Photo
- - - - -

What happened to BN's shipping prices?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Spiral Architect

• 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

They used to be extremely reasonable. Lately, it seems that every few months when I make a large order, the shipping cost increases and increases... I now pay more than twice for shipping for the same weight/volume than I did a few years ago.

Did I miss anything or is my memory faulty?

Is there any other place similar to BN without extreme shipping costs? (I paid 71$ in shipping for close to 200$ worth of stuff)

#2 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

They used to be extremely reasonable. Lately, it seems that every few months when I make a large order, the shipping cost increases and increases... I now pay more than twice for shipping for the same weight/volume than I did a few years ago.

Did I miss anything or is my memory faulty?

Is there any other place similar to BN without extreme shipping costs? (I paid 71$ in shipping for close to 200$ worth of stuff)

Many companies have made shipping a profit item rather than a cost of the sale. So their excessive rise in shipping may just be a desire make more without appearing to have raised prices.

Also, more expensive fuel has lead to increased shipping costs.

That said, according to BN's web site, they charge 75 cents per pound, so if you are paying $71 in shipping, you are getting almost 100 pounds of stuff. I'm not sure $71 is an outrageous amount for 100 pounds, IMO.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Spiral Architect

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Many companies have made shipping a profit item rather than a cost of the sale. So their excessive rise in shipping may just be a desire make more without appearing to have raised prices.

Also, more expensive fuel has lead to increased shipping costs.

That said, according to BN's web site, they charge 75 cents per pound, so if you are paying $71 in shipping, you are getting almost 100 pounds of stuff. I'm not sure $71 is an outrageous amount for 100 pounds, IMO.

Forgot to mention that I'm ordering internationally. The total weight for the last shipment was less than 3 kilos.

Hasn't the price decreased after the crazy spike a while ago?

#4 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

The business changed ownership over a year ago and it's gone downhill ever since. Customer service is atrocious and pricing is now mediocre. They won't provide any answers regarding the source or testing of their raws/bulk powders so I avoid them liek I do BAC.

#5 Spiral Architect

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

The business changed ownership over a year ago and it's gone downhill ever since. Customer service is atrocious and pricing is now mediocre. They won't provide any answers regarding the source or testing of their raws/bulk powders so I avoid them liek I do BAC.

Right, I remember hearing about Mike leaving now... he was a great guy.

Well, is there any alternative?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Not_Supplied

• 93 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hi there.

I've noticed that in the UK, other retailers sell 1fast400 powders for reasonable prices, which I think is bulk nutritions brand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users