• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

McCain Concession Speech (transcript)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:51 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...ain.transcript/

It seems McCain rediscovered the voice that commanded my respect in year 2000, but which had largely been absent in this presidential campaign. If the year 2000 McCain had contended for the presidency backed by a VP candidate who represented the same ideals, the outcome might have been different today.

Edited by TianZi, 05 November 2008 - 05:52 AM.

#2 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:10 AM

http://edition.cnn.c...ain.transcript/

It seems McCain rediscovered the voice that commanded my respect in year 2000, but which had largely been absent in this presidential campaign. If the year 2000 McCain had contended for the presidency backed by a VP candidate who represented the same ideals, the outcome might have been different today.

Yes, his speech was stirring and it harkened back to the McCain of 2000, who I'd have voted for over Gore, if McCain had won the primary. I was backing McCain then, believe it or not. I wish McCain well; he's done a lot for the nation and I think, all in all, he is a good man, even if I've strongly disagreed with the direction he took post 9/11.

#3 TianZi

• Topic Starter
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

The way McCain framed the results of this election from a historical perspective was admirable.

Was it just my imagination, or was there palpable tension between McCain and Palin on that stage? I don't think we'll be seeing much of those two together again in the future.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

The way McCain framed the results of this election from a historical perspective was admirable.

Was it just my imagination, or was there palpable tension between McCain and Palin on that stage? I don't think we'll be seeing much of those two together again in the future.

Yes, it was perhaps McCain's finest hour in the campaign.

And I just don't want to see anymore of Palin, period. She was one of the key reasons why I could never have voted for McCain.

#5 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:39 AM

Yes, it was perhaps McCain's finest hour in the campaign.

And I just don't want to see anymore of Palin, period. She was one of the key reasons why I could never have voted for McCain.

#6 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

“Fight on, my men,” says Sir Andrew Barton,
“I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I’ll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I’ll rise and fight again."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users