Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know the best Peptide solution?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

Anyone know a scientifically proven peptide solution, or one that seems, based on the literature, to work the best?

#2 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Anyone know a scientifically proven peptide solution, or one that seems, based on the literature, to work the best?

It depends on what you are looking for. For "erasing" wrinkles there is Matrixyl3000 from Sederma.
I don't have the liberty to enclose their research results but you can contact the supplier. (They also produce other type of Peptide blends).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

It depends on what you are looking for. For "erasing" wrinkles there is Matrixyl3000 from Sederma.
I don't have the liberty to enclose their research results but you can contact the supplier. (They also produce other type of Peptide blends).

I appreciate this, I am actually thinking preventative Collagen stimulation at this point. I am only 24 but my face is already kind of showing a bit of bone structure (in part due to low body fat) and I know that within 10-15 years I can start getting a sunken look which is not attractive as we age. I will look into this companies research. Do you know which Peptide solution is best for overall Collagen stimulation?

#4 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

I appreciate this, I am actually thinking preventative Collagen stimulation at this point. I am only 24 but my face is already kind of showing a bit of bone structure (in part due to low body fat) and I know that within 10-15 years I can start getting a sunken look which is not attractive as we age. I will look into this companies research. Do you know which Peptide solution is best for overall Collagen stimulation?

I still believe the best way to inhibit collagen degradation and enhance collagen formation does not lie in any peptides but in using a high UVA protective sunscreen every day and Retin-A (Tretinoin) at night.

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

I still believe the best way to inhibit collagen degradation and enhance collagen formation does not lie in any peptides but in using a high UVA protective sunscreen every day and Retin-A (Tretinoin) at night.

Does this qualify in the retinoid department? Because I have been using this every other day for the past month, in addition to a sunscreen.

http://www.dermstore...eam 60_1562.htm

#6 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Does this qualify in the retinoid department? Because I have been using this every other day for the past month, in addition to a sunscreen.

La Roche Posay BioMedic Retinol does not qualify as Retinoic Acid (Tretinoin). Retin-A (Aberela in Scandinavia), Retin-A Micro or Rrenova however do.

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

La Roche Posay BioMedic Retinol does not qualify as Retinoic Acid (Tretinoin). Retin-A (Aberela in Scandinavia), Retin-A Micro or Rrenova however do.

Can you recommend one that is widely available without a prescription? Albeit one that is easy to obtain in the United states. Just as a side note, I do experience some peeling with retinol 60. Of course probably no where near as much as I would with one of these other products. And my final question is, would it make my face plumper in time even with my body fat at 9%?

#8 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Do you mean recommending a Tretinoin product?
Tretinoin is classified as an RX (Prescription only) drug. So you'll definitely need a prescription from a doctor.
Tretinoin is available in different strength and formulations under the trade names: Renova, Retin-A and Retin-A Micro in the US.

Collagen production is influenced by several factors. Among others genetically. So there is no infinite limit of producing it I am afraid. But maintaining what we got is already a very good start! :)

Can you recommend one that is widely available without a prescription? Albeit one that is easy to obtain in the United states. Just as a side note, I do experience some peeling with retinol 60. Of course probably no where near as much as I would with one of these other products. And my final question is, would it make my face plumper in time even with my body fat at 9%?

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

Tretinoin is classified as an RX (Prescription only) drug. So you'll definitely need a prescription from a doctor.
Tretinoin is available in different strength and formulations under the trade names: Renova, Retin-A and Retin-A Micro in the US.

Collagen production is influenced by several factors. Among others genetically. So there is no infinite limit of producing it I am afraid. But maintaining what we got is already a very good start! :-D

By 'trade name' do you mean products that are sold without a prescription? It's alright I won't tell anyone you told me! Is this a good source?

http://www.inhouseph...re/retin-a.html

#10 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Collagen production is influenced by several factors. Among others genetically. So there is no infinite limit of producing it I am afraid. But maintaining what we got is already a very good start! :-D

By 'trade name' do you mean products that are sold without a prescription? It's alright I won't tell anyone you told me! Is this a good source?

Trade name means it is hte brand name under which a certain active is sold/marketed. Like Avobenzone has a trade name Parasol 1789 by DSM, while others call their Avobenzone Eusolex 9020 (Merck) still it is the same substance with the chemical name: Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane.

Retin-A, Renova, Retin-A micro (all contain the same active chemical Retinoic Acid/Tretinoin) are all sold only on prescription.

The link you have provided displays Retin-A 0.05 or 0.1%.
Indeed this is real Tretinoin however I am still very skeptical when it comes to ordering RX drugs (generally chemical substances) online.
Who guaranties the freshness of the product or that it is genuine?
When you buy it at the pharmacy you always get the highest and freshest possible product. Which is crucial for its activity and effect on your skin. Not to mention its safety :~

Edited by Eva Victoria, 21 January 2009 - 07:50 PM.

#11 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:43 AM

Trade name means it is hte brand name under which a certain active is sold/marketed. Like Avobenzone has a trade name Parasol 1789 by DSM, while others call their Avobenzone Eusolex 9020 (Merck) still it is the same substance with the chemical name: Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane.

Retin-A, Renova, Retin-A micro (all contain the same active chemical Retinoic Acid/Tretinoin) are all sold only on prescription.

The link you have provided displays Retin-A 0.05 or 0.1%.
Indeed this is real Tretinoin however I am still very skeptical when it comes to ordering RX drugs (generally chemical substances) online.
Who guaranties the freshness of the product or that it is genuine?
When you buy it at the pharmacy you always get the highest and freshest possible product. Which is crucial for its activity and effect on your skin. Not to mention its safety :~

Okay well I saw a few members on another thread citing this source as viable and trustworthy. I just don't see fighting with my general care physician over a prescription more viable than simply getting it from another source. So, I should go with a gel as opposed to a cream, as gels are absorbed more thoroughly, correct?

And thank you for your insightful responses.

#12 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

You are very welcome :)

BTW, gels absorb easier indeed hence there is more risk for irritation as well. There is definitely something to consider. Tretinoin is a very powerful ingredient even in very low concentration which results in a lot of side effects.

Here are some files about Tretinoin in drugs generally. It can be advisable to read the attached files beforehand.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users