- - - - -

ImmInst's Second Book?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aphrodite

• Guest, F@H
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows when the Immortality Institute plans to release their second book? Thanks :~

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

Currently it is stalled, there have been a few problems with contacting authors to do an updated version. The original is still useful and a classic in many regards :~

#3 Aphrodite

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Has anybody heard any updates on the status of the second book?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

It has been postponed. Caliban could not get any traction with prior authors. How does everyone else feel about trying again for a second book? The first book was a success for Imminst and I thought it was quite groundbreaking for its time. I think we had a deal with a publisher for a second book - to be launched on an academic list - but Shannon or Caliban could answer in more detail.

#5 Neurosail

• Life Member, F@H
  • 311 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

It has been postponed. Caliban could not get any traction with prior authors. How does everyone else feel about trying again for a second book? The first book was a success for Imminst and I thought it was quite groundbreaking for its time. I think we had a deal with a publisher for a second book - to be launched on an academic list - but Shannon or Caliban could answer in more detail.

I would like to write an article for the book. How many words are needed for an article and what topics or themes will the new book take? The new book should have different themes from the last book (otherwise people won't buy it if it is just a recap of the last book).

Let me know of what you think, if other people are interested, we could have a new book by next Christmas season. That may be the best time to release a new book because people will be looking for gifts that are different, and from their point of view, extreme life extension is very different and novel.

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Do you think having a call for articles might be a good idea, Mind? I bet if we publicized it we could get a bunch of submissions.

#7 Aphrodite

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

Could you possibly advertise this on the front page of Imminst?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users