Photo
- - - - -

Optimum resveratrol dose? advice needed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Proconsul

• 108 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

I have been taking Longevinex for a little over six months. The reason why I chose this product is that there are discordant opinions on resveratrol dosage, and several recent studies seem to point that high doses may be harmful. One pill Longevinex contains 100 mg resveratrol, 150 mg quercetin, rice bran, vitamin D3 and ferulic acid. The product is sold in micronized capsules, which should ensure a good preservation of the active components. The company claims that the product activates many more 'longevity' genes than high dose resveratrol or caloric reduction alone. DUMMY LINK/

I have been taking a pill a day until now. Apparently I feel more energy and much less sleepy (I have been taking SSRIs against my depression for years, and drowsiness was a major side effect). I can't see any apparent effect on the amount of grey hairs, but that's difficult to say since I don't have many yet. I'm thinking about modifying the dosage in order to improve the effect, but I'm not sure how to proceed. One idea is to use a alternate dosage, 2 pills every other day instead than a pill every day. Another alternative is simply to double the dosage to 2 pills every day. Apparently, however, the company recommends one pill a day, even if on the package of the Swedish-sold 'edition' of the product the recommended dose is 1-2 pills a day. Two pills contain 200 mg resveratrol, 300 mg quercetin and a dose vitamin D3 many times the dose recommended by EU. According to one study a dose corresponding to 365 mg resveratrol a day in humans on mice appeared to slow aging but caused a form of cancer, with the result that lifespan of those mice was actually SHORTER than the control.

I would appreciate comments, ideas & advice! Thanks!

(FYI, this is an erroneous misinterpretation of the paper; resveratrol did not cause cancer, it did not prevent it, nor didit shorten life expectance, both controls and resveratrol fed mice died of lymphoma, which resveratrol does not protect against. The strain of mouse used was contaminated with a lymphoma-causing retrovirus.)

Edited by maxwatt, 13 July 2009 - 01:31 AM.

#2 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Please Read:
http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=15491

Specially the part about dummy accounts

If you are serious about finding dosage date, search the forum using the search bar at the top or google:
http://www.google.co...amp;btnG=Search

or

http://www.google.co...amp;btnG=Search

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 28 January 2009 - 09:45 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

It is curious beyond coincidence that every few days a new poster seems to want to discuss longituvdex. If it s an orchestrated spam-fest, it is well organized in that the posters are quite varied in location and membership start date. Could it be customers are being asked to do this by Lungitinex?

Regarding Longinevexxex, it s a well made product, but promoted with such a disregard of science and twisting of facts if not outright lies that it has offended many people here, including myself. One can google search these forums to find prior discussions where this has been documented, quite recently too.

Some of the more scientifically minded posters have recommended against taking quercetin, as its major metabolite inhibits Sirt1 and organisms fed quercetin do not show life extension as those given resveratrol do. Proconsul has given told us Longevx contain 200 mg of quercetin and 100 mg of resveratrol, something not stated on the US label. I guess Swedish law requires more disclosure than US law as to proprietary formulations. At that ratio, one might as well be taking quercetin with a little added resveratrol. Quer. does show anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial, but the inhibitory effect of its metabolite on Sirt1 is something I would want to avoid. I consider this dose excessive, but in the absence of any human studies, it's anybody's guess if so much quercetin is life extending, or inhibits what we hope is resveratrol's life extending effect. I would still avoid a dose this high, and I would not take it chronically. One gets plenty of quercetin if one eats citrus such as oranges and tangerines, or onions, epecially red onions, just to name some dietary sources.

All told, if you want to take quercetin with your resveratrol it is cheaper to buy them separately.

Vitamin D is also in Lungeneverex , 1200 mg per cap on the US label. This is more than the traditionally recommended amount, but recent research suggests people need much more, particularly in northern climates, where there is simply not enough nor strong enough sunlight in the winter for people to get optimum amounts from the sun, even if they spend the day outdoors. But the amount in Linginsuranex is far lower than what the Canadian government recommends for its citizens. Again, it is less expensive to purchase high-dose D3 separately, and one can adjust the dose to 2000 or 4000 or more mg, as some scientists and the Canadian government recommend. It is helpful to have blood tests to determine ones D3 status.

Another ingredient in Longvxin. is IP6. It chelates Iron. Not good for pregnant or menstruating women, or for anyone who might be anemic. This includes many competitive and even serious amateur athletes, even "weakend warriors". One should check ones iron levels with blood tests before supplementing IP6. It may be unnecessary or even harmful. For inactive middle aged men of northern European ancestry, who tend to suffer from a genetic makeup that stores excessive iron, IP6 could be helpful. For the average person, not so much.

Looking at the marketing for this product, it apparently has all the classic signs of pseudo-scientific quackery that party-poopers like quackwatch warn about. While I have an open mind about supplements, it is not so open that my brains fall out.

Edited by maxwatt, 29 January 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#4 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

It is curious beyond coincidence that every few days a new poster seems to want to discuss longituvdex. If it s an orchestrated spam-fest, it is well organized in that the posters are quite varied in location and membership start date. Could it be customers are being asked to do this by Lungitinex?

Regarding Longinevexxex, it s a well made product, but promoted with such a disregard of science and twisting of facts if not outright lies that it has offended many people here, including myself. One can google search these forums to find prior discussions where this has been documented, quite recently too.

Some of the more scientifically minded posters have recommended against taking quercetin, as its major metabolite inhibits Sirt1 and organisms fed quercetin do not show life extension as those given resveratrol do. Proconsul has given told us Longevx contain 200 mg of quercetin and 100 mg of resveratrol, something not stated on the US label. I guess Swedish law requires more disclosure than US law as to proprietary formulations. At that ratio, one might as well be taking quercetin with a little added resveratrol. Quer. does show anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial, but the inhibitory effect of its metabolite on Sirt1 is something I would want to avoid. I consider this dose excessive, but in the absence of any human studies, it's anybody's guess if so much quercetin is life extending, or inhibits what we hope is resveratrol's life extending effect. I would still avoid a dose this high.

All told, if you want to take quercetin with your resveratrol it is cheaper to buy them separately.

Vitamin D is also in Lungeneverex , 1200 mg per cap on the US label. This is more than the traditionally recommended amount, but recent research suggests people need much more particularly in northern climates where there is simply not enough nor strong enough sunlight in the winter for people to get optimum amounts from the sun, even if they spend the day outdoors. But the amount is far lower than what the Canadian government recommends for its citizens. Again, it is less expensive to purchase high-dose D3 separately, and one can adjust the dose to 2000 or 4000 or more mg, as some scientists and the Canadian government recommend. It is helpful to have blood tests to determine ones D3 stats.

Another ingredient in Longvxin. is IP6. It chelates Iron. Not good for pregnant or menstruating women, or for anyone who might be anemic. This includes many competitive and even serious amateur athletes. One should check ones iron levels with blood tests before supplementing IP6. It may be unnecessary or even harmful. For middle aged men of northern European ancestry, who tend to suffer from a genetic makeup that stores excessive iron, IP6 could be helpful.

Looking at the marketing for this product, it has all the classic signs of pseudo-scientific quackery that party-poopers like quackwatch warn about.

Thank you. Actually the amount of quercetin in one pill of that product is 150 mg, not 200. Anyway, I also supected the claim about 'activating longevity genes' because how we know that they are 'longevity genes' in the first place? However, after reading those papers about high dose resveratrol, I thought a low dose would be safe. Then of course, I could buy resveratrol from some pther company, and use a low dose. So what I would like to discuss here is resevratrol dosage in the first place.

#5 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

Some of the more scientifically minded posters have recommended against taking quercetin, as its major metabolite inhibits Sirt1 and organisms fed quercetin do not show life extension as those given resveratrol do. Proconsul has given told us Longevx contain 200 mg of quercetin and 100 mg of resveratrol, something not stated on the US label. I guess Swedish law requires more disclosure than US law as to proprietary formulations. At that ratio, one might as well be taking quercetin with a little added resveratrol. Quer. does show anti-inflammatory properties that may be beneficial, but the inhibitory effect of its metabolite on Sirt1 is something I would want to avoid. I consider this dose excessive, but in the absence of any human studies, it's anybody's guess if so much quercetin is life extending, or inhibits what we hope is resveratrol's life extending effect. I would still avoid a dose this high.

Vitamin D is also in Lungeneverex , 1200 mg per cap on the US label. This is more than the traditionally recommended amount, but recent research suggests people need much more particularly in northern climates where there is simply not enough nor strong enough sunlight in the winter for people to get optimum amounts from the sun, even if they spend the day outdoors. But the amount is far lower than what the Canadian government recommends for its citizens. Again, it is less expensive to purchase high-dose D3 separately, and one can adjust the dose to 2000 or 4000 or more mg, as some scientists and the Canadian government recommend. It is helpful to have blood tests to determine ones D3 stats.

Another ingredient in Longvxin. is IP6. It chelates Iron. Not good for pregnant or menstruating women, or for anyone who might be anemic. This includes many competitive and even serious amateur athletes. One should check ones iron levels with blood tests before supplementing IP6. It may be unnecessary or even harmful. For middle aged men of northern European ancestry, who tend to suffer from a genetic makeup that stores excessive iron, IP6 could be helpful.

Looking at the marketing for this product, it has all the classic signs of pseudo-scientific quackery that party-poopers like quackwatch warn about.

Thank you. Actually the amount of quercetin in one pill of that product is 150 mg, not 200. Anyway, I also supected the claim about 'activating longevity genes' because how we know that they are 'longevity genes' in the first place? However, after reading those papers about high dose resveratrol, I thought a low dose would be safe. Then of course, I could buy resveratrol from some pther company, and use a low dose. So what I would like to discuss here is resevratrol dosage in the first place.

That is a worthy topic. The only controlled human studies so far were conducted by Sirtris. They used dosed of 2.5 and 5 grams a day, formulated with HPMC and DOSS for greater bioavailability They studied diabetics in phase II, not healthy individuals, and also gave them metformin. Blood sugar profiles improved, more than with metformin alone, and no adverse effects ere noted over the course of the studies which lasted I think six months. They did not report on lipid profile changes if they even tested for them. Their phase one studies were more short term, but included healthy subjects. Again no adverse effects at these doses were noted. I believe their sample includes more individuals than read this forum. The only complaints of adverse effects I've seen have been a few people posting here, and these effects have occured with only a couple of hundred mg of a 50% resveratrol product, to one or two people taking gram amounts of 98 or 99% resv. These have tended to be complaints of muscle aches or tendinitis. One woman attributed dermatitis or eczema to high dose resveratrol, aggravated by contact with tomatos, which cleared up when taking niacinamide. Many more here take multigram amounts without adverse effects. It is curious no such adverse effects appeared in Sirtris' studies with much larger groups. I saw no papers or studies on Laxxitudinex's site on negative effects of high dose resveratrol, only undocumented assertions or perhaps deliberate misinterpretations of data that showed quite the opposite. See someof gdddarkstorms posts ont hesubject.

I have found high doses appear to alleviate my arthritis, lower doses do not help so much, and that the amount required for a given level of relief has decreased with time, from 3 to about 1.5 grams. On the other hand, I take occasional breaks of a day or two; both quercetin and resveratrol inhibit angiogenesis, which would slow healing of tendon or muscle injuries. An occasional break, IMO, improves healing, makes it faster. I think the sirtuin genes remain activated for a time without constant stimulation. In rodents, mitochondrial neogenesis responsible for many of the benefits has appeared to be dose dependent, so the more the better, at least if you are a mouse. To complicate things further, humans differ in genetic phenotype., regarding the enzymes that break down resveratrol. Some, especially East Asian, have inefficient enzymes and show much higher blood levels for a given dose than westerners do. This shows up als in dosage for certain medicines, with East Asians requiring as little as 1/10th the amount of some medications as Europeans. I expect there is no ideal dose of resveratrol, and that the most beneficial amount will vary with time, with ones goals, and with one's genetic makeup.

When I started taking resveratrol, I started at 250 mg, then thought to be relatively high. I increased piecemeal, until I no longer saw an improvement in my sense of well-being, or in my arthritis (stiff and painful big toe, mostly.) I would occasionally reduce the dose to see if less might be more. I went as high as 5 grams briefly, 3 grams for a time, and currently take 1.6 grams. I know of a 94 year old taking 3 grams two or three times a day, and others with a dose in the range I have used. I think that lower amounts have resulted in no reports beyond what can be attributed to anectdotal placebo effect. The higher doses correlate with reports of increased stamina, energy and in some cases reduction in inflammation such as arthritis, which are less prone to bias, even by self-measure, than other effects.

Toxicity studies in mice did not begin to show adverse effects in doses less than what would be the human equivalent of about a half a pound a day.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by maxwatt, 29 January 2009 - 02:20 AM.

#6 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

I know of a 94 year old taking 3 grams two or three times a day, and others with a dose in the range I have used. I think that lower amounts have resulted in no reports beyond what can be attributed to anectdotal placebo effect.

I am another Longevinex user, and it shouldn't be surprising that there are a few of us out here interested in dosage level. Since Sinclair himself was taking 320mg/day of Longevinex for quite a while, doesn't that suggest that dose may be effective? I have noticed stamina increases when over 300mg/day. What is your evidence for suggesting these lower amounts are due to a placebo effect? That may be true, but again, evidence?

I'm not loyal to a brand but I also need incentive to switch.

#7 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

I know of a 94 year old taking 3 grams two or three times a day, and others with a dose in the range I have used. I think that lower amounts have resulted in no reports beyond what can be attributed to anectdotal placebo effect.

I am another Longevinex user, and it shouldn't be surprising that there are a few of us out here interested in dosage level. Since Sinclair himself was taking 320mg/day of Longevinex for quite a while, doesn't that suggest that dose may be effective? I have noticed stamina increases when over 300mg/day. What is your evidence for suggesting these lower amounts are due to a placebo effect? That may be true, but again, evidence?

I'm not loyal to a brand but I also need incentive to switch.

The standard scientific paradigm is that something is due to the placebo effect unless it can be demonstrated otherwise, so the assumption would be that this is a placebo effect in the absence of proof to the contrary. This is why we design double-blind tests to prove that a placebo effect is not involved. Any treatment will result in abut a third of subjects reporting improvement, sometimes dramatic. The ones administering the test must be blinded too, for their expectations will affect the outcome.

Tests with mice have shown a dose dependent relationship between dose and endurance mediated by increased mitochondrial density and size. Extrapolation of the dosage used to humans indicates that over 400 mg/day could be necessary to start to show these effects. Some here have used machines that measure endurance, either ergonometers or timed treadmill tests designed to give an accurate relative measure of VO2 max, and several cyclists have been able to judge their performance in relation to their peers (actually the peers were doing the judging when they got dropped on hills.) Dramatic improvements were reported by those dosing with one gram or more. I would like to see some physiology student run double blind tests.

The fact is if you are taking longevingexx your are taking Quercetin, Resveratrol, 1200 mg of Vitamin D and rice bran extract and Ferulic acid and IP6.* Neither quercetin nor IP6 should be taken blindly and willy-nilly (see previous posts in this thread). Cost is another factor. Longbrandx is a relatively expensive source of these substances. If the ratio and mix of ingredients in this brand are supplements you find beneficial, and if you find it convenient to take them in one pill, and you don't mind paying three to six times more than other sources of these ingredients, don't switch.
If you do want to take a larger dose of resveratrol, you would have to consider that you are also increasing the dose of the other ingredients.

*Note the current mix of ingredients in L----x is the third formulation of the product in a little over a year so read the label.

#8 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

The standard scientific paradigm is that something is due to the placebo effect unless it can be demonstrated otherwise, so the assumption would be that this is a placebo effect in the absence of proof to the contrary. This is why we design double-blind tests to prove that a placebo effect is not involved. Any treatment will result in abut a third of subjects reporting improvement, sometimes dramatic. The ones administering the test must be blinded too, for their expectations will affect the outcome.

OK, then you'd also say that your seemingly diminished arthritis may be due to the placebo effect as well. There is an article/blog where the author states that after about six months of resveratrol, he forgot to take his anti-arthritis pills and noticed he could play basketball again as if younger. He said something like "I'm a scientist, and you can't tell me this is a placebo effect." I'm a scientist too, and I thought "I believe that is what he thinks he felt, but a placebo effect is still possible."

and several cyclists have been able to judge their performance in relation to their peers (actually the peers were doing the judging when they got dropped on hills.) Dramatic improvements were reported by those dosing with one gram or more. I would like to see some physiology student run double blind tests.

So would I. I biked most days when starting resveratrol, and I didn't expect any endurance gain because I had never heard of that if people were in shape. I wasn't a great athlete, but an avid 37 year old rider and runner who takes a major hill on one 2 hour course.
On about the seventh day, it occurred to me that the large hill that takes 25 minutes to climb with a pretty tough 15 minute middle was easier. I always stopped half way as a good place to drink water. The next day I tried it again and the effect seemed clear, including on short but sort of annoying hills later in the course. I was taking about 300-400/ day, not trying to be scientific about it because I wasnt expecting anything at all. I just took it since it seemed like it might improve organ health and possibly lower cancer risk. The gain didn't allow me to tear up that long hill, but sure has seemed to give me something extra.

I realize Longevnix has changed, and I don't know what to make of lower v higher dose claims. For now, I stay around 200mg. It would be nice if Sinclair would just say if he thought any brand that actually has the levels they claim is as good as any other. My guess is that he can't say that since it would open him up to issues including inadvertntly lumping in a possible low quality maker. You wrote that it is a quality product, but I'm agnostic enough that I can't quite go that far. I tell friends Sinclair reportedly took Lonevinex and that I do but that I think it is likely there are others brands out there that are similar, and I mention the extras you wrote as well.

#9 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

I realize Longevnix has changed, and I don't know what to make of lower v higher dose claims. For now, I stay around 200mg.

Hey Holmes! I undertsand you are taking two pills Longavinaxx a day? That should mean 200 mg resveratrol and 300 mg quercetin a day. Have you ever thought using alternate days, for instance 3 or 4 pills every other day? I'm thinking about this cuz I read on the positive effects of alternate day diets. Perhaps there is an inherent benefit in an alternate day regimen? Also, Maxwatt mentioned an important point, i.e. quercetin may inhibit resveratrol's positive effects. Have you thought about that? Max, could u please post some link of scientific articles that show quercetin has the effect you mentioned? I looked for them on PubMed but I wasn't able to find anything relevant.

#10 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

OK, then you'd also say that your seemingly diminished arthritis may be due to the placebo effect as well. There is an article/blog whererese the author states that after about six months of resveratrol, he forgot to take his anti-arthritis pills and noticed he could play basketball again as if younger. He said something like "I'm a scientist, and you can't tell me this is a placebo effect." I'm a scientist too, and I thought "I believe that is what he thinks he felt, but a placebo effect is still possible."

Maybe, but when I stop res. the joints deteriorate in about three days. Also noted that certain substances, such as luteolin or queretin, taken with resveratrol, seem to block this effect. I doubt it is simple Cox2 inhibition, which res, quer., and luteolin have to some degree because it is not simply diminution of pain and less inflammation, but much greater decrease in inflammation than I've achieved with any NSAID, even the more powerful ones. I've corresponded with a plastic surgeon who tells me he has regained use of his arthritic right thumb, enough so that he can perform surgery again. He attributes it to resveratrol's nf-Kappa-B inhibition. But without a double blind study, this remains anecdotal. It is consistent though with what is known about the effect of resveratrol in cell culture studies.

and several cyclists have been able to judge their performance in relation to their peers (actually the peers were doing the judging when they got dropped on hills.) Dramatic improvements were reported by those dosing with one gram or more. I would like to see some physiology student run double blind tests.

So would I. I biked most days when starting resveratrol, and I didn't expect any endurance gain because I had never heard of that if people were in shape. I wasn't a great athlete, but an avid 37 year old rider and runner who takes a major hill on one 2 hour course.
On about the seventh day, it occurred to me that the large hill that takes 25 minutes to climb with a pretty tough 15 minute middle was easier. I always stopped half way as a good place to drink water. The next day I tried it again and the effect seemed clear, including on short but sort of annoying hills later in the course. I was taking about 300-400/ day, not trying to be scientific about it because I wasnt expecting anything at all. I just took it since it seemed like it might improve organ health and possibly lower cancer risk. The gain didn't allow me to tear up that long hill, but sure has seemed to give me something extra.

I realize Longevnix has changed, and I don't know what to make of lower v higher dose claims. For now, I stay around 200mg. It would be nice if Sinclair would just say if he thought any brand that actually has the levels they claim is as good as any other. My guess is that he can't say that since it would open him up to issues including inadvertntly lumping in a possible low quality maker. You wrote that it is a quality product, but I'm agnostic enough that I can't quite go that far. I tell friends Sinclair reportedly took Lonevinex and that I do but that I think it is likely there are others brands out there that are similar, and I mention the extras you wrote as well.

Sounds like your endurance is more than a placebo, though how can you separate the training effect ? Based on the mouse studies, a higher dose will produce a stronger endurance effect.

I doubt that Sinclair took any particular brand for very long. Longsuemex was the first resveratrol supplement that was available. Word is his lab soon had a good supply of the pure synthesized stuff from Orchid and were using that, justified as part of Sirtris' phase I studies. We do know he asked they stop making the claim in their advertising.

#11 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

Maybe, but when I stop res. the joints deteriorate in about three days. Also noted that certain substances, such as luteolin or queretin, taken with resveratrol, seem to block this effect. I doubt it is simple Cox2 inhibition, which res, quer., and luteolin have to some degree because it is not simply diminution of pain and less inflammation, but much greater decrease in inflammation than I've achieved with any NSAID, even the more powerful ones. I've corresponded with a plastic surgeon who tells me he has regained use of his arthritic right thumb, enough so that he can perform surgery again. He attributes it to resveratrol's nf-Kappa-B inhibition. But without a double blind study, this remains anecdotal. It is consistent though with what is known about the effect of resveratrol in cell culture studies.

It may be anecdotal, but if I knew I never broke a 45 minute 10K race, took resveratrol, then saw it drop to 44 minutes, it makes sense to me that resveratrol or something in that capsule contributed. That is what you seem to say as well.

Sounds like your endurance is more than a placebo, though how can you separate the training effect ? Based on the mouse studies, a higher dose will produce a stronger endurance effect.

When friends first showed me that tough 25 minute hill, followed by 90 minutes of mostly flat and downhill (with some 2 minute climbs as well), I could barely make it up, despite having run more prior to that day. Over the next 6 months, I rode that hill and other courses and was surprised that the next spring, that major hill was still tough, but much easier than the past fall.

Yet I didnt notice any further gains. I didn't feel like putting in the effort to lift weights at all (still dont) but just enjoyed being in very good shape for 37 -- not competitive shape. Then I took Longevinex and went to 500 quickly because I was curious about the 500 Club, yet then cut to 300 to 400 for a while.

I didn't notice any change for several days, but I never expected to. I took it only for the possible pro heart and anti cancer properties and Then around day seven I biked the hard course trying to relax after hearing a friend had bad news. When I returned, I recalled how that ride seemed different and attributed it to feeling distracted about my friend. That night, I walked with another friend back to his place up a very steep hill (just 3 minutes), and I started laughing. That dumb hill always made me tired on the second part, yet that day I went straight up. It felt different. The next day, I tried that bike hill and didnt need to stop as I always had except the previous day. It isnt just that hard hill, but I noticed a change on small, yet annoying hills. Ive tried to estimate what boost I get, and it is tough. I saw the mouse video weeks later, and I told a friend it wasn't that good. The differential felt similar to the gains I got by just getting in shape over several weeks.

So I don't think the gain was a placebo effect.

By the way, I did have a strange reaction around the same time I noticed the gains. My friend, who I suggested also try it, laughed and said he felt the same thing "like jumping out of your skin" at the 6th or 7th day as well. (He never mentioned that when I started a month after he did. "Sorry, man, just forgot") That then went away. He weighs less but only took 100mg of resveratrol/day. I was up to 500mg, so based on what I read, some side effects can happen.

I've been very tempted to try other brands, and likely will since I tell friends which four brands I think are similar. The problem is that I don't quite know yet.

I also think you are right that more is better, up to a point. Why did Sinclair take 320mg at his wegiht and not 100mg or 500g or 2000mg? He knows a little about reveratrol, but that doesnt necessarily mean he was trying to maximize.

#12 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Holmes, I would be grateful if you could help me by answering to the following questions: do you take two pills Longvuxx together or in two different times each day? Before or after meals? Have you thought about modifying doses and regimes (like alternate days etc). Thank you.

I also want to mention that, after reading the reports of joint pain I've decided to interrupt for two weeks. I have been suffering from elbow pain for months, especially on the left one. I thought that it depended because I had strained it, but it doesn't go away, and I'm starting to feel discomfort in the right one too. I don't know if there is any association with resveratrol (and the 100 mg a day I'm taking is considered a low dose), but I want to see what happens.

Edited by Proconsul, 31 January 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#13 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:44 AM

I think that stopping the Res. would be your best bet for now, then see if there is a correlation. Once the joint pain subsides start Res. again and see if it exacerbates. Joint pain, particularly elbow tendinitis, is one of the "sides" associated with Res. It could be that the Res. triggers an "immune response" that in turn triggers joint inflammation. Perhaps cycling your Res. use would be a solution and keeping the dose low, purity high can be helpful. I think that alternating the 2 best products also may be helpful.

Edited by 2tender, 01 February 2009 - 12:58 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:01 AM

Holmes, I would be grateful if you could help me by answering to the following questions: do you take two pills Longvuxx together or in two different times each day? Before or after meals? Have you thought about modifying doses and regimes (like alternate days etc). Thank you.

I'm in the dark as well, but I according to an article "Youth Pills, Hawked Online, Win over Scientists" when Sinclair was taking it, they came in 40mg capsules, and so he (at his lower weight than mine) was taking 160mg in the morning with breakfast and 160mg with dinner. I usually just take 100mg or 200mg in the morning with breakfast. At times, I will add 100mg around 8pm. I havent had stomach issues, so dont worry much about the food part. I avoid vitamin C when I take it, and dont take vitamin C supplements. I was at 400 to 500mg a day early on, and I did notice more of the stamina on my bike then compared with now, but while I find it very hard to believe that was a placebo effect, I think I felt a larger effect when at 400 to 500mg. I also am looking at the other brand people mention here. I think they are as good but just not sure. Ill likely try another in a couple months. For now, Im staying under 500mg/day.

Maxwatt mentioned an important point, i.e. quercetin may inhibit resveratrol's positive effects. Have you thought about that?

I have, but on that same earlier thread, others thought the second form of Longevnix didn't have enough quercetin. I have no idea who is correct.

Edited by Holmes, 01 February 2009 - 02:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users