Photo
- - - - -

CLA:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

I saw some old posts/threads about CLA and folks seemed a bit worried about it; I am curious if people are still concerned. Is it something to be avoided? My understanding is that organic butter from grass-fed cows is high in CLA, which at least some of you guys are in favor of and which the Whole Health Source blog also recommends. So where are people on CLA? Does it cause insulin resistence, as previously mentioned? If so, supplementing with CLA is probably not a good idea, right? What about that grass-fed butter: still such a good choice? Or grass-fed bison/buffalo for that matter?

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

Sorry, didn't see this thread.

This is my current stand on the subject:

http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=291578

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

I took it for almost a year and saw no difference. My mother, on the other hand, lost a bunch of weight on it. She discontinued it, however, as things go...

#4 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think I'll stick with dietary sources of CLA and avoid supplementation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

I heard that they fixed the CLA ratio problem of good to bad now being at 80% instead of 50. I think the LEF brand version is fixed, don't know, I don't take CLA, and don't see any reason to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users