• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What's the ENergy Drink W/ Piracetam in it?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

i think MInd or another leader said they even make energy drinks with Piracetam dissolved in,

what's the drink? Monster, Rock Star??

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Most energy drinks have some sort of mental stimulant (nootrope) besides caffeine. Redline has vinpocetine. Neurofuel has piracetam.

Here is the Imminst discussion about Neurfuel

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

I imagine it would be something far more obscure than that; piracetam is not that mainstream. Plus, as I pointed out a while ago on another thread, piracetam tastes like crap. To put it in the energy drink, they would either have to cut back the dose drastically, compromise the flavor with the nasty piracetaste (no sane beverage maker would do this), or dump far too much sugar in so that the drink would merely taste "funny"-- and I think the sugar spike would probably be counterproductive to your nootropic goals.

EDIT: well look at that, they cut back the dose, and of course it's chock full of sugar. Also, the formulation looks like it's in dire need of some tweaks. Definitely not a "life-extension" oriented drink. I always thought it would be a cool marketing scheme to have a drink with a little pill in a plastic pouch attached to it... it gives the consumer the impression that there's something scientific going on if they have to take some in a pill and some in a drink.

Edited by PetaKiaRose, 01 December 2008 - 05:27 PM.

#4 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

Most energy drinks have some sort of mental stimulant (nootrope) besides caffeine. Redline has vinpocetine. Neurofuel has piracetam.

Those two energy drinks are a bit obscure. I vaguely remember reading about them here, but haven't seen any sold in grocery stores.

Like PetaKiaRose mentioned, sure the piracetam could make the drink taste bad, but wouldn;t that be a good way to covering nasty taste/smell a little bit? I've read ppl drink a gulp of OJ and then throw some powder in their mouth , and some mix it with sugar water, but if it's 100% dissolved in a drink w/ powerful flavors to mask the undesirable , wouldn't it be a big sell?

Edited by HYP86, 02 December 2008 - 04:12 AM.

#5 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:37 AM

Those two energy drinks are a bit obscure. I vaguely remember reading about them here, but haven't seen any sold in grocery stores.

Like PetaKiaRose mentioned, sure the piracetam could make the drink taste bad, but wouldn;t that be a good way to covering nasty taste/smell a little bit? I've read ppl drink a gulp of OJ and then throw some powder in their mouth , and some mix it with sugar water, but if it's 100% dissolved in a drink w/ powerful flavors to mask the undesirable , wouldn't it be a big sell?

I think you're underestimating just how gross piracetam tastes.

#6 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

Piracetam tastes fine if you mix it with something citrusy.

#7 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

Even when I mix it w/ OJ it has that nasty aftertaste.

#8 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Even when I mix it w/ OJ it has that nasty aftertaste.

Found on a few sites with a quick google search, 750mg is a decent dose. Especially when people may drink two or more a day like many do with energy drinks. And it has 500mg of choline with it. Not bad.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Mood enhancement blend contains 127 mg of caffeine, 1500 mg of taurine, 750 mg Glucuronolactone , 1000 mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, 750 mg DL-phenylalanine, 500 mg Choline, 37.5 mg Inositol, and 750 mg Piracetam. There is also 100% dv of 6 B vitamins and vitamin C. Piracetam is the really unique ingredient in this list and is supposed to enhance cognition and memory. As you can see they id not skimp on the ingredients. 125 mg of caffeine and 1500 of Taurine is a good amount. There are 100 calories , 21 grams of sugar, and 22 grams of carbs. I will give them a grade of B+ for kick/ingredients.

#9 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Oh and I found this on a review online of NeuroFuel...

Neurofuel has a light citrus melon flavor. It’s like a watered down Full Throttle in that regard. There is a minor vitamin wheatiness flavor, that is somewhat unpleasant, but it’s tangential to the main flavor. Neurofuel has a mild lime and lemon angle to the flavor upfront with some casaba melon on the backend. A slight grape and cherry flavor mix around the edges. I found Neurofuel hit my tastebuds a little flat throughout, but is not bad at all.

Doesn't sound horrendous to me...

#10 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

http://www.amazon.co...e...3166&sr=8-1

I just found it on Amazon for about a 1.75 a can with free shipping. There are 4 reviews, all stating the taste is good and giving it 5 out of 5 stars. To me, as far as "energy drinks" go it looks like a winner. I am about to order some and I will post back.

#11 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

http://www.amazon.co...e...3166&sr=8-1

I just found it on Amazon for about a 1.75 a can with free shipping. There are 4 reviews, all stating the taste is good and giving it 5 out of 5 stars. To me, as far as "energy drinks" go it looks like a winner. I am about to order some and I will post back.

I'm about to order the 24-pack/can deal from Amazon too. 127mg of caffiene, the 1500mg taurine, other stuff, 750mg Piracetam (i'd drink ~4 cans a day and that can get the Pira loading phase there, at 3g of piracetam), the stacking w/ 500mg choline , all at a good price , cheaper than redbull but the all the noots are stacked up there.

#12 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Just bought the 24-pac Neurofuel from Amazon. bought 700g piracetam from 1Fast400

#13 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

will compare drink w/ pira powder from 1fast400. amazon: 1 day shipping. hopefully by Fri /Sat

#14 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

It doesn't taste special , actually kinda bad, bland. one of my Friends tried it, and he kinda puked....

i don't mind extra sugar as long as it tastes nice.
Geez, afraid to try P. Powder now, BN's is like pure powder i wonder how crappy/nasty it tastes

#15 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

It doesn't taste special , actually kinda bad, bland. one of my Friends tried it, and he kinda puked....

i don't mind extra sugar as long as it tastes nice.
Geez, afraid to try P. Powder now, BN's is like pure powder i wonder how crappy/nasty it tastes

Would you say that the effect is comparable to normal piracetam?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

isnt there a loading phase? pretrial phase before effects start, so far i dont like the taste of neurofuel.

i imagine the 1fast400 powder is worse tasting

threw up the previous meal tho. could be due to caffeine and/or piracetam

every energy drink I tried tastes better than this. a bit much in caffiene, a few cans and other stuff, some ppl'd feel the caff..bad

should we add in more sugar? flavorings . dunno what p tastes like but I get the idea. mask the taste plz. maybe i should buy a bag of sugar
things to mix in.

Edited by HYP86, 11 December 2008 - 11:26 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users