Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Alternative to Alcohol?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Wedrifid

• 173 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:12 AM

What???? What?? Do you really need to ask that question? Don't you understand why that post would perturb me? Look at abelard lindsay's post on the dangers of GHB. Just scroll up. Do you now understand the problem with such posts in this context? Must I spell out everything for you?

Seriously man.

Sometimes I do need things spelled out to me. Fortunately, I'm often wiling to listen, which gives plenty of chances for learning.

Thankyou for reinforcing the message of Abelard Lindsay's post, it gives good advice. Had I not foresworn the use of alcohol already I surely would now. Nevertheless, I find no fault with pointing out the comparison between GHB and alcohol. They both fuck you up rather significantly or kill you, with some short term social benefits, depending on their use. I don't see Advanc3d or anyone else here advocating their use. One can only hope that original poster chooses the better alternatives to alcohol, rather than the worse ones.

Perhaps the most significant practical difference between the two toxins is that our usual delivery mechanism for ethanal is such that one must make a significant effort to kill oneself with it. In forms as pure as GHB is often delivered death can be rather rapid. Given the choice between two poisons I guess I would advocate the one delivered in a dilute form that tastes exceedingly foul and is rather bloating when one attempts to consume it too rapidly.

As for the other alternatives mentioned, I've used sulblutiamine. I find some benefit, yet as with all stimulating substances it does tend to make my personality somewhat singleminded and aggressive. That has some advantages, well directed aggression can give quite a boost in attractiveness. But an increase in conflict does make socializing somewhat more draining over time.

Phenibut I have looked into. The tolerance and dependence potential have deterred me thus far. I suspect I may try well controlled and moderate use in the future.

By far the most effective supplement for social situations that I have experienced has been PEA. Even the though of inhibition does not pass my mind and my creativity and social awareness soars. I must include a warning. PEA is the ONLY supplement I have thrown out, ever. While the results are outstanding, I experience such a trough of misery once it fades that I decided even keeping the temptation within reach is not worth it. The abuse potential (particularly when combined with selegiline) is enormous. Still, I'd prefer it to ethanol.

#32 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:17 AM

GHB is used as an alcohol substitute and for withdrawal in some European countries, it reduces Ethanol-Craving. If you take 100g of Ethanol you get drunk, taking 300-400g can kill you, a monointoxication with GHB rareley if e ever kills. But don't get me wrong, I think abusing GHB is a very bad idea, I just say it's a "alcohol substitute".

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

GHB is also illegal in some European countries, watch out (b/c of any dangers, too).

For pure relaxation, I would take GABA, up to a gram. Alcohol is GABAergic and
much of its relaxation is attributable to that. GABA != GHB and safe/healthy.
For 'social anxiety' perhaps you can try L-theanine (which is very effective) and
combine with a large dose of L-Tryptophane. Tryptophane is precursor to both
serotonin and melatonin. High doses work almost like a sleeping pill, while they
might make you too sleepy, they'll be relaxing for sure.

But ultimately, the answer is you should confront your uneasiness and alcohol
craving and try to relax better without pill help ;)

#34 Withawhy

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

Okay, so I think Phenibut is as close to an answer as I will get. I suppose I should go back to the original question. Is this stuff more healthy than alcohol? Does it damage your liver at all? I dont really have an addictive personality and I'd only use it once a week if that, so I'm not too worried about it addictive nature.

#35 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:17 PM

For social anxiety I would use Magnolia. Works well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

But ultimately, the answer is you should confront your uneasiness and alcohol
craving and try to relax better without pill help :)

Yeah, you're going to have situations that just spring up from time to time. When you become too reliant on a substance for things like this, the anxiety becomes even worse than before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users