• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

resveratrol tablets or powder - which is best?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jiggy

• 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Are tablets better than powder due to any potential adverse effects of oxidation with regards to the powder??

How many people are using regular powder or in preference of micronized powder?

Additionally who is paying $95 for the Revgenetics 1000mg reversatrol or using the powder instead so as to be more cost effective?

Thanks in advance

#2 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

I've used powder and encapsulated, non-micronized high purity trans-RSV. Capsules are more convenient. That's the only difference I've noticed.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

Are tablets better than powder due to any potential adverse effects of oxidation with regards to the powder??

Additionally who is paying $95 for the Revgenetics 1000mg reversatrol or using the powder instead so as to be more cost effective?

Thanks in advance

Hi jiggy,

I have been told, that certain doctors may ask their patients to take a dose from a capsule over powder because the doctor would like to maintain accurate records regarding dose, and how this dose affects the patient overtime. Since accuracy is important to some people for various reasons, folks may prefer a capsule.

I presume this works with supplements like ours, as well as some dietary changes as well.

Measuring powder out, maybe to much for some folks as well. The good part about this, is that folks have better choices now.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 25 September 2008 - 03:45 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:59 PM

Thanks in advance

Hi jiggy,

I have been told, that certain doctors may ask their patients to take a dose from a capsule over powder because the doctor would like to maintain accurate records regarding dose, and how this dose affects the patient overtime. Since accuracy is important to some people for various reasons, folks may prefer a capsule.

I presume this works with supplements like ours, as well as some dietary changes as well.

Measuring powder out, maybe to much for some folks as well. The good part about this, is that folks have better choices now.

Cheers
A

I believe that a powder that is finely divided in suspension, as happens with various formulations, including HPMC and milk protein, is better absorbed. Also the quantity of resveratrol to reach Sirtris' therapeutic doses, 2.5 to 5 grams, is not easily achieved with capsules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)