• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Slogged with a big bill from DHL

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hey fellow Australian's this is the story. I just recieved a bill in the mail for $50. This is after placing an order worth the same amount, including shipping, with iherb.

The bill says that the extra charges are for quarantine processing.

What the F? Didn't I already pay these greedy bastards when I paid for them to ship the products to me? What's going on? Has this happened to any of you?

(edited by Matthias: spelling, by request)

Edited by Matthias, 06 October 2008 - 12:46 PM.

#2 woly

• Guest, F@H
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:31 AM

Sure have! i think theres another thread somewhere around here on this. I just ignored it and they never did anything. I still regularly get my supps from iHerb with DHL and havnt had any problems.

#3 dehbleh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Sure have! i think theres another thread somewhere around here on this. I just ignored it and they never did anything. I still regularly get my supps from iHerb with DHL and havnt had any problems.

I was very pissed off when they charged me $65 on an IHerb order. So annoyed that I refused to pay their rediculous fee and it's now been 6 months. Have not heard a peep from these guys.. no warnings.. nothing. I doubt what they are doing has any legal bearings at all.

My advice, ignore the greedy bastards.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 tealady

• 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

me too
http://tealady-healt...ne_fee~1021863/ (tried to warn folks about DHL policy. They said anytime THEY decide to send to quarantine quaratine charges them a $50 fee that they pass on... why (sound like a kickback scheme??)
I ignored them and still haven't paid, and don't intend to. DHL told me they PURPOSEDLY directly my parcel to quarantine.. they did it, it wasn't required, & if THEY decide they should pay I reckon@! They had my contact phone no and could have called for details of the order, they also had a detailed ingredients list sent to them via email in the US (they told me DHL in US does not correspond with DH: in Australia- don't know why, email should be just the same!), and there was one INSIDE the package. It should not be DHL's decision whether to send a parcel to quarantine.,..merely as it listed "nutritional supplements". I also emailed iherb and had an email dispute demanding they stick a detailed list of ingredients on the outside or at least the main ingredients in the list as they used to. They removed it as other Asian countries dont want a detailed list on the outside, sigh., or price as buyers have to pay customs duty.
I just always use USPS now. However I've just received a parcel from mercola.com in the US (today)..it was sent priority paid on dec10th US. It was in quarantine and customs. it was one whey powder(375g) with no additives and one shower filter. Opened by both quarantine and customs.. why i don't know?? But no charges. I dont think there should be any quarantine charges merely because they open the parcel. This parcwel was sent USPS... no charges

Edited by tealady, 12 January 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#5 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

What Don't I understand? I usually (almost always!) pay customs duty + crap fee before they'll (DHL) release the package. I'm in the EU, and even though IMO they have quite inexpensive shipping charges considered the shipping distance and weight of the package, it does get pri$y when they add the "customs duty/fee": up to $300, hallelujah..

#6 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

+ 1 on given a bill by DHL for "quarantine processing" and then no follow-up after completely ignoring it. They are just preying on suckers!

#7 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Fedex does much the same if they have to deal on your behalf with customs (in the USA.) Usually $20USD for their customs broker's time.

#8 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

So the moral of the story is.. Tell em to get f..... ?

#9 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

So the moral of the story is.. Tell em to get f..... ?

Yes, tick them off proper, give them a right seeing to and send them away with a flea in their ear.

#10 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:09 PM

What's the difference between DHL classic and express? Is express usually faster by one day? Or do you get to pick were your package arrives?

#11 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:53 AM

also dhl tip if you change the name of the product you ship, say if you order memantine and change it to malic acid it will process faster by customs.

Edited by kurdishfella, 21 July 2020 - 11:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users