- - - - -

Aminoguanidine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi,
anyone using Aminoguanidine? I have seen studies that Benfotiamine is better than Aminoguanidine, but I am wondering if it would be even a greater effect taking both of them?

#2 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 06:03 PM

Benfotiamine seems very safe and a great glycation inhibitor

If you want a biguanide, take metformin, which is similar but safer than aminoguanidine.
There have been some very few toxic reactions to excess aminoguanidine in the 90's
in the life extension community, IIRC. Metformine is safer, as long as you take 500mg
and have normal respiration and circulation it is great for inhibiting glycation & inducing
insulin sensitivity.

Never take a biguanide if you suffer from low blood sugar!

Also btw, do yourself a favor and never take GABA with metformin or aminoguanidine.
I once experienced this combination induce a nasty borderline hypoglycemia. GABA
blocks glucagone secretion (via chloride ion influx by GABA A receptors...) and thus
gluconeogenesis. So, never try a blood sugar lowering agent like metformine (or others)
together with GABA, your body won't be able to upregulate blood sugar, not good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Paul Wakfer thinks aminoguanidine's actions differ from those of metformin and finds it worth the risk for himself to take it as well as metformin and many other supplements/xenobiotics/etc.

See the information he has posted at Morelife.org for more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users