- - - - -

My eyesight is not worsening..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:01 AM

It's the strangest thing. I have myopia, astigmatism and horrible night vision. I started seeing double when I was 9 years old. In short, my vision has always been lousy. In a few short years, my eyesight progressively worsened and this was the trend I came to accept. If it weren't for polycarbonate and high-index lenses, I think my nose would have fallen off those glasses were getting so heavy. Bad eye-sight is something that runs in my family and is generally accepted and never questioned. It just happens, right? My dad is blind, his dad is blind, and so on..

The strangest thing is happening. I am now 29 and last week I had my last checkup. My eyesight has not changed, for better or worse, in the last 2 years. It is exactly the same as it was in my last checkup, December 2006. I have been seeing the same Doctor and he's been using the same equipment so these things are constant. I am trying to figure out what I've done that is affecting my vision.

I've been supplementing since 2004 but I have only been consistent with a couple of things: MSM, Curcumin and magnesium. I have experimented with tons of other stuff but never for more than a couple of months. I have never used supplements that are typically used for the eyes, like lutein, zeaxanthin, etc.

MSM was the first thing I ever used. I introduced it sometime in 2004. The dose has always varied and I stopped using it only in the last few months but I always consistent using it. Curcumin I introduce in late 2005 and magnesium in Dec., 2007 (wish I would have earlier). From this, I see that msm and curcumin and the likely culprits. I've also noticed that when I use pycnogenol, my eye-sight is sharper, even if only temporarily. Is eyesight somehow related to connective tissue quality?

I have poor connective tissue quality and suffer from a few related disorders (MVP, joint laxity, hernias, etc.) but only recently have I taken measures to improve this (copper, silica, vit. c, zinc, lysine/proline, etc.) I also have very dry eyes and bloodshot eyes, so all factors point to lousy eyesight.

Maybe there is way to reverse/halt vision loss yet to be discovered through nutrition/supplementation?

Any thoughts???

edit: I've also been using quercetin for about as long as the magnesium.

Edited by Lufega, 26 December 2008 - 06:20 AM.

#2 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:09 AM

My eyesight got worse when I was a kid, and then progressively better until I was in my teens. It has stayed the same since then. Without any supplements.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

You might want to take a read of this
http://www.fluoroquinolones.org/

Flox report is available in PDF form here
http://www.fluoroqui...PORT-REV 11.pdf

Interesting read. Sorry to hear you took a quinolone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users