• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What are the things you say to chip away at the pro aging trancists?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Maybe just let the pro-aging trancists be. They're being evolutionarily selected against anyhow.

#32 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

I would suggest the visit of a old people house: depressing and not allways qualified employees.

I would just remind how expessives are the treatments for ealderly. It's not anybody who can have a full time nurse to shower you, feed you, making you food and shopping.

Many old persons use to tell once your aging, people stop to touch you, don't consider you. Depressions and suicides of senior are taboo.
Breaking those taboo could be also an help for fighting aging.

Gouvernements will soon realise it's cheaper to invest in treatments, our society is aging so cost will increase. We won't hve enough youg worker to support them.

Edited by .fonclea., 08 March 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#33 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Maybe just let the pro-aging trancists be. They're being evolutionarily selected against anyhow.

Well, some of the trancists are lost causes, but many of them can and will snap out of it. Many of them arent even so much in a trance as they are just not informed about the progress toward human indefinity.

We are all like one eyed life extension generals in the land of the blind. The world depends on us to rally them with our vision, and we depend on them to help us fill our ranks and fight the rest of the pro aging trancists, the deathists, aging, most all other diseases, and all the other stumbling blocks on the way to indefinity.

I was thinking about that too, maybe many of the pro aging trancists are being evolutionarily selected out. First we needed genes to carry us along until we got to the point where our minds could start harnessing the enviroment more and more. Now that we're there, now that we have tons of tools that our minds created at our disposal, and tons of coordinated data management, ie phones and mass transit and the internet, and tons of free thinking types of people, maybe evolution is starting to try to tend to select out many of the large family producers, the dull brute types and so forth.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

Well, some of the trancists are lost causes, but many of them can and will snap out of it. Many of them arent even so much in a trance as they are just not informed about the progress toward human indefinity.

We are all like one eyed life extension generals in the land of the blind. The world depends on us to rally them with our vision, and we depend on them to help us fill our ranks and fight the rest of the pro aging trancists, the deathists, aging, most all other diseases, and all the other stumbling blocks on the way to indefinity.

I was thinking about that too, maybe many of the pro aging trancists are being evolutionarily selected out. First we needed genes to carry us along until we got to the point where our minds could start harnessing the enviroment more and more. Now that we're there, now that we have tons of tools that our minds created at our disposal, and tons of coordinated data management, ie phones and mass transit and the internet, and tons of free thinking types of people, maybe evolution is starting to try to tend to select out many of the large family producers, the dull brute types and so forth.

I just watched this TED presentation and thought you might enjoy it:

http://www.ted.com/i...es_we_lead.html

Perhaps the "secret handshake" approach is something we haven't considered yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users