• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Global Integrative Multilevel Multisystem Aging Cure Plan

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

New website for the group, in Russian but hopefully some other languages in the future. As Reason suggested, google translate does a pretty good job.

#32 gavrilov

• 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:56 AM

New website for the group, in Russian but hopefully some other languages in the future. As Reason suggested, google translate does a pretty good job.

Here is the English translation of the most recent news from the 'Science for Life Extension' Foundation:

http://longevity-sci....extension.html
Shorter weblink:
http://tinyurl.com/oqjq4t

You can also read ongoing discussion there (3 comments), and add your own comments too, if you wish.

Edited by gavrilov, 15 May 2009 - 01:58 AM.

#33 Pour_la_Science

• 128 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

The most obvious lists of people interested in ageing research- this would be IABG and SENS attendees, The Lifeboat Foundation members, MF and MFURI members, people that publish in SAGE KE, Rejuvenation research, members of IAH, Wolfson ageing labs, members of American Aging Association, British Society for Research into Ageing, Help the aged, institutes for regeneration at various universities etc

Ageing researchers:

Aubrey de Grey
Jeff Hall
Jan Vijg
Judith Campisi
Cynthia Kenyon
Joao Pedro de Magalhaes
Leonid Gavrilov and wife
Bob Lightowlers
Ian Holt
Karl Riabowol
Matthew Porteus
Fulvio Mavilio
Tom Kirkwood
Linda Partridge
David Gems
Jay Olshansky
Nadia Rosenthal
Richard Aspinall
David Rubinsztein
Alexandra Stolzing
Sebastian Sethe
Richard Faragher
Fabrizio d'Adda di Fagagna
Rita Effros
Ulf Brunk
Henry Weiner
Gerald Schatten
Irina Conboy
John Allen
Vernon Ingram
Calogero Caruso
Matthew Collins
Gabriele Saretzki
Thomas von Zglinicki
Deborah Dunn-Walters
Megan Sykes
Graham Pawelec
Rochelle Buffenstein
Silvia Gravina
George Church
Matthew Allen
Oliver Tussaint
Daniel Martinez
Danila Medvedev
Michael Rose
Maria Blasco
Manuel Serrano
Bruce Rittmann
David Harrison
John Sedivy
Judith Haendeler
Andrew Porter
Marisol Corral-Debrinski
Edward Masoro
Ana maria Cuervo
Chris Mason
A Bartke
Ruth Itzhaki
Stephen Minger

Students and misc:

Michael Rae
Ben Zealley
Matthias Bollman
Mike Kope
Sarah Marr
John Schloendorn
Mark Hamaleinen
Justin Rebo
Kelsey Moody
Sophie Lukowski
Sven Bulterijs
Johan Sjoberg
Stuart Calimport
Aaron Stupple
Lucas Trindade
Kemal Akman
Danila Medvedev
Tim Webb
Lijang Jiang
Jaques Mathieu
Soren Stirling

It's superb to have this list of scientists. What could be still better would be an update of this list, like contacts, current research projects, lab where they're working.
Because "aging researchers is something not very precise. There's e a huge number of people working for example about understanding atherosclerosis etc... but with absolutely no real impact or interest for life extension.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

I was chatting with Immorta in skype about this recently, to try to get a better grasp on this. I was thinking that this might be a part of a science section proposal that some of us are working on, and that we might put more consideration in to joining efforts in that way. I thought that maybe more strategies like sens were a part of what this was aiming to produce.

Upon further discussion and thinking about this, it seems to me that this plan is a lot like a Russian version of the NIA. I could be wrong though. From what I can see a lot of their sections are designed to understand aging. That of course is a good thing in and of itself, and some parts seem to be developing toward pointed strategies to defeat aging, but like Aubrey says, theres a lot of work underway to understand the mechanisms of aging for the sake of it, but not enough going on to try to stop it.

The outlines they have developing to cover bases on understanding and researching aging look pretty impressive. I hope that its something they also turn in to a text book series. It looks to me that most or all of the components of such a series are there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users