• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

You want to Immortalize THEM?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Casanova

• 93 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:33 AM

No one seems to want to face the fact that most human beings do not deserve to become immortal.
The problem is choice. Most human beings choose to be pigs. They know how to behave well, but they choose to act like jerks, instead.

If every signal human being on Earth today suddenly became immortal by, let's say, some kind of airborne immortalizing nanobots, what do you think would be the results for the future of humanity?

If I were given a 5,000 year lifespan, and a kind of Krell brain boost, the first thing I would do would be either to leave the Earth, or to find a big castle far from the maddening crowd.

Civility

Here is a poll for you:

The Nobility of present day humans

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 01:50 AM

All life, human or otherwise, should have the opportunity to determin their own life and death.

Casanova, who should determin if someone/thing is to live or not? What entity should have this authority?

#3 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 04:04 AM

Everyone should have the chance to choose to do good - to prevent the chance of future good is in and of itself evil. People change.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme
reason@longevitymeme.org
http://www.longevitymeme.org

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 darktr00per

• 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:51 AM

As everyone becomes more independent they tend to become blind to the whole picture. If everyone ran around demanding that they have say in everything there would be chaos. Too many cheifs not enough indians. We cant all be leaders. Without followers everything would crumble.

#5 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 16 December 2003 - 11:09 AM

If everyone ran around demanding that they have say in everything there would be chaos.

Normally this is called a Democratic Right. It is not derived of independence it is derived of interdependence. If I am totally independent of you I don't give a damn about what you are doing, your decisions will not impact me. I do not need your leaders or to be followed.

The problem with your big little picture is that it presumes that there are common shared values, the leaders actually are doing what they say, and the interests of the members do not contradict one another. Chaos doesn't ensue from everyone wanting to responsibly contribute to decision making it ensues from everyone ignoring the collective responsibility of participatory decision making for a democracy.

Of course I did not get the impression from you writng that democracy is particularly your favored system of governance.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 11:32 PM

Most human beings choose to be pigs. They know how to behave well, but they choose to act like jerks, instead.

I am not sure what your definition of "pig" or "jerk" is, but most of the people I know are wonderful.

#7 imminstmorals

• 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 09:39 AM

We don't care!~~~~

Then OPEN SOURCE YOUR PROJECT SOME TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!
PUBLICISE YOUR GREATEST HUMAN PLAN!!!

We want hear it!~~

#8 imminstmorals

• 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 09:47 AM

I am not sure what your definition of "pig" or "jerk" is, but most of the people I know are wonderful.

That's the outside! I would say most human beings choose to be pig " lazy ", and act like jerks as mean dickheads who behaves normally to gain the benefit of others while not contributing anything!~~

Look at the job market:
proplerly 40% commerce salesmen related
10% government job
3% engineer/scientists
7% agricultures
40% Retired bum

you see only 10% are not bum, not jerks ~!!
The rest are just bums, coz they dedicate their life to do nothing, enjoy rather than discovery and contributing.

Too Late.~!!@@@

#9 imminstmorals

• 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 09:51 AM

People change.

I 'm sorry they don't, I have tried so many times to convince friend to quit religion. they didn't
I asked a hardworking friend to dedicate their life to science. they didn't

theyare jsut the way they are !~~ lol

#10 tbeal

• 105 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:21 PM

my 'god' how much of a bigot you are Casanova and a hypocrite you stand their on your moral religious throne and yet it's people like you (for instance Hitler) with your intolerant views that should be the ones who least 'deserve' to be immortal. However I don't believe that any one deserves to die.

#11 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 10:27 PM

If I were given a 5,000 year lifespan, and a kind of Krell brain boost, the first thing I would do would be either to leave the Earth, or to find a big castle far from the maddening crowd.

How noble is that?

Having the capacity to make a positive change in our (in your view) rotten world, and bailing?

Your kind makes me wanna vomit huge chunks of black and mysterious goo, you negative nancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users