Photo
- - - - -

Hydergine prices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ghamal

• 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

Hi, would like to ask members if they can recommend any good cheap sources of hydergine to Florida, USA. Currently I'm getting mine at nubrain.com ($50 for 60x4.5mg tabs.)

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hi, would like to ask members if they can recommend any good cheap sources of hydergine to Florida, USA. Currently I'm getting mine at nubrain.com ($50 for 60x4.5mg tabs.)

I couldn't tell you because I don't take it and never have. I don't believe it is a safe drug to take.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ghamal

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

I couldn't tell you because I don't take it and never have. I don't believe it is a safe drug to take.

Most of what I've read seems to say it's pretty safe. Care to elaborate on why you think it's not safe? Also, do you take Piracetam and if so what do you potentiate it with if not choline & hydergine?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

I assume luv2 is talking about the heart valve issues which have been raised with ergot-derived dopamine agonists, which included the development of very serious heart conditions in many people who used cabergoline or pergolide at Parkinson's-indicated dosages for over a year. This appears to occur due to a hypertrophy response, leading to fibrosis, which takes place in the heart valve upon stimulation of the 5HT2B serotonin receptors, which the ergot-derived dopamine agonists have an affinity for, in addition to their dopamine agonism. (This MOA, btw, was also the reason the appetite suppressant fenfluramine gave many people heart problem and was taken off the market.) Hydergine does stimulate the 5HT2B receptor.

These problems occur when the drugs are taken in high doses for an extended period of time, not suddenly. That very few people who were taking hydergine have come forth with related problems does suggest to me that it may not be something to be hysterical over -- especially for use of hydergine in limited cycles (counted in weeks) at limited doses, as is often the case with nootropic-interested users of the substance, and as opposed to daily high-dose use for a year or more. On the other hand, this cardiac valve fibrosis is a serious, life-threatening problem, so it's definitely good to keep this issue in mind and dose hydergine with a careful touch, if you're going to take it.

Edited by graatch, 05 October 2008 - 06:36 AM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users