Photo
- - - - -

Concentrate or Not?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Does it matter whether a juice is from a concentrate or not? PomWonderful is from concentrate, but I noticed today in Shoprite that Salutti 100% Pomegranate Juice was not from concentrate (and was cheaper than PomWonderful). Any thoughts on whether it is better to go with juice that isn't from concentrate?

#2 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

Have you seen the sugar in that thing?

http://www.pomwonder...t_100juice.html

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

Have you seen the sugar in that thing?

http://www.pomwonder...t_100juice.html

Salutti's has the same amount of sugar. As far as I can tell between the two, in terms of carbs and sugar, both concentrate and normal juice are equal (PomWonderful v Salutti's, that is).

#4 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

That's why I dont drink fruit juices.

#5 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

That's why I dont drink fruit juices.

Yeah, pomegranate juice is the only juice I'll drink.

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

Does it matter whether a juice is from a concentrate or not? PomWonderful is from concentrate, but I noticed today in Shoprite that Salutti 100% Pomegranate Juice was not from concentrate (and was cheaper than PomWonderful). Any thoughts on whether it is better to go with juice that isn't from concentrate?

Why not just buy pomegranates whole and put them in a blender and make your own juice? Pomegranate seeds are great with all kinds of different whole fruits and vegetables, sans the sugar and pasteurization.

#7 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

Why not just buy pomegranates whole and put them in a blender and make your own juice? Pomegranate seeds are great with all kinds of different whole fruits and vegetables, sans the sugar and pasteurization.

I've been thinking about it, though pomegranates tend to be one of the more expensive fruits. That said, I do buy mangos and they aren't too cheap, either. But are pomegranate skins edible? They don't look so edible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users