• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Tape Hiss

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

Two pieces of prose I wrote synthesising my passions for transhumanism and the genre of music that is Dub Techno (including such artists as Basic Channel, DeepChord, Echospace and Monolake):

1. Listening to and bathing in the hiss of the cycling tape. Warm and agreeable is the unification of frequencies from across and along the bands. A drone of white noise immersed in silence...a globe of white light immersed in the dark. Reflections of a state to transcend to, of what some of us could aspire to become; infinite yet unified. Philosophical, scientific, cultural and creative white noise. Infinite and unified...the endless hiss of infinite frequencies, of infinite variation and preference, together as one.

2. From a baseline listening to the tape hisses of Quadrant Dub and Deepchord and indulging in their melancholia, I, the now vibrotranshuman of pure energy, find blissful warmth in my own infiniteband background noise, omnipresent...hidden and gentle.

Variants of which can be found here.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users