Photo
- - - - -

FASTEST WAY TO LOSE TEN POUNDS...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Crepulance

• 269 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:06 AM

Hey all, tried scouring the boards, but can't seem to find much. Since this seems to be the place to breed experts on the subject, what have you all found is the QUICKEST way to lose 10 pounds (regardless if it is a healthy route. I know there will be a bombardment of "that's not healthy, just excercise" responses, but let's put those aside for the time being :) )

I think we can get a good little list going here, so let's get it started! Time to rock off those holiday pounds! :)

Crep

#2 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hey all, tried scouring the boards, but can't seem to find much. Since this seems to be the place to breed experts on the subject, what have you all found is the QUICKEST way to lose 10 pounds (regardless if it is a healthy route. I know there will be a bombardment of "that's not healthy, just excercise" responses, but let's put those aside for the time being :) )

I think we can get a good little list going here, so let's get it started! Time to rock off those holiday pounds! :)

Crep

Get rid of the Carbs, drink a lot of water and exercise. My Mother and Aunt lose around 5 pounds per week on this diet; they're not even fat though so I don't know why they even go on the diet.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Cut out carbs. You'll lose ten pounds in glycogen and water within a few days. Just don't eat any cereal for the rest of your life and you'll be good.

#4 CobaltThoriumG

• 256 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hack off a forearm. :-D Just joking.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

Stop eating? That's Brucester's plan. From the looks of his pictures, he's already lost more than that, and he's been at it about a week. There's a lot of stupid ways to lose weight. Rather than going for the fastest, you ought to look for something that will last. Try cutting way back on carbs.

#6 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:19 AM

How about DIY Liposuction ?
Needless to say, I'm kidding.

Edited by rwac, 27 December 2008 - 03:22 AM.

#7 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:10 AM

Can someone explain a bit about glycogen and carbs?
I always thought that your weight is relative directly to your calorie intake.
Will eating carbs, while maintaining same X of calories per day, result in more weight than not eating carbs while maintaining the same X calories?

#8 brucester

• 76 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:23 AM

When you stop eating carbs you lose water weight.

Carb molecules attach to water therefore you carry around more water with carbs in your body.

Cutting out carbs wont make you lose more fat on an equivalent calorie diet, but it will cause you to lose around 3 kilos of water in about 3 days.

Low carb diets are deceptive in my opinion.

#9 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

Can someone explain a bit about glycogen and carbs?
I always thought that your weight is relative directly to your calorie intake.
Will eating carbs, while maintaining same X of calories per day, result in more weight than not eating carbs while maintaining the same X calories?

Weight is directly related to caloric intake, but caloric intake is directly related to Satiety, which is best triggered by fat/protein. I just recently noticed that I can eat lots of rice, enough to make me sick, without making me feel satisfied. Not a good thing.

You're ignoring Metabolism here. A faster metabolism makes for more weight loss, and better health overall.
I believe saturated fats and protein improve metabolism. I just started on a lowish carb diet. Lets see how well this works out.

#10 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

Weight is directly related to caloric intake.

I doubt it. Try eating 5,000 kcal of olive oil only and see what happens.

#11 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

Well, if you don't digest the olive oil, it probably doesn't count as intake. :-D

#12 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

Cut out carbs. You'll lose ten pounds in glycogen and water within a few days. Just don't eat any cereal for the rest of your life and you'll be good.

But what do you do in the morning? I'm trying to lower my carb intake, but there's still the morning bowl of cereal that seems impossible to replace.

(EDIT: DP)

Edited by Ben - Aus, 27 December 2008 - 12:46 PM.

#13 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Hey guys, ha. I've actually been on atkins like ten times. And each time I lose a TON of weight, fast, so, yes, I know cutting carbs is great. However, with that said...IT SUCKS!!! :-D Since I've done it that way so many times, I can't bear to think of doing it again. I really need that Ad Libitum thing going on, where I can eat as much of something as I'd like, like atkins. So I was wondering more if any of you have tried only eating one thing or another, or living off a certain formulated smoothie or shake all day. Something to change it up, but something you've actually tried, and it's worked, not just hypothesizing. Thoughts on Beyonce's lemon juice, water, syrup and ceyenne drink?

Just needs to be ten pounds.

Crep

But what do you do in the morning? I'm trying to lower my carb intake, but there's still the morning bowl of cereal that seems impossible to replace.

#14 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Just needs to be ten pounds.

Lucky you! :-D

#15 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

How about 1 or 2 eggs ?
IMHO, it works way better than cereal.

#16 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

Cereals yummy ;-;

Edited by Winterbreeze, 27 December 2008 - 04:56 PM.

#17 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

Ha, oh man, this is going noooowhere :-D

Crep

Cereals yummy ;-;

#18 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

delete carbs entirely, have 2 x 70g whey protein per day plus a serving of steak and greek salad. run 1 hour per day. stay with it as long as you need (14 days min for best results)

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

It's tough to beat the convenience of cereal. It's fast, tasty, and doesn't entail a lot of dishwashing. When I have time, I'll scramble some eggs and grate cheese over the top. More often I make some variant of oatmeal. Today I had cocoa, coconut oil, and splenda (yeah, I know...) in it and sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top. Usually I'll just have a half a cup of wild blueberries in it. Both these options are good, but a hassle. I'd like something easy and fast. Oatmeal's not zero carb, although it's not too bad. It's wheat free, so that's a plus.

#20 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

I recommend replacing the cereal in your breakfast with half a bar of very dark chocolate (85-88%). You'll get more fiber and a megadose of healthy polyphenols, and a little dietary PEA to get your day started right, and only five grams of sugar. Totally low-carb, atkins, or ketogenic diet compatible. At this level of dark chocolate I would really consider it a health food, not a snack or junk item. 70% is borderline, and anything below is definitely too sugar-laden.

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 28 December 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#21 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

It's tough to beat the convenience of cereal. It's fast, tasty, and doesn't entail a lot of dishwashing. When I have time, I'll scramble some eggs and grate cheese over the top. More often I make some variant of oatmeal. Today I had cocoa, coconut oil, and splenda (yeah, I know...) in it and sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top. Usually I'll just have a half a cup of wild blueberries in it. Both these options are good, but a hassle. I'd like something easy and fast. Oatmeal's not zero carb, although it's not too bad. It's wheat free, so that's a plus.

I'm not really into eggs so I guess cereal is really the only way to go and it is convenient as you say, I really hate washing up.

I'm thinking I'll give this recipe a try:

1. Oatmeal (very small amout)
2. Weat bran (as a filler for the missing oatmeal)
3. Blueberries, cocoa, coconut oil, protein, nuts, etc.

#22 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

I'm not really into eggs so I guess cereal is really the only way to go and it is convenient as you say, I really hate washing up.

I'd skip the Wheat Bran.
http://wholehealthso...disease-is.html

#23 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:05 AM

Is a dish of cornflakes per day with milk is really all that fattening?

#24 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

Not calorically, but it is fattening in a glycemic sense, or in the effect it has on your blood sugar. It will produce an undesirably high spike in blood sugar, followed by a crash that will leave you hungry and lead either to increased caloric intake at the next meal or the consumption of a snack.

#25 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

Well, if you don't digest the olive oil, it probably doesn't count as intake. :-D

Okay, then try eating 4,000 kcal of carbs + fat vs. 3,900 kcal of fat + protein. You'll gain more weight on the former than the latter.

#26 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

I'd skip the Wheat Bran.
http://wholehealthso...disease-is.html

Hmm, maybe I'll use some other type of bran. I do need a filler.

#27 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

A non-healthy way would be ultra ketogenic diet. Which theoretically would mean to cut out all carbs (0 g) and eat 10g proteins and high-fat (30g monounsaturated fats per day) to further stimulate fatty acid metabolism. DANGEROUS because it releases too many harmful ketones, as well as toxins from fat cells... Unless you do it for 2-3 days, but then you won't benefit too much either. Some people (bodybuilders) even take ketones to rape their body further and force it into fatty acid metabolism (google "raspberry ketones"). You might well screw up your leptin- / CCK-resistance (i.e. satiety regulating hormones) that way and long-term end up gaining more and burning less though, no idea about the adverse effects...

Fat loss can be accelerated a bit with 1-3 grams of ALCAR plus RALA (transport fat into mitocondria), 7-keto-DHEA (increase fatty acid oxidation), 800mg ECGC (to increase basal metabolic rate by 5%), plenty of water and 2-3 hours of exercise spread throughout the day. 500mg magnesium citrate to induce fat burning enzymes, 800mcg chromium to restore insulin sensitivity, plenty of EPA/DHA to decrease cytokines that the fat cells spew. Then, there is Fucoxanthin/Irvingia stuff supposedly lowering your leptin/CCK resistance and increasing adiponectin, just one definitive (and lef promoted) study out for that yet.

The best way is to do some of the second paragraph in moderation, and exercise a lot, including muscle building. The muscles will then burn calories for you, increasing basal metabolic rate. ;) CLA is useful to prevent fat gain and crack the hormone resistant extra large fat cells. PGX (PolyGlucopleX, carb-absorbing fiber) is helpful in further reducing calories and insulin increases you get from your healthy, calorie-restricted meals and inducing satiety.

PS: Oh, I overread this:

I really need that Ad Libitum thing going on

Ad-Libitum Possibility #1 Bulimia with regular esophageal surgery or a stomach tube or something

Ad-Libitum Possibility #2 Eat ONLY unprocessed fruits and vegetables :)

Edited by mixter, 28 December 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#28 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Well, if you don't digest the olive oil, it probably doesn't count as intake. ;)

Okay, then try eating 4,000 kcal of carbs + fat vs. 3,900 kcal of fat + protein. You'll gain more weight on the former than the latter.

well 4000 kcal > 3900 kcal, so I'm not sure what you're saying.

But I think I get your point. Carbs are bad.

Edited by rwac, 28 December 2008 - 05:47 PM.

#29 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hmm, maybe I'll use some other type of bran. I do need a filler.

Seriously, though. Just use more oats. Bran of any sort is worse than carbs per se.

#30 Crepulance

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

What kind of results have you seen from this?

Crep

delete carbs entirely, have 2 x 70g whey protein per day plus a serving of steak and greek salad. run 1 hour per day. stay with it as long as you need (14 days min for best results)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users