• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Biden's close encounter with al Qaeda: Biden flapper alert

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:43 AM

http://blogs.abcnews...tory-behin.html

If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me. Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are.

Sounds pretty heroic, eh? So what actually happened?

In February 2008, Biden -- along with Sens. John Kerry, D-Mass., and Chuck Hagel, R-Neb. -- was on a chopper that made an emergency landing in the mountains of Afghanistan. A snowstorm had forced them down.

No one was injured, and the Associated Press reported at the time that "the senators and their delegation returned to Bagram Air Base in a motor convoy, and left for Turkey.

"The weather closed in on us," Kerry told the AP at the time in a phone interview from Turkey. "It went pretty blind, pretty fast and we were around some pretty dangerous ridges. So the pilot exercised his judgment that we were better off putting down there, and we all agreed...We sat up there and traded stories."

Kerry joked, "We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to do it…Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."

Next thing you know Biden's going to be bragging about how he bagged two grizzly bears with a single shot.

Edited by Connor MacLeod, 23 September 2008 - 01:43 AM.

#2 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:54 AM

Hillary is a hero too. She came under sniper fire in Bosnia. The only problem is she was the only one that noticed.

http://www.nypost.co...fire_103582.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users