Photo
- - - - -

Cocoa and fiber?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

That what it says on my Navitas brand. Seven grams is a whole lot. Shouldn't this add substantially to the positive health effects of cocoa?

Posted Image

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hmmm, my powdered cocoa from Nestle says 1 gram fiber. My baker's chocolate says 2 grams fiber. Of course, this stuff is processed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sUper GeNius

• Topic Starter
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hmmm, my powdered cocoa from Nestle says 1 gram fiber. My baker's chocolate says 2 grams fiber. Of course, this stuff is processed.

Yes, the Navitas is raw, minimally processed. Maybe it's not the resveratrol that's been making my morning meetings with the porcelain goddess so interesting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

I read the label like: 28% of 6% total carbs. So roughly below 2%. Which accounts for half a gram in a 28 gram portion.

Edit: after looking at it again I must say it's a funny label. Or it's just to early to read labels for me at 7 in the morning. Have to do some more math to understand it..... :)

Ah, I got it. The %'age is to daily value..... :)

Edited by Brainbox, 10 December 2008 - 06:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users