• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Honorable Carlos Gutiérrez Endorses John McCain

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:38 AM

Statement From The Honorable Carlos Gutiérrez

WASHINGTON – The Honorable Carlos Gutiérrez, the highest ranking Hispanic political figure in the United States, issued the following statement about his choice for President, John McCain. As a Latino immigrant who after arriving in the United States worked hard to achieve the American Dream, Gutiérrez asserts that John McCain, and not Barack Obama, is the President that Latinos need in the White House. John McCain proposes to create opportunities to all Americans and preserve the American Dream. In his message, Gutiérrez also urges Latinos to vote.

Hello, this is Carlos Gutiérrez on behalf of John McCain.

Hispanics like me came to this country to achieve the American Dream. I left Cuba at a young age because of the political and economic circumstances in my native land.

In the U.S., I have provided my family a future that would have been impossible in Cuba.

Today, during this difficult economic time, I believe that John McCain is the only candidate who will truly work for positive economic growth for our community.

McCain’s opponent has publicly stated his intention to redistribute our earnings. He wants to control our money and punish success.

We, Hispanics, are hardworking individuals and John McCain, who has been fighting for this country since the age of 17, understands that we, and not the government, should decide what’s best for our hard earned paycheck. McCain will create opportunity for advancement, for our children to better afford higher education and will provide more accessible and higher quality health care than opponent, including those with pre-existing conditions.

So please, let’s make a difference by going to the polls. Put your country first by voting for John McCain. He has always been a true friend of our community. Do it for our children and for the preservation of the American Dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users