• Create Account
L onge C ity       Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Ask Obama about the Singularity?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

You know how we kicked butt at that Mastercard thing but then we got screwed over because IT'S MASTERCARD... well, what if we did a little lobbying? Is ImmInst set up to allow this sort of thing on its boards? Anyway, I don't know how many votes it takes to get a question to the top, but we should ask one.

It must be precise.

My question is as follows: President Obama, will you agree to speak at the 2009 Singularity Summit?

Anyway, we form a collective, pick a question, and market the hell out of it.

[This could be an undergraduate research project: grass-roots marketing for NPO's. ;-D Or maybe even something fancier!]

Edited by modelcadet, 04 January 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Get him to speak at the SENS 09 conference. The possability of the singularity is great and all but SENS is something we can support that we can see a possible path to success with now, and time is of the essence.

I was reading through that change.gov page before and I saw that people could hold a discussion, some of which would be attended by Tom Daschle. I think that is over now right? Ill have to check in to what other interesting things like that that change.gov is offering.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Get him to speak at the SENS 09 conference. The possability of the singularity is great and all but SENS is something we can support that we can see a possible path to success with now, and time is of the essence.

I was reading through that change.gov page before and I saw that people could hold a discussion, some of which would be attended by Tom Daschle. I think that is over now right? Ill have to check in to what other interesting things like that that change.gov is offering.

You know what, hell, we could get all the related movements to posit questions in their respective categories, and we can borrow contacts from multiple causes. Your move, brokenportal!

On a completely unrelated note, can we start a fund to provide life insurance to Barack Obama for cryonics? And nootropics, hehe...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users