• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

When will we know who won the election?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: When will we know who won the election? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we know who won the election?

1. We already know. (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Not yet, but before the election. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. The night of the election. (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. It might take a couple of days to sort everything out. (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Weeks after the election. (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. Not until 2009. (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

7. We will never really know who legitimately won. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:52 AM

Taking into account voter fraud, voter suppression, polling/ballot issues, riots, and possibly the citizenship of Barack Obama, among other possible issues, when will we find out who legitimately won the presidential election?

Edited by Savage, 24 October 2008 - 11:52 PM.

#2 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

Taking into account voter fraud, voter suppression, polling/ballot issues, and possibly the citizenship of Barack Obama, among other possible issues, when will we find out who legitimately won the presidential election?

I think the night of the election, because McCain will win big. It going to be a shocker.

#3 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Ian, why do you compelled to rate any topic I create at 1 star, regardless of anything?

As if this was somehow a right-wing poll

o_O

You'll also notice my topics get about 100x more views than yours, even though you crazies pummel down the rating instantly without even looking.

Edited by Savage, 25 October 2008 - 12:16 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:11 AM

Taking into account voter fraud, voter suppression, polling/ballot issues, and possibly the citizenship of Barack Obama, among other possible issues, when will we find out who legitimately won the presidential election?

I think the night of the election, because McCain will win big. It going to be a shocker.

It will particularly be a shocker to those Irish bookmakers who have already paid off anyone who bet on Obama to win.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:20 AM

Taking into account voter fraud, voter suppression, polling/ballot issues, riots, and possibly the citizenship of Barack Obama, among other possible issues, when will we find out who legitimately won the presidential election?

Voter fraud seems to exist mainly in the fevered minds of Republicans. Registration fraud is not voter fraud. It does not change the results of elections. Riots? I think they are highly unlikely, providing the election is fair. If Obama were to be assassinated by a White person, then I suspect the whole country would be in flames. And there would be a lot of White people lighting the matches, too. I don't think that's going to happen, though, because Obama has superb security. I think the citizenship question is probably nonsense. Considering the probable outcome of the election, I think we will know early in the evening of November 4.

#6 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

It will particularly be a shocker to those Irish bookmakers who have already paid off anyone who bet on Obama to win.

I've seriously thought about putting some money on McCain in the Intrade prediction markets. It would be a windfall if he pulled it off. And there are a several reputable polls showing that the gap has closed within or close to the margin of error.

#7 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

Notice the Obama supporters all voting "We already know who won"... lol

Edited by Savage, 25 October 2008 - 03:35 PM.

#8 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

Ian, why do you compelled to rate any topic I create at 1 star, regardless of anything?

As if this was somehow a right-wing poll

o_O

You'll also notice my topics get about 100x more views than yours, even though you crazies pummel down the rating instantly without even looking.

And I really like the new tactic of hitting "refresh" dozens of times. You are just a really, really smart guy, huh?

#9 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:22 AM

Just like all Kerry supporters thought he won already because he was wayyy ahead in the polls before the election.

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:43 AM

I've seriously thought about putting some money on McCain in the Intrade prediction markets. It would be a windfall if he pulled it off. And there are a several reputable polls showing that the gap has closed within or close to the margin of error.

I'll take that bet. After all the money I've lost in the unfettered free market, I could use a break.

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

And who's voting "not til 2009"? McCain supporters? How do you know who's voting for what?

#12 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:48 AM

Just like all Kerry supporters thought he won already because he was wayyy ahead in the polls before the election.

"all" Kerry supporters? Where did THAT come from? Seriously, anyone who thinks McCain has a chance at this point in time is deluded.

#13 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

And who's voting "not til 2009"? McCain supporters? How do you know who's voting for what?

I voted for that.

#14 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:25 AM

Riots? I think they are highly unlikely, providing the election is fair. If Obama were to be assassinated by a White person, then I suspect the whole country would be in flames.

This will actually be a serious concern both before and after the election. Obama would make an ideal target for a neo-nazi hoping to incite a race war, or a foriegn terrorist wanting to seriously damage the U.S. It is really quite a vulnerability. The assasination of just about any other president would unite the country - not so in the case of Obama. And I doubt it would really matter much what the race of the person who killed him was - emotions would be running so hot that conspiratorial thinking certainly dominate. There would doubtless be massive riots across the U.S.

I think the citizenship question is probably nonsense.

Probably??? I find that a bit worrisome coming from you. Perhaps I should look into this.

Edited by Connor MacLeod, 26 October 2008 - 09:38 AM.

#15 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:10 AM

(Connor MacLeod)
This will actually be a serious concern both before and after the election. Obama would make an ideal target for a neo-nazi hoping to incite a race war, or a foriegn terrorist wanting to seriously damage the U.S. It is really quite a vulnerability. The assasination of just about any other president would unite the country - not so in the case of Obama. And I doubt it would really matter much what the race of the person who killed him was - emotions would be running so hot that conspiratorial thinking certainly dominate. There would doubtless be massive riots across the U.S.

This argument highlights a flaw in the American people and our culture, not the government, or Obama. There is no reason to deny Obama a rightful place as the head of state under this claim of threat from within. The threat exists regardless and the exposure of our vulnerability in this regard is better sooner rather than later because so long as the vulnerability remains the country as a whole is threatened.

To argue that Obama should be denied office on this basis is like suggesting that slavery should have been accepted in order to avoid a Civil War. A remarkably dangerous parallel that some really do still feel was a legitimate option. However the longer such myths remain in place the more dangerous they become, not less, and the more likely it becomes that belief in such popular fallacy will lead to the destruction of the republic.

I think the citizenship question is probably nonsense.

Probably??? I find that a bit worrisome coming from you. Perhaps I should look into this.

As for the claim that Obama is not a citizen, I find that one outright specious; a total red herring without merit and lacking any basis in fact or law. Please do look into it. Start with Article 14 of the Constitution but don't stop there. Please reference Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401

#16 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:54 PM

(Connor MacLeod)

This argument highlights a flaw in the American people and our culture, not the government, or Obama. There is no reason to deny Obama a rightful place as the head of state under this claim of threat from within.

I'm not making an argument, merely expressing a concern. You are tilting at windmills.

#17 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Not tilting friend, just pointing out that if your observation is true is says a lot more about the country than it does about the candidate.

However I am not sure that such an event would significantly divide the country. Charles Manson once made the same error in judgment.

I think if that feared tragedy happened it would unite the country and further isolate the extremists, much to their chagrin.

Nevertheless I most fervently hope history does not provide either us vindication of our perspective. Such an act would far more likely lead to the ironic opening of prison camps for neo-nazis and/or a jihad by the whole world against Islamic fundamentalists.

#18 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

The thing about riots is about Obama losing. People will completely flip out if McCain wins.

About the assassination attempt, apparently Kennedy was shot because he was Catholic. Obama subscribes to Black Liberation Theology... lol.

#19 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:04 PM

About the assassination attempt, apparently Kennedy was shot because he was Catholic. Obama subscribes to Black Liberation Theology... lol.

I believe our country has come a long way since the Civil Rights era. However, there will always be those extremely racist, psycho pricks running around, and there kind can be very violent. It is an extreme concern that an attempt on Obama's life is possible, unfortunately. To turn your head to this would be ignorantly denying the fact that there still are white on black racists living in America today. This is a National security concern, but it should not deter anyone from voting for Obama.

If an American voter believes the Obama/Biden ticket is the best, then by all rights, do your American duty and vote for them. Don't let scare tactics get in your way.

#20 Connor MacLeod

• 619 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Not tilting friend, just pointing out that if your observation is true is says a lot more about the country than it does about the candidate.

Well this point seems entirely obvious.

#21 TheOtherIgor

• 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:13 AM

The thing about riots is about Obama losing. People will completely flip out if McCain wins.

I doubt there will be riots if Obama loses. There hasn't been much hostile, collective activity among the Obama supportors nor the McCain supportors. The people in love with Palin -- now, that's different. They're an unpleasant bunch.

Edited by TheOtherIgor, 02 November 2008 - 02:18 AM.

#22 Iam Empathy

• 429 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

I doubt there will be riots if Obama loses. There hasn't been much hostile, collective activity among the Obama supportors nor the McCain supportors. The people in love with Palin -- now, that's different. They're an unpleasant bunch.

I could easily see a group of Palin supporters spreading terror.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users