• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The fallen

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

Here's another scary prophetic message from watchmen org. I can certainly see why the speaker wishes to remain anonymous.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

Spooky beginning. :)

Didn't have patience to watch the rest.

#3 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

Spooky beginning. :)

Didn't have patience to watch the rest.

You should listen to the rest of it. You're missing a good podcast.

#4 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:45 AM

The essential point that the Bush regime is monstrous is valid, although the supporting arguments based on a strict, literal interpretation of the Bible are absurd. Further, the speaker, in the fashion of most preachers, is needlessly and monotonously repetitious. He could have said the same thing in one minute without droning on for 30.

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

Edited by zoolander, 06 November 2008 - 08:03 AM.

• like x 1

#6 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

Being that this is the "Spirituality & Religion" forum, attempts by religious persons to persuade others of the correctness of their beliefs is to be expected. So I think Zoolander's linked video isn't really appropriate, although I often share these sentiments.

#7 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

The essential point that the Bush regime is monstrous is valid, although the supporting arguments based on a strict, literal interpretation of the Bible are absurd. Further, the speaker, in the fashion of most preachers, is needlessly and monotonously repetitious. He could have said the same thing in one minute without droning on for 30.

But you must admit he's a good speaker and knows what he's talking about.

#8 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

This guy enjoys being "rude" and "closed minded" in his debates with religious people on You Tube. If he really didn't like to debate with religious people he wouldn't hang out there or even listen to their arguments.

He's right in his last statement. Yahshua (Jesus) is opposed to the many antichrists and antichrist religions masquerading as Christian that currently dominate the world, but He wouldn't care to much for this guy either I don't think. Checkout the Antichrist podcast below.

• like x 1

#9 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:10 AM

TianZi, the spirituality and Religion fora are not just for the promotion of religious who ha. The institute is a public environment and I happened to be walking through and heard vermicious knids instilling fear, hence......

Edited by zoolander, 07 November 2008 - 05:11 AM.

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:36 AM

Wow zoolanders video is great, and hilarious, "If you tried to sell me a car today and I didnt buy it, I dont need you to come back the next day and try to sell me the car, especially, if its an invisible car."

It seems to me that posting stuff like that here is just as it is for say the science forums where people are more than welcome to come in and discuss counter arguements to the science. Is religion hoping it would be free of counter arguement? How then could we test its validity? They do want us to double check what they are saying right?

#11 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

TianZi, the spirituality and Religion fora are not just for the promotion of religious who ha. The institute is a public environment and I happened to be walking through and heard vermicious knids instilling fear, hence......

Clearly a distortion. The anonymous speaker is providing a public service by giving a warning. Take heed or suffer the consequences! Medical science provides such warnings does it not?

#12 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

It seems to me that posting stuff like that here is just as it is for say the science forums where people are more than welcome to come in and discuss counter arguements to the science. Is religion hoping it would be free of counter arguement? How then could we test its validity? They do want us to double check what they are saying right?

You don't hear me complaining. The reason I posted the podcast was so I could receive positive feedback and learn something from it in the process. I thought the anonymous speaker in the podcast to be unique and quite a bit different from the run of the mill religious nonsense being pedaled for a profit.

#13 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

Take heed or suffer the consequences!

ummm.....like I said "instilling fear"

Medical science provides such warnings does it not?

based on a statistically significant outcome

Edited by zoolander, 08 November 2008 - 05:26 AM.

#14 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:35 AM

"Praise the Lord or else"

#15 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Take heed or suffer the consequences!

ummm.....like I said "instilling fear"

Medical science provides such warnings does it not?

based on a statistically significant outcome

So, you would also be opposed to stop lights and stop signs too? True, fear and punishment are bad things I readily agree. The apostle John advises us that fear has to do with punishment and that perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18. This is what Yahweh (God) is trying to do. He's trying to instill perfect love in man, but to do this requires a certain amount of fear of and obedience to Him to accomplish the task. His goal is to drive out all fear.

You want fear limited to statistically significant outcomes which will never provide us with an adequate warning of life threatening future events. The body of knowledge provided by science can not show us how to live our lives in peace and justice or protect us from unforseen threats. Yahweh has provided us with the necessary knowledge and wisdom to live by in the Bible and has promised to protect us from future unforseeable harms if we are living by that knowledge and wisdom. Isaiah 65:20-25.

What wit new avatar? This is immortality forum dedicated to conquering the blight of death right? You trying to instill fear of death or something?

#16 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

"Praise the Lord or else"

Like most of your atheists, this guy is focusing on the serious problems of the organized religions to the exclusion of good religion. He's locked into overkill mode.

Because he has no belief in Yahweh and hasn't studied the Bible, he doesn't see the necessity of religious duties like Thomas Paine did. http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=275727. These religious duties are what are needed to overcome the bad religion he despises.

In order to obtain the freedom preached in the video, you must look into the perfect law that brings freedom and actually practice pure religion while keeping a tight reign on the tongue. James 1:25-27. Is the speaker in the video doing this?

#17 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image

#18 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

This seems to be unrelated to the topic of this discussion unless you can shed some light on its meaning? I personally can't see a rational relationship to the topic.

#19 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

Posted Image

This seems to be unrelated to the topic of this discussion unless you can shed some light on its meaning? I personally can't see a rational relationship to the topic.

Likewise.

#20 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

this is the spirituality and religion fora isn't it?

#21 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:27 PM

In order to obtain the freedom preached in the video, you must look into the perfect law that brings freedom and actually practice pure religion while keeping a tight reign on the tongue. James 1:25-27. Is the speaker in the video doing this?

What would be the difference between "perfect law" and "pure religion"?
Apart from the theoretical characteristic that perfect law is imposed by society and excepted by each individual without hesitation and "pure religion" is intrinsic to each individual human without individual interpretations, I see no difference.
Furthermore, as seen from a more practical standpoint, the differences diminish even further. There is no intrinsic religious notion without individual (or group-wise) interpretation and there is no perfect law that is excepted by each individual without hesitation.
Both secular perfect law and pure religion are utopian.
To make an imperfect law (they all are imperfect) look perfect, a police state is required. Which is a huge contradiction to the perfect law concept which intention it is to bring unsurpassed freedom.
Likewise pure religion, although the mechanisms are a bit more subtle nowadays in the western world, albeit less subtle in some other societies. Some would call the more subtle persuasion to make religion look pure "tight reign on the tongue". :~

#22 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:59 AM

this is the spirituality and religion fora isn't it?

You're just being ornery because you been working too hard and drinking too much. :~

#23 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:12 AM

admittedly I am trolling in the religion fora. It's my favorite way to spend a Sunday Afternoon

#24 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:23 AM

admittedly I am trolling in the religion fora. It's my favorite way to spend a Sunday Afternoon

As long as you keep the seventh day sabbath holy I have no objection. Sunday, the first day of the week, is the Catholic churches twist on the Scriptures. Keep up the good work!

#25 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

What would be the difference between "perfect law" and "pure religion"?

Obedience to Yahweh's perfect law leads to the doing of acts of mercy and kindness to ones neigbors which is defined as "pure religion" in the Scriptures.

secular perfect law

I've never heard of a perfect secular law. The man made law is always subject to be unfair or to be applied unfairly.

To make an imperfect law (they all are imperfect) look perfect, a police state is required.

I agree! That's what's happening here in the United States.

Which is a huge contradiction to the perfect law concept which intention it is to bring unsurpassed freedom.

Our man made legal systems are designed to further the capitalist, police state agenda. They are too flawed to bring about unsurpassed freedom.

#26 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:03 PM

From a certain political point of view you make a lot of sense.

But you forgot to react on my conclusive comment:

Likewise pure religion, although the mechanisms are a bit more subtle nowadays in the western world, albeit less subtle in some other societies. Some would call the more subtle persuasion to make religion look pure "tight reign on the tongue". :)

#27 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

From a certain political point of view you make a lot of sense.

But you forgot to react on my conclusive comment:

Likewise pure religion, although the mechanisms are a bit more subtle nowadays in the western world, albeit less subtle in some other societies. Some would call the more subtle persuasion to make religion look pure "tight reign on the tongue". :)

I would of responded but I was unable to apprend the meaning. Possibly you could restate it in a different way I might be able to understand. I don't always catch what's obvious to others.

#28 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:18 AM

Elijah, maybe you could summarize the video to us? I'm curious to know what it's about exactly. The title is enticing, but the fact that it's almost a half hour is a little discouraging. How about a teaser?

#29 william7

• Topic Starter
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

Elijah, maybe you could summarize the video to us? I'm curious to know what it's about exactly. The title is enticing, but the fact that it's almost a half hour is a little discouraging. How about a teaser?

The speaker in the podcast is speaking about Satan's counterfeit Christianity or antichristianity and the problems its causing in the United States and the world today. You should listen to it. Sorry about the poor quality!

I, however, strongly disagree with him that the United States is the end time "Babylon the Great" mentioned in the Scriptures. Revelation 17:5. And, I do believe it will be Europe and the Roman Catholic church coming together again as it so often has in history for one last evil power grab. See, for example, http://www.gnmagazin..._borderless.htm and http://www.gnmagazin...imeprophecy.asp. The United States is a nation drunk on the wine of Babylon, but is not itself Babylon. Revelation 18:1-3.

The prophecy against Babylon found in the book of Revelation clearly indicates the blood of the prophets and saints can be found in her. Revelation 18:24. Rome hunted down, tortured and killed many in the early Church. And, after Rome adopted what it called "Christianity" as its official religion, it persecuted those who refused to follow the false version it created. See, for example, Modern Christianty's Forgotten Roots, at http://www.gnmagazin...gottenroots.htm.

I would like to point out that I did not make this podcast from a video. I received the material from a friend in a CD-R format and was told it was passed on to him from someone who told him to pass it along and that the speaker wanted anonymity. The reason I used Podomatic instead of Podbean like I did here, at http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=24956, was because Podbean wouldn't allow it due to its length or size. I was forced to go to Podomatic with it.

I tried searches on the Internet to discover who the speaker and the organization was, but wasn't successful. I would like to hear more from him and his organization even though I disagree with him on several points. I realize he paints the Muslims as innocents and this sounds antisemitic. He probably should've paid closer attention to Zechariah 12:1-14; 14:12-16. But I also don't believe President Bush had been given any divine authority to attack or punish Muslims.

Had Bush, however, fully destroyed the rebuilt Babylon in Iraq at the outset of the war he would've fulfilled Bible prophecy, got the United States a blessing, and made a great name for himself - even though Yahweh(God) wouldn't have considered it "Babylon the Great." Jeremiah 50:1-46; 51:1-64. Instead, Bush used the Babylon prophecy as a tactical maneuver to fake out Saddam into thinking he was going to send coalition forces in from the north through Turkey like the prophecy indicates. A Newsweek article pointed out that Saddam diverted a large portion of his forces to defend against an attack from the north when the major attack came up from the south. See http://www.newsweek....5?tid=relatedcl.

There was a lot in the media about Saddam seeing himself as a new Nebuchadnezzar who rebuilt the ruins of ancient Babylon. I can't believe Saddam wasn't fully aware of the biblical prophecy and its lack of fulfillment. And, I can't believe it didn't cross his mind that Bush might try to play the role of a new Cyrus the Great.

#30 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

I'm about 5 minutes into the speech. There's a lot of things I agree with, but I think he thinks that he knows too much.

Like the line about how the anti-christ is most definitely a christian leader or set of leaders. I believe it could be that, but that it could also include muslim, jewish, and atheist leaders as well. Possibly others.

I'm not done with the speech though. It is a bit long and I don't think I I'll be able to do it in just this one sitting. It is interesting though.

Elijah, I'd like to talk to you one-on-one one of these days. Or maybe start a joint thread? I feel ideas brewing that I'd like to get out.

Either way, I think this speaker claims to know more than he could. I don't know if you agree with me on that, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users