* * * - - 2 votes

ADHD medications

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

I've tried ritalin, focalin, and adderall. I don't have good results to any of them which I contribute a great deal from them increasing my anxiety levels.

I think nicotine & low dose selegiline (currently 1mg X 2 times daily) along with all my centro, sublingual methylb12 (5mg every 2 days)l, racetams, fish oil, idebenone, coq10, adaptogens, coffee (caffeine), chocamine (theobromine), ALCAR/ALA, and exercise do me right. These listed are the only things I ingest daily which I think have a positive affect on my PI-ADD ---> no hyperactivity here. I do take other supps as well. Make note that I am taking a lot of stuff but at very low dosage levels. I take my empty stomach supplement 30 minutes prior to eating at which point I take my fat-soluble supplements. I do this cycle every 4 hours. For example, I will take my 1 cup of coffee every 4 hours (3 times a day) and not take it my last empty stomach dose. This is all well thought out and works better and is most importantly safer than just depending on prescription stimulants all my life. Amphetamines really screw up your reward pathways if you want to go in that direction fyi.

How so? Not a rhetorical question, legitimate curiosity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

I ran into this study and found it interesting: "Imbalance of plasma amino acids in patients with autism and subjects with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder", PMID 11727202.

In both disorders a diminution of phenylalanine and glutamine plasma concentrations was observed beside an increase of glycine.

StephenB

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users