• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Need small mixing cup for lecithin. Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fredas

• 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

Well, I've got me a big ol' container half filled with lecithin granules. And I've taken two stabs at mixing a spoonful of said granules into a quantity of water. I have been forced to conclude that it is a hopeless task. The main point of the exercise wasn't to make a drinkable form of lecithin so much as to create an emulsifying medium for an entirely different, non-water soluble supplement. But after 60 minutes of stirring lecithin into water, I never generated a mix which could remotely be deemed a success. Adding the powder merely underscored my failure. I may as well have taken lecithin, water and powder separately.

It is easy for me to envision some better success if I were to find an appropriate mixing container designed for the purpose. I'm familiar with cups which enclose, often with plastic or metal grates of some variety, which one can then shake to combine the ingredients. That seems like a good idea. However, the problem I have is that the quantity of liquid involved is quite small. No more than a few tablespoonfuls. And it happens that the powder I'm attempting to emulsify into the lecithin mix is too expensive to risk allowing much of it to accumulate wastefully on the sides of a large cup.

So what I seem to be looking for is the smallest possible mixing cup of the sort I seek. Or I may instead be looking for some other, better product which I have not envisioned. Or perhaps simply some dramatically more efficacious process for mixing lecithin granules with water (something which doesn't take ten minutes, never mind 60). I don't know. I have to imagine that I am hardly the first person who has encountered a need for a solution to this hopefully not unique problem.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

The only way I've had lecithin granules work is to use a blender.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

Bartending supplies, drink mixing equipment. Blenders make the granules foam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users