Photo

Is Nubrain closed?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

I placed an order for Centrophenoxine almost 10 days ago. I went to check up on the order and their site says they are closed. What other places can I buy centrophenoxine from? Unique nutrition has very temping prices but decided not to buy from them.

Thanks.

Edited by Lufega, 12 December 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#2 synapse

• 329 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Looks like their site is definitely down. Does anyone know what happened?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Lypiphera

• 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

Looks like their site is definitely down. Does anyone know what happened?

I don't know what happened but I placed my last order on the 4th of Dec and it was a fairly large order and I received all of it about 4 business days later... I'm surprised.

#4 8tyduecevet

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

looks back up, is this the one that gave you a fraudulent charge?

#5 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

looks back up, is this the one that gave you a fraudulent charge?

No, I don't think it was Nubrain. My first order with them which I placed around the same time as cytopharma, did not go through because NUbrain claimed my credit card was missing one number. I replaced the order with a different card.

On the other hand, their selling practices are very misleading. I ordered 120 caps of what I thought was Merck's Lucidril (centrophenoxine), which is what the site is promoting. After more than 3 weeks and having to replace the order, what I received what unique's nutrition centrophenoxine which I was trying to avoid!

The irony is, I could have bought the UN product at any other site for a lot LESS than Nubrain sells it for. Nowhere on that site does it say they sell and ship the UN nutrition label. I am very dissapointed by the selling practices and customer service offered by the owner. I sent him an email but I am likely expecting a harsh reply.

I'm sorry for ranting here about this but after having nothing but positive experiences with Iherb, Luckyvitamin, bulknutrition, etc. this is rather surprising and dissapointing.

Maybe I made a mistake but that's what the order form looks like. Also, in the order page, they list that "NOw we have the MERck brand"

Posted Image

Edited by Lufega, 20 December 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#6 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

relentless improvement

#7 Canetti

• 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

I ordered centrophenoxine through Nubrain in October. My first trial was with the centro from anitaging-systems.com (IAS). But I'm not sure I trust all the generically-sourced supplements coming from China (and I wasn't experiencing any discernable effect from it after 4 months plus). After a lot of searching for anyone offering centro produced by a recognizable name, I found that Nubrain offered the original Merck product.

Certain aspects of the website looked somewhat amateurish, and that and some other clues make me think it's basically a one-man shop. I also found the pricing options for on the website confusing, though I eventually took from it that only the 40 x 250 mg tablets for $29 selection was the original Merck product. In the end, I sent them an email, and their response confirmed this.

I did in short order receive my order of Lucidril-branded centrophenoxine (actually, it's manufatured by Minapharm in Egypt, but I was already aware that they hold the license from Merck to make Lucidril). The tablets are blister-packed, which I feel is a big advantage if indeed there are any stability issues with centro (which I was unaware might be the case until I read on Relentless' site that centro should be refrigerated - still don't know if this is accurate, though).

The upshot is that while expensive, if I order any more centro, I'll certainly order the same branded-product again through Nubrain. That being said, since my experience with centro for a few months now has been less than remarkable, I think it's time to move on to the next thing on my "I wanna try" list.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#8 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

I eventually got the unique nutrition brand of centro and I've been very happy with the results. This is amazing stuff. I've been without tyrosine and magnesium for over 2 weeks now and the centro. has done a great job at keeping my social anx. and cognitive problems at bay. This is definite good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users