• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Full member Vote! Use up to 8k of imminst funds

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Vote: Yes

Thank You Richard. ;)

Attached Files

#62 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

Vote = yes

and Happy New Year Bill. May there be many more.

Thank You Lazarus, and I would happy right now if I could just squeeze one more year out. ;)

Attached Files

#63 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

We are going to need this money for projects that are sprouting up every where and will be developing in 2009. We might be able to help get this cause exposure for the whole world with 50,000 if we are thrifty, a bit lucky and persistent in our development of it, but how can we afford to diminish for this? We need to build our limited funds not diminish them. If Bruce needed $40,000 for a deadly virus he contracted then should we give that to him? I wouldnt ask for $100.00 from the Immortality Institutes fund if I needed it to survive. I gave $500 to the institute. I didnt give it to private cryonics funds. I feel in a way like Im being ripped off. I would gladly help with a fund raiser to help with this matching cryonics fund for this valuable and long standing member but not from this fund. Its like we have 5 fighter jets to fend off a coming invasion, we wouldnt use one of those fighter planes to go fly off and take say, Aubrey deGrey to the hospital, we need it here and ready to fend off the attack.

My vote is no.

Im a bit weary about making this vote because I dont want members to think that Im cold hearted or a senseless jerk or something but I feel like it has to be said.

I was not expecting a 100% approval of the motion. I saw nothing here that offended me in your response Brokenportal.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Vote: Yes

I agree with the sentiment from some of the other members that a long-term strategy for charity spending should be immediately worked out. I personally believe, completely unbiased and without agenda, that charity would be an excellent endeavour for ImmInst, but there needs to be a firm rule structure to guide any handouts.

Thank You Markum. ;)

#65 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

I've been out of action until this week but am disappointed that I missed this vote (sorry Bill). I know it's no longer pertinent or necessary but would at least like to voice my full hearted support of this motion

I like the show of support Sentinel. ;)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users