- - - - -

Institute for Human Continuity

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

Institute for Human Continuity is a fictional organization where visitors could register for a lottery number to be part of a small population that would be rescued from global destruction in the year 2012 (see film 2012). It is a marketing tool set up by the film's studio.

But it could provide some nice ideas for the Lifeboat Foundation. http://www.institute...uity.org/#/home

#2 cyborgdreamer

• 735 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:05 AM

Choose a few people at random and let the rest die? That's just horrifying. Remind me not to watch that movie.

#3 Cyberbrain

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Choose a few people at random and let the rest die? That's just horrifying. Remind me not to watch that movie.

I agree that part is terrible, but the idea of having monitoring stations around the world, seed vaults, underground cities, etc, is interesting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 Annan

• Guest, F@H
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:33 AM

Better to choose the smartest, or rather, the most useful people to save and leave the rest to die?

If that's what you mean then I would have to agree (even though I'm not in that group).

But how would you decide which people are the most useful?

#5 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

Just don't pick the 'B' Ark.

#6 Cyberbrain

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

#7 cyborgdreamer

• 735 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:02 AM

Better to choose the smartest, or rather, the most useful people to save and leave the rest to die?

If that's what you mean then I would have to agree (even though I'm not in that group).

No, I meant that abandoning most of the world's people is almost as bad as letting the entire human race go extinct. It shouldn't be about saving our species; the goal should be to give each individual the best possible chance for survival.

#8 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:50 AM

It's movies like this that made 9/11 seem so fake at first.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 Cyberbrain

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

No, I meant that abandoning most of the world's people is almost as bad as letting the entire human race go extinct. It shouldn't be about saving our species; the goal should be to give each individual the best possible chance for survival.

Well on the website, this institute gives each family survival kits and builds for free upon request per family an underground bomb like shelter in their backyard. It also has set up temporary underground shelters and cities along with hundreds of refugee camps. Only a few, 3 million I think will be chosen at random to go into a supermax shelter of some sort. Other than that I couldn't think of any other way to save humanity if so many cataclysmic events happened. :)

Either way you have to admit that the graphic this movie has will be EPIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users