a more useful medium of discussion if we could discuss things like Obama's questionable ties to Rezko or McCain's untrue statements regarding his advisor's ties to Freddie Mac / Fannie Mae without attacking one another. Right now it's just a den of vipers.

Thus far over the last few days on the Politics & Law forum, there have been absolutely no ad hominem attacks from me.

#38 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

Thus far over the last few days on the Politics & Law forum, there have been absolutely no ad hominem attacks from me.

"one who lacks any intelligent say-so on what has been written on this thread thus far" is a recent example. It just occurred to me you might not know what "ad hominen" means. It means attack the person, not his logic.

Edited by david ellis, 24 September 2008 - 06:43 PM.

#39 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:47 PM

Why no reply to this? Why should I respect your thinking and knowledge? Are you a bully?

#40 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

"one who lacks any intelligent say-so on what has been written on this thread thus far" is a recent example. It just occurred to me you might not know what "ad hominen" means. It means attack the person, not his logic.

lack of intelligent say-so is the logic of a man rather than a characteristic of the man ---> say-so refers to the substance of the posts

If I were to have said the lack of intelligence from the posters...., it would have been a different story.

Edited by luv2increase, 24 September 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#41 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

This forum is unmoderated. I am thinking it was not bright of me to start posting.

#42 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

lack of intelligent say-so is the logic of a man rather than a characteristic of the man ---> say-so refers to the substance of the posts

If I were to have said the lack of intelligence from the posters...., it would have been a different story.

I am having trouble understanding you. You said I was unintelligent and neglected to prove it. That is an "ad hominem" attack. Go back to school.

#43 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

I am having trouble understanding you. You said I was unintelligent and neglected to prove it. That is an "ad hominem" attack. Go back to school.

I never said you were unintelligent. You took my words out of context.

#44 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:05 PM

I must have some Ferengi blood, that I didn't know about.

There is "no profit" here so I leave.

#45 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

There is "no profit" here so I leave.

Fair enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users