Photo
- - - - -

Common Intake Instructions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steelsky

• 412 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

This one has been a constant concern of mine, and I'm sure of many others...
The main question is which supplements to take with food, and which on an empty stomach.
I bet there are common guidelines that can help out.

I'll start - Amino acids should be taken on an empty stomach.
Would like to know about vitamins, probiotics, teas, herbs, minerals, antioxidants, etc.

#2 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

This one has been a constant concern of mine, and I'm sure of many others...
The main question is which supplements to take with food, and which on an empty stomach.
I bet there are common guidelines that can help out.

I'll start - Amino acids should be taken on an empty stomach.
Would like to know about vitamins, probiotics, teas, herbs, minerals, antioxidants, etc.

And, for the supplements to be taken with food, the kind of food might be important. For example, I avoid taking supplements close to my morning oatmeal, which may hinder the absorption of more than just the cholesterol it is famous for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

And, for the supplements to be taken with food, the kind of food might be important. For example, I avoid taking supplements close to my morning oatmeal, which may hinder the absorption of more than just the cholesterol it is famous for.

Exactly. I'd also add frequency, for optimal efficacy (e.g., specifying supplements which have short half-lives so to be taken more frequently)

And there is also the matter of absorption enhancers, such as Peperine and Naringin.

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

this topic has been discussed fairly frequently. you should try to search for it

Peperine and Naringin.

piperine and naringin work by inhibiting certain cytochromes... specifically p450 which play a huge role in detoxifying xenobiotic substances... ie: not something your want to do on a regular basis.

Edited by ajnast4r, 06 December 2008 - 07:55 PM.

#5 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

piperine and naringin work by inhibiting certain cytochromes... specifically p450 which play a huge role in detoxifying xenobiotic substances... ie: not something your want to do on a regular basis.

Weird - Lately I've been using a lot of white pepper with my meals after which I take coQ10, Vitamins C and B6, and Turmeric (I also like the taste, so that's a bonus). I've been doing that for the past couple of months. Lately (the past 3-4 days), I've been having strange stomach aches. I'm not sick or feel bad any other way... Maybe there's a correlation. Interesting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Anyone on anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users