- - - - -

Resveratrol?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

If you are here for information regarding dosage then company information is really not necessary since most companies get their resveratrol from overseas, repackage it and sell it retail.

Yes, even the company you mention.

Did you click on the google links and find the information regarding dosage?

If you talk about studies, post them for comment. General words like "many studies say..." sends the wrong signal, folks here respond quickly when a study is cited. If you want to copy the study citation from the company website, then go for it, the citation has been copied from the original study and is not covered by copyright. So you can copy the citation from the site.

Remember the resveratrol companies are not headed by scientists. I head the company I represent, and am not a scientist. I happen to employ a scientist to help on product development. Even the company you mention is headed by a journalist with strong opinions, he is not a scientist. I believe his partner that no longer is with him, was not a scientist either. As such, he makes mistakes just like I make mistakes... except I never have heard him say he was wrong in public.

I believe I have said I was wrong here on this forum when people smarter than myself have posted some interesting items. Being involved here has changed the way we do business, for the better.

I hope this helps, as some of the things mentioned can help folks respond in a quicker fashion to your genuine questions.

Again most companies purchase wholesale and sell retail, so regardless of the company you buy resveratrol from, the studies need to be cited so that some of us can dig out a semi-intelligent opinion. Of course... some of our opinions are less intelligent than others, but will make you crack a smile nonetheless...

:p

Cheers
A

#32 Joey

• 32 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Maxwatt,

As for using Tween80 as a carrier, it was not chosen by Sirtris for their formulation - they preferred HPMC.

I might have missed this, but where does Sitris they state they use HPMC for their formulation? You have been of great help before, so this will help me greatly as it appears we missed it when we were considering the formulation.

thanks
A

This patent #20090012080 seems to be Sirtris patent for oral administration. This paper details the amounts used for an aqueous solution used to inject pure resveratrol (SRT501) intravitrealy in the eyes of mice. Such a solution, if sterile and made with 99.9% pure micronized resveratrol might be useful for injection in the veins of cancer patients. I say might. The protocol for Sirtris' human trials in Phases I and II also called for HPMC and DOSS. HPMC makes it soluble, DOSS stabilizes it, and would not be needed if mixed up on the spot. Why they use HPMC instead of Tween-80 I can only guess, but possibly due to potential toxicity issues in very large doses, not seen with HPMC.

I appreciate the requirement you were facing for peak plasma level; the fact is that no one knows if area under the curve or peak level is to be preferred, and it is possible this depends on the condition being treated. It seems you were custom formulating for a physician and are making it available publicly.

I have read some but certainly not all posts relating to resveratrol bioavailability. So, I would like to know if someone has already brought up the subject of chronotherapy as a way to possibly improve efficacy. From my recall of medical research news several years past it was demonstrated that some drugs (they were cancer drugs) were more efficient when administered at night & conversely in mice, administration was more beneficial at daytime (mice being nocturnal animals). At the time I did not find a scientific explanation of these observations. A University researcher commented that he assumed that the body immune system is less active during sleep & this would tend to reduce the degradation of drugs detected as "foreign" invaders.
Any comments?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:15 AM

As a person who has used many supplements over decades, I am of the opinion that the main precept is consistent use over a prolonged period is the very crux of the matter.A person will absorb adequate levels of a substance provided its continuos. Some Res may be better than others, so taking the top 2 companies products will assure you adequate levels, right now IMO its Tween 80 and longevinex, take these on an alternating eod basis and you can be assured. Just my opinion.

#34 joe57777

• Topic Starter
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

Well then, Just how good would "quality of life" be if life was extended for people only because of inside the body functions, but yet their exterior body was full of wrinkles and signs of old age? One example would be, if a man in his 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's had the sex drive and stamina of a man in his 20's, but how many "younger attractive" women would want to have sex with him if he looks like a man in his 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's? In other words, what can we do about the extended life of our exterior body to go along with our inner body?

Any thoughts on this?

Joe

Hey Joe, I understand u 100% and share your concerns! I'm 44 and I have a curse: I like younger women - women in their 20s... Fortunately, nature has blessed me with a youthful appearance, I look some 10 years younger and my skin is still wrinkle-free (I have some grey hairs but they can be easily taken care of by dyeing them). However I live in the terror that in a couple years my 'exterior' will decade so much that my only options will be women over 35 (that I personally don't consider sexually attractive - no offense, just matter of taste). So I'm also looking for remedies that can preserve my 'exterior' as long as possible, but it doesn't seem there is much - apart from the usual cosmetic stuff.

Hey Pro- Very rarely a woman over 35 is attractive to me. I look younger also, but age does catch up with you sooner or later. I still have a good amount of natural color in my hair, but I still color it along with my mustache. It helps pretty good. As for Resveratrol, I was hoping that from the claims of it replicating cells that are healthy instead of being somewhat damaged, that it would make it so our skin would not wrinkle anymore and we would therefore stay looking younger. Also, I was hoping that HGH (human growth hormone) would show some promise in the fact that injections were said to increase muscle mass, lower body fat, thicken skin. That all would certainly help. As far as creams for wrinkles, all that is along with other topical products is just a "bandaid". You need to work from the "inside out" with aging if possible. Another point about Resveratrol was that the mice study prolonged life "only" in mice that were obese and on high fat diets. The fact that Resveratrol did "not" prolong the life of heathy "lower weight" mice greatly concerns me. It really does not make any sense how it helped only certain mice with a certain diet and or body fat content. Will it too only help a certain type of human? Lastly, with all the different brands and dosages out there, it was suggested that humans perform individual tests of these different brands of Resveratrol using different dosages. However, I find that should be most likely unneccessary because are there not many people in these forums that have already done these tests? While I understand that everbody is different, I am sure some other human (for example) that is my age and size in fairly good physical heath has already done this testing for me. Or at least I would hope. Therefore, that other person's testing could serve to be at least a "good" starting point for me or for other individual humans of similar circumstances between each other as to what brand and dosage was best for an individual who best matches the same sex, age and size.

Edited by joe57777, 04 February 2009 - 02:48 AM.

#35 joe57777

• Topic Starter
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Anthony,

I will explain this one last time. I am not advertising for any company. The world is full of products of all kinds. There is also advertising for these products. As consumers we have 3 choices as I see it. 1). To decide which advertisement we believe is the best at convincing us to use their product. 2). We can take the advice of someone who has tried one or more of the products and has found at least one company that works well enough to recommend that product to someone else. 3). We can go through the "painful" and sometimes and or "time consuming task of testing all of these different brands of one product until we find one that works for us. I guess it is all about sales. However, that is well and good for many products, but it is not good for health related products. Because that forces us human beings to have to listen to all the possible garbage claims and bashing one company against the other company. Whether the FDA approves of a product or not shouldn’t matter. What they should do for us consumers for supplements is the same as they do for food. Which is, of course, they make companies list the ingredients and nutritional values on their products. So should the makers of Resveratrol supplements be forced to list the actual amount of Resveratrol and other ingredients for the consumer's information? But I guess that information either is not provided or is not professionally challegened? Which makes us consumers’ jobs much more difficult and time consuming. Therefore, that leaves us "poor" consumers in a bad spot. We either have to conduct the "time consuming" and or "expensive" testing ourselves, or we can believe what it comes down to as the best "sale pitch" again. My point here is simply that I am a consumer that is trying not to get ripped off by salespeople. It does not make sense for one company to bash another. When that happens a "BIG RED FLAG" goes up that tells me that somebody is trying to "get over" on somebody else. Maybe all Resveratrol supplements work? Or maybe all Resveratrol supplements do not work? Maybe there is a dosage issue? Maybe there is "purity" and or a "potency" issue? By bringing up articles and links that I have read and may believe are true to this forum, I am simply looking for other people to comment on whether they may agree with that article or whether they have documented proof that the claims in that particular article are false. Who knows, maybe the claim in a particular article is strong enough to give that product a test tries. In turn, that product just might offer me more of a benefit than a different product. My point is that I am simply trying to run it by other people that may have tried that brand and dosage and have found it better than another brand. As far as using the card whether you feel that I am credible or not, it doesn't make "any difference" whether I am credible or not. I am not the one who makes or distributes a Resveratrol product. Therefore, you are the ones that need to be "credible" to both your consumers and potential consumers. Again, all I have been trying to do from the beginning is to find people that can tell me ("first hand") if they had any degree of success as advertised any type(s) of Resveratrol product(s) on the market today as per roughly the same size and body weight as myself. Lastly, to be honest with you, I would like to believe that Longevinex by adding a certain amount of Quercetin help Resveratrol to not be negatively effected when it goes through the Liver. I would like to believe that there are other genes that could be activated which could only enhance the benefit of Resveratrol. However, that may or may not be true. But I don’t feel that you or anybody else can simply say it isn’t true because it is not your product, especially if you cannot back it up with scientific proof. Therefore, I will just believe "first hand" what other Guinea pigs as well as myself experience from taking a particular brand and dosage of Resveratrol.

Thanks for hearing me out.

#36 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:41 AM

Again, I do not believe you.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 05 February 2009 - 03:57 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 joe57777

• Topic Starter
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:12 AM

Ok, that is your choice Anthony. But I will make this post. Can anybody reading this post recommend a starting point for me to try Resveratrol. I would like it to be a person that does not own a Resveratrol company please. My questions are: What brand, dosage, and how many times a day have you found any benefits (please list them) for taking Resveratrol? I am a 51 year old male about 5' 6" abot 165 lbs in fairly good physical shape. I could stand to lose about 10 lbs. Blood pressure good, sugar is normal but on the high end. LDL and HDL are ok.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users