Photo
- - - - -

Ending the 'appearance' of aging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

Okay, while some branches of science are busy tinkering away with cell division and nano-tech designed to rebuild and repair toxic cells resultant of the 'natural aging process' many are equally busy trying to stem the appearance of aging while awaiting these bioscientific breakthroughs. Let this be a list compiling what we know thus far about this and what we know might possibly offset the appearance of aging, coupled with healthy diet. Anyone feel free to add whatever I fail to Omit in my hurried state of mind.

1-As human beings 'age' they lose vasts amount of Collagen, otherwise known as 'baby fat' which causes the appearance of more bone structure, and, depending on your body fat levels and/or 'age' related to the former, a 'sunken cheek' look. Obviously this is not the only problem, since there are plenty of older people with full faces who still look older. There are products designed specifically to boost Collagen production as those mentioned in recent posts such as 'Tripeptide-5'.

2-Sun exposure. A cumulative lack of protection from UVA and UVB damage resulting in the onset of wrinkles and a sort of raisin-like skin texture, which some describe as the 'tough as leather' look. It has been scientifically proven that retinoids help expansively in the reparation and/or prevention of this cumulative sun damage, in addition to regular use of well formulated sunblock.

3-As the body ages connective tissue and cartilage breaks down which may result in the change of appearance of noses and eyes. Causing ones nose to appear 'bulbous' or ones eyes to appear 'sunken'. A purified concentration of hyaluranic acid has been said to repair and prevent damages to connective tissue and joints that may result in biological break down as human beings 'age'.

4-Bone health. As people 'get older' the bones decalcify and become brittle. This can lead to a change of appearance in ones overall physical disposition. Resistance exercises in addition to Vitamin D, vitamin K and moderate calcium supplementation will together maintain and increase bone density.

So in terms of supplementation and internal and epidermal care supposedly contributing to ending the 'appearance' of aging.

1-Tripeptide-5 Or some other extracellular matrix collagen booster.

2-Retinoids and/or Vitamin A supplementation together.

3-Hyaluronic acid.

4-Vitamin D, Vitamin K (for both internal and external use) and moderate calcium supplementation.

Note: I am still too young (early 20s) to know if any of this stuff in conjunction actually works, but maybe some of the older crowd can chime in and note some opinions/observations/data. Thanks.

I am sure I am leaving something out, please help me fill in the gaps.

Edited by TheFountain, 06 January 2009 - 09:53 AM.

#2 kai73

• 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

you forgot a sunscreen cream to be applied the whole day, way more important than the rest.

Tripeptide-5...well, there is no undependent study to proove it works.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

Here is something that you might find interesting.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users