- - - - -

Need help and ideas with a tlm fah team ps3 game coupon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

We need help and feedback with a coupon idea for the tlm fah team.

The basic idea is that we go down to local used video game stores and ask the manager if we can offer coupons to people that rent ps3 games.

Im going to try out a $2.00 off coupon but will up the reward if needed. What do you all think of that? Would you go for a $2.00 off coupon or would it have to be more?

Ill then give the manager say, 25 coupons, and then $50.00 to cover the coupons. Ill ask the manager if I can tape the coupons directly on to 25 ps3 games.

The person will then have to join our team to get the coupon. This is where Im a little hung up. Im not sure about the best way to do it. What Im going to try is to direct them to print out their registration page from the imminst forums, with a shout out to the name of that used video game store in order to claim the prize. Ill also explain that to the store manager or owner. People may think thats too complicated, but Im not sure. I think its worth a try. If it doesnt work the first time around then Ill increase the coupon reward and try again.

Theres an attachment here of a sample I put together. It needs some tweaking. Let me know what you think.

Attached File  fah_tlm_coupon_version_2.doc   58KB   167 downloads

Edited by brokenportal, 18 February 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#2 chungenhung

• Guest, F@H
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

Well, i personally think $2 off is too little to attract people to go thru all those hoops.
However, if you increase the coupon value, you need to rethink and see if its really worth it.
In the mean time, we can probably get more money and dump into more F@H hardwares.

#3 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

...a coupon idea for the tlm fah team. ...Let me know what you think.

Good thinking, brokenportal.

Seems that some could register and collect without actually folding.

There are registered members for the F@H prize that have never folded.

On the other hand, it is worth something to get new people into the ImmInst and to expose then to the 'Folding' concept.

Well, i personally think $2 off is too little to attract people to go thru all those hoops.

Personally, I tend to agree with you on this, Chung.

Although, it often surprises me as to how many hoops that grocery shoppers (for example) will go through to use a small value coupon or to receive a small rebate. The question is: Will 'game players' and grocery shoppers behave in a similar manner when coupon shopping?

However, if you increase the coupon value, you need to rethink and see if its really worth it.

It could be tried, evaluated for effectiveness, and then modified accordingly.

In the mean time, we can probably get more money and dump into more F@H hardwares.

Yes. Obviously the top contributors are main force in driving the team forward.

As you are well aware, there are practical limits for most top folders, some of these being:

- Cost
- Heat dissipation
- Electricity usage
- Maintenance time

You, Chung, have addressed some of these with your "Adopt a Rig Project".

A broad base of contributors is important for the team. The single-computer contributors demonstrate support and may provide a source of encouragement for the top folders. Every army needs soldiers, and some of the soldiers will advance become commmanders.

For the above reasons it is good to continue to try to attract single-computer (or PS3) folders.

#4 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:35 PM

brokenportal, I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes but I'm questioning whether the return on investment (particularly your time) is going to pan out as you hope. If you're only targeting one or a handful of stores the success and subsequent impact might not be all that dramatic. Something corporate level (all chains) might be more suitable.

I'm also guessing that few commercial enterprises are going to hitch their marketing wagon to the "Immortality" brand. The term itself immediately triggers "kook" fight-or-flight instincts within the uninitiated segments of the population and few profit motivated organizations are going to risk any association with kookiness.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

brokenportal, I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes but I'm questioning whether the return on investment (particularly your time) is going to pan out as you hope. If you're only targeting one or a handful of stores the success and subsequent impact might not be all that dramatic. Something corporate level (all chains) might be more suitable.

At any given time there are around 90 active folders for the team. If I can take $50.00 down to a game exchange and get 25 people to sign up then thats an addition of more than 1/4th of our current contributors for $50.00. If this worked we could then increase our team participation pretty much at will. I mean, thats what Im seeing, I could be wrong, maybe theres some factor Im not considering here.

I'm also guessing that few commercial enterprises are going to hitch their marketing wagon to the "Immortality" brand. The term itself immediately triggers "kook" fight-or-flight instincts within the uninitiated segments of the population and few profit motivated organizations are going to risk any association with kookiness.

Ya, Im fully aware. Thats why we tried to change the name of the Institute, but it didnt pass. We've been called upon to embrace the name and where we can or should, Im fully ready to at least give it a good thorough try for the next year or so. But also, there are many other terms we can use to meme with.

Theres the MF, CEL, CAR, and the Longevity Meme to name a few. Then theres the Longevity Communities Network (project 2) that will be a good one to meme through once it gets a name and a few more people to help program in the theme we've got going.

You may be right in part though, I had thought about this too and when asking a store owner to accept this I would highlight the money and down play imminst. Ill be asking them if I can put out coupons. Ill say, Ive got 25 2 dollar off coupons, that require people to join the Longevity Meme fah team on the ps3. Ill tell him about how fah is a client that comes pre loaded in ps3s. Ill then tell him if its worth $50.00 to him that all he has to do is give out this discount to the first 25 people who brings in a print out of their registration with the team. Your right though, that may not work. They may think its too complicated and or they may see imminst on the print out and be turned off by it. I think though thats its worth a try and that if we do encounter problems like this that there are probably good solutions we can work on at that point.

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Your right, but I want to see if we can do it for $2 first. Im willing to up it to $5 at this point, out of my own personal money.

As for dumping more money into hardware, Im for both, but which one would produce more output, $50.00 to get 25 ps3s folding, or $50.00 of extra cpu or whatever hardware it is exactly, to add to one of the existing team members computers?

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

Seems that some could register and collect without actually folding.

There are registered members for the F@H prize that have never folded.

Hmm, I forgot about that. Thats another potential obstacle, but we may just find that if we try this out that it will work like a charm. I went down there twice now but they were really busy both times. Im going to have to get down there when they arent as busy. If anybody else wants to go down to their video game exchange stores and ask them about it and then report back here then please do.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

Alright, the coupon may still work, but Ive talked with one store, they said corporate has to approve it. We can leave a flyer on their counter though, and many video game stores have bulletin boards. Ive made this version with out the coupon part. Its a mini flyer designed to be printed on the front and back. If anybody wants to then print them out and bring them to your video game store. Leave a stack on their counter if they agree and put a few up on their bulletin board if they have one.

You can try different agreements like maybe, tell specific workers that you will pay them say, $10.00 for every 10 people they talk to about the mini flyer and prove that they got to join. I might try that out. Ill attach the mini flyer here. Let us know what you think about it, it could use a little tweaking but it should be pretty much good to go.

Attached Files

#9 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

how much is a video game (or wrt FAH, PS3 game) costing? If it's only a few bucks, consider a free rental or FREE play coupon, then they can try it without loss.

They get free video game out of it (or free video game play) , we add people to us. When it reaches critical size, we snowball.

Edited by HYP86, 26 March 2009 - 12:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users