• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is Aniracetam just suppose to be stronger than Piracetam?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Piracetam vs Aniracetam (164 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer? (If you vote, state the reasoning for your choice in a forum post)

1. Piracetam (I have NOT used Aniracetam) (47 votes [27.98%])

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

2. Aniracetam (I have NOT used piracetam) (15 votes [8.93%])

Percentage of vote: 8.93%

3. Piracetam, I have used both (35 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

4. Aniracetam, I have used both (71 votes [42.26%])

Percentage of vote: 42.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:59 AM

Aniracetam potentiates the AMPA receptor which activates the glutamate receptors, which is highly involved in LTP and the release of BDNF. Theoretically speaking, this should help with LTM, but I have yet to come across enough anecdotal evidence pointing to an improvement in subject LTM.

Piracetam also effects the AMPA and glutamate receptors but it seems it does so very weakly.

Oxiracetam positively modulates the AMPA and glutamate receptors as well, and ALSO increases the release of the excitatory D-AA and glutamate which may make Oxiracetam a better candidate for LTM potentiation.

Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam both increase HACU (high affinity choline uptake) which does not occur in either Aniracetam or Piracetam. HACU is the rate limiting step to acetylcholine synthesis.

That said, it seems anecdotally speaking and according to the poll on "The BEST Racetam", it seems that Aniracetam, out of the big 4, is the least favored racetam. Theoretically speaking Aniracetam looks really good, but in reality it seems to cause fatigue and brain fog for a large number of users.

Source: examine.com

#62 deh707

• 126 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Aniracetam potentiates the AMPA receptor which activates the glutamate receptors, which is highly involved in LTP and the release of BDNF. Theoretically speaking, this should help with LTM, but I have yet to come across enough anecdotal evidence pointing to an improvement in subject LTM.

Piracetam also effects the AMPA and glutamate receptors but it seems it does so very weakly.

Oxiracetam positively modulates the AMPA and glutamate receptors as well, and ALSO increases the release of the excitatory D-AA and glutamate which may make Oxiracetam a better candidate for LTM potentiation.

Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam both increase HACU (high affinity choline uptake) which does not occur in either Aniracetam or Piracetam. HACU is the rate limiting step to acetylcholine synthesis.

That said, it seems anecdotally speaking and according to the poll on "The BEST Racetam", it seems that Aniracetam, out of the big 4, is the least favored racetam. Theoretically speaking Aniracetam looks really good, but in reality it seems to cause fatigue and brain fog for a large number of users.

Aniracetam only leaves me lethargic and brain-foggy at doses higher than 500mg. Most people give up on it before going below the standard 750mg dose.

I find 250mg to be my sweet spot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Aniracetam only leaves me lethargic and brain-foggy at doses higher than 500mg. Most people give up on it before going below the standard 750mg dose.

I find 250mg to be my sweet spot.

I agree most people give up before going on a lower dose. For me, Oxiracetam's benefits did not appear until I lowered the dose to 100 mg. At higher doses of 500 mg+ I did not notice any cognitive benefits.

It seems that the initial brain fog that occurred from Aniracetam has subsided, however I have not noticed any immediate cognitive improvements as I have with the other racetams. Perhaps my NMDA/AMPA pathways are already functioning normally. Oxi/Pram seem to have the strongest effects for me, so maybe I'm more responsive to substances that strongly affect the cholinergic pathways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users