- - - - -

Supplements for wound healing

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

TA-65(recently identified as cycloastragenol) is not from Terminalia Arjuna but from Astragalus. I assume the TA there stands for Telomerase Activator. See the huge Astragalus, Astragalocide IV and telomerase thread.

But Terminalia Arjuna is definitely interesting stuff.

Thanks. I realized this after I wrote it. I used astragalus for a while and remembered that thread. I wonder why the wiki article made that claim ?

#32 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

Wound healing?
Looks like Astragaloside IV and Cycloastragenol (from astragalus) are great candidates!

See the full patent application (pictures in the full patent app show wound healing properties):
http://appft1.uspto....cycloastragenol

Note: This patent application has been provided a final rejection on 02/03/2010, so you and I can use it as we wish.

If you don't know who Calvin Harley is (the one who tried to patent this item), you should really google him and 'Geron':
http://www.google.co...lient=firefox-a

Cheers
A

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Carnosine too is supposted to be good for wounds

#34 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

I noticed that using zinc along with Terminalia arjuna boosts ifs effectiveness. Also, found this study on Aloe vera

nfluence of Aloe vera on the glycosaminoglycans in the matrix of healing dermal wounds in rats.
Chithra P, Sajithlal GB, Chandrakasan G.

Department of Biochemistry, Central Leather Research Institute, Madras, India.

Abstract
The influence of Aloe vera (L.) Burman f. on the glycosaminoglycan (GAG) components of the matrix in a healing wound was studied. Wound healing is a dynamic and complex sequence of events of which the major one is the synthesis of extracellular matrix components. The early stage of wound healing is characterized by the laying down of a provisional matrix, which is then followed by the formation of granulation tissue and synthesis of collagen and elastin. The provisional matrix or the ground substance consists of GAGs and proteoglycans (PGs), which are protein GAG conjugates. In the present work, we have studied the influence of Aloe vera on the content of GAG and its types in the granulation tissue of healing wounds. We have also reported the levels of a few enzymes involved in matrix metabolism. The amount of ground substance synthesized was found to be higher in the treated wounds, and in particular, hyaluronic acid and dermatan sulphate levels were increased. The levels of the reported glycohydrolases were elevated on treatment with Aloe vera, indicating increased turnover of the matrix. Both topical and oral treatments with Aloe vera were found to have a positive influence on the synthesis of GAGs and thereby beneficially modulate wound healing.

PMID: 9507902 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#35 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Lufega how's it going with terminalia arjuna? Still think you notice an effect on skin laxity?

#36 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

This posting is a bit late, but for during and right after surgery, Yunnan Baiyao is said to work wonders:

Yunnan Baiyao (or Yunnan Paiyao) (simplified Chinese: 云南白药; traditional Chinese: 雲南白藥) is a hemostatic powdered medicine famous for being carried by the Vietcong to stop bleeding during the Vietnam War. [1] The medicine, developed by Qu Huangzhang in 1902, is designated as one of two Class-1 protected traditional medicines, which gives it 20 years protection. In China, its reputation is equal to that of penicillin in the U.S.

More here: http://en.wikipedia....i/Yunnan_Baiyao

Edited by smithx, 27 November 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#37 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

Lufega how's it going with terminalia arjuna? Still think you notice an effect on skin laxity?

I noticed something at first the nothing. Around this time, I started forming white spots in my fingernails which is sometimes attributed to lack of zinc. I took some zinc for a few days and noticed it had a synergistic effect on my skin along with the Arjuna. Unfortunately, I ran out by this point so I'm waiting for a new order to come in. However, I don't think Arjuna alone will do the trick. For this reason, I'm going to add ellagic acid to increase elastin content.

http://www.imminst.o...post__p__441533

#38 blueinfinity

• 122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Posted Image

scars to my face from falling, I got scratches from asphalt and manuka honey definitely helped speed up the process, but now there are dark spots, the one on my forehead did pretty well but on bridge of my nose, under eyebrow and on cheek, turned dark.

What is the best things to make this go away? continue with manuka honey? or other suggestions?

Edited by blueinfinity, 21 May 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#39 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

LEF has a product now http://m.iherb.com/L...ggie-Caps/46275

#40 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

around an hour ago i applied a paste made from honey and powders of gotu kola and astragalus to a small open wound with a remitting infection. Will see how it goes. hopefully doesn't make the infection any worse

#41 stephen_b

• Topic Starter
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

What is the best things to make this go away? continue with manuka honey? or other suggestions?

Near infrared LEDs (as discussed in the LostFalco thread) might be an option. See PMID 11776448 and PMID 16120414, for example. It's pretty cheap too.

#42 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Anecdotal, but when d-aspartic acid first became popular there were reports of accelerated wound healing. I had cut my hand pretty good and wondered why it healed so fast.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2022 - 01:08 AM

Apply proteins directly to a wound and it will heal faster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users