• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Never Wrestle with a Pig

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig enjoys it."

I suggest we change the name of this forum from "Politics & Law" to "Pig Wrestling", at least until after November.

#2 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:33 PM

We don't have to wrestle with pigs if we have the power to corral them. If they want to muck around with themselves then so be it. The nav's have such power if they can carefully apply it without bias to subject.

I personally prefer but cannot expect the navs to not engage in political debate. They are going to enforce the rules but more importantly they have standard bearer responsibility if the navs if do engage in debate. They must never make it personal, even if personally attacked. They should not lower themselves to act in kind. Yes it is a tough row to hoe.

I was not in favor of this first stage isolationism but it will require a very disciplined effort to get everyone to return to constructive debate.

I decided to weigh in on your thread to advise everyone, not just those on one side of this behavioral problem that it must stop. It is an overt violation of the institute's basics rules. No more ad hominem attacks and anyone who continues to engage in them or even to drag them up out of the past needs to be dealt with swiftly.

We should not ever censor for political content but personal attacks are not politics, they are a distraction from core content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users