Photo
- - - - -

Personal exp: picamilon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:23 PM

I initially sent roughly this message to lifemirage, but now I reckon why not post it for everybody to see.
First, I didn't use it consequently.. Only at varying occasions, perhaps 2-3 times a week (each time being 50-300 mg over a day), and I'm aware of that to experience the full effects maximum plasma levels must be reached which may take a few weeks of consecutive use.
I've tried it out both in ~50mg doses as a tranquilizer and as a potentiator for alcohol in ~50-100mg doses.. I'll tell you about what I've experienced so far..

Firstly, for the tranquilizing part, and everything else for that matter, I feel it's hard to be completely sure whether the effects are obvious or if it could possible be placebo. Anyway, as a tranquiliser it seems to do a pretty good job, it's as if in situations where normally one would get pretty anxious and that would perhaps reflect on ones physique, I still have the thoughts related to the anxiousness, but they don't seem to reflect on the body as they usually would. Also the memory seems to improve.. It also seems to make breathing calm, I've noticed that I breathe deeply and relaxed when under influence.

I've tested it out with alcohol several times for the sake of being able to drink less and get buzzed (I'd rather stay on the safe side than mixing CNS depressants) plus picamilon is supposed to have neuroprotective properties which isn't something negative either, here's an abstract about that

[Neuroprotective and cerebrovascular effects of GABA mimetics]

[Article in Russian]

Mirzoian RS.

Zakusov Institute of Pharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Baltiiskaya ul. 8, Moscow, 125315 Russia.

The paper is devoted to the role of GABA system in the pharmacotherapy of ischemic brain injuries. In an analysis of the neuroprotector activity of GABA-mimetics, both their involvement in the maintenance of a balance between exciting and inhibiting processes and participation of the GABAergic mechanisms in regulation of the cerebrovascular tone are considered because proper blood supply is an important factor in the successful therapy of patients with ischemic brain injuries. Data available in the literature and the results of original investigations are summarized to assess the cerebrovascular and neuroprotector properties of GABA, as well as agonists and modulators of GABA receptors (muscimol, picamilon, phelbamate, clomethiazole, etc.). Particular attention is given to the neutroprotector and cerebrovascular activity of a new drug composition GABA-mimetic pirrolidone and pyroglutamic acid. This drug is capable of improving the cerebral blood supply, limiting the zone of ischemic injury, preventing an increase in the level of lactate and lipid peroxidation products, modifying nitric oxide content, and restoring the psychoneurological status of experimental animals with ischemic brain injury models.

In combination with alcohol, it does seem to, not potentiate the alcohols effect, but have them come on quicker, not all of them however, I'll explain. The numbness which alcohol induces, which will make your body less receptive to pain, is obviously there.. I can drink carbohydrated beverages without feeling any discomfort in my throat, and the sting of a burn is not obvious at all. However, it seems to reduce or even to an extent remove most of the dopaminergic properties of alcohol, the talkativeness usually induced by alcohol is not at all as intense as with no picamilon, and the dopaminergic effects of increased self esteem and well being are not noticeable for me. It also seems to disable alcohols properties of impairing peoples movement..

Also, it works excellently for relieving headaches - this is definitely NOT placebo, it has worked every time (3 so far) in reducing/removing/keeping at bay headaches.. Recently I had a terrible headache, which most likely would've made me become ill, for that's how I work, the headaches seem to trigger illness and as the illness is triggered I'll be forced to spend hours emptying my system while the physical efforts of that will increase the headache tenfold, until I can barely keep my eyes open due to the pain. Picamilon has fully relieved (flat levelled the spiral;))) me of that downward spiral several times now - seems like a proper alternative to paracetamol (which is harsh on the liver) when it gets to headaches. I can add that this last time, I woke up after the pic wore off, feeling the banging headache and knowing that without any soothener I'd get ill and not be able to fall asleep again.. I swallowed half a cap of picamilon and voila, I could feel the heartbeats stop pounding in my head for every breath I took, until I could pleasantly fall asleep again, and I never woke up again that night, for I suppose those extra 4-5 hours (that's how long picamilon acts) gave my body enough time to recover from the headache.

Now I have never understood what causes these headaches. In combination with alcohol, many suggest dehydration, but the night of this event (the headache was definately caused by alcohol somehow) I had about 1.5L of 4% alcoholic beverages, over several hours, and in between I probably had atleast 1-1.5 L of water. Also I kept drinking water in moderate doses over all the evening, before bedtime as well, so it was DEFINITELY NOT dehydration. I'd love to know the cause though, cause no water has ever protected me from those headaches and yet people keep being so sure of dehydration as a cause.

I still have plenty of picamilon left , half a bottle I guess, 3000mg, I'll keep experimenting and post updates here.. I can swear it's effectiveness in sobering up dumb-drunk people by the way.. People who are slurring in their speech, totally disoriented, not being able to walk straight, will get profoundly more sober, even to the point of being able to conversate and make sense, if given picamilon. This has worked 4/4 times by now, allthough every time with the same person. This is basically what happened

I gave a cap of 100 mg to a very drunk person and as it kicked in, allthough he obviously retained plenty of the effects of the alcohol, his mind cleared up and he was able to (from being unable to talk properly with any consistency) speak as if he was sober, his motor impairment also seemed to disappear somewhat.

I once noticed it myself though.. I was pretty buzzed and took 50-100 mg of picamilon, and as it kicked in I noticed how I sobered up alot, which wasn't what I sought at that time, but anyway - it gave me all my inhibitions back (i'd love to hear any theories on how picamilon may affect DA levels), cleared up my mind somewhat etc.

I hope this can be of interest to somebody.. I'll update if I find out anything new.

Edited by staz, 08 February 2004 - 07:48 PM.

#2 staz

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:45 PM

I can add that for anti anxiety purposes, picamilon got a horribly failed grade at the 'fire test' I exposed it to today. I have a horrid fear, or whatever to call it, of going to the doctor.. and a ~70mg dose of picamilon about 1.5 hours before did not do the slightest in preventing my terrible anxiety.. cold sweats, stuttering speech, tense muscles, dry mouth/lips, extreme heartbeat pace etc.. picamilon did not provide the slightest comfort.

It still does seem to have a very slight relaxing effect though.. but for heavy anxiety it didn't do jack all for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 staz

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

I've found it very useful in relieving migraine headaches plenty of times since my last post. Also in relieving post-alcohol headaches.

Edited by staz, 08 February 2004 - 07:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:54 AM

The first 3 times i took picamilon it gave me a headache...........I tried it recently with food and it worked great and didnt give me a headache. I now like this stuff, I did hate it at first. I need GABA, I need to be safe with it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users