Photo
- - - - -

Inositol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 waldemar

• 206 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

I've been wondering about the 100 mg Inositol (from Inositol, Inositol Hexanicotinate) in OrthoCore. Does it really do anything?

In Wikipedia some vague positive benefits are mentioned, like slight improvement for some psychiatric conditions. On Customcapsule it is mentioned as an antidepressant/anxiolytic at 500 mg.

My questions are: Is there really a place for it in an anti aging regimen? Even if it has some (slight) benefit - wouldn't it be better to use that valuable 100 mg capsule space in OrthoCore for something else, like grape seed, green tea extract or resveratrol?

#2 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

"Even if it has some (slight) benefit - wouldn't it be better to use that valuable 100 mg capsule space in OrthoCore for something else, like grape seed, green tea extract or resveratrol?"

Sure, but do you realize that some people might not be able to afford the multi if that happens? There's always things about a multi that could use improvement. In my opinion, AOR already did a good job at reinventing the multi.

To answer ur question. Making sure your inositol levels are not too low is a good thing, making it a priority is not worth it. I bet there's people who have used it in insanely high amounts with great results, you could therefore try it for yourself, and see if you notice anything. I for one don't.

Edited by piet3r, 20 October 2008 - 10:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 100YearsToGo

• 204 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

"Even if it has some (slight) benefit - wouldn't it be better to use that valuable 100 mg capsule space in OrthoCore for something else, like grape seed, green tea extract or resveratrol?"

Sure, but do you realize that some people might not be able to afford the multi if that happens? There's always things about a multi that could use improvement. In my opinion, AOR already did a good job at reinventing the multi.

To answer ur question. Making sure your inositol levels are not too low is a good thing, making it a priority is not worth it. I bet there's people who have used it in insanely high amounts with great results, you could therefore try it for yourself, and see if you notice anything. I for one don't.

You may need it depending on life style, diseases you have and drug intake.

Alcohol and coffee are inhibitors. If you are taking some types of antibiotics or sulfa drugs you may have low levels. If you have diabetes you probably have very low levels. So I guess an important part of the population could need it as a supplement.

Low levels are a contributing factor in abnormal platelet aggregation, alcoholism, heart disease, liver disease, memory loss, panic/anxiety attacks, and tardive dyskinesia. Additionally symptoms include eczema, hair loss, constipation, and abnormalities of the eyes and raised cholesterol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 waldemar

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

There's always things about a multi that could use improvement. In my opinion, AOR already did a good job at reinventing the multi.

I definitely agree here!

Making sure your inositol levels are not too low is a good thing, making it a priority is not worth it.

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users