Photo
* * * * * 19 votes

Cerebrolysin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2208 replies to this topic

#271 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

I think the primary issue is that you don't want any bacteria sitting in a good growth environment for a significant amount of time before injection. Your immune system can handle a few stray bacteria that you introduce just before injection, but you don't want to let them sit in a growth media that you're later going to inject.

- Lyophilized peptide under vacuum is not a good growth environment.
- Reconstituted peptide in bacteriostatic water (or water with methylparaben -- which is also an antifungal) is not a good growth environment.
- A peptide solution with no preservative is potentially a good growth environment.

We don't know what kind of preservatives, if any, are in Cere; we're relying on the initial sterility of the solution for safety.

Recreational drug users are generally dissolving non-proteinaceous powders immediately before use.

My own experience with Cere is pretty much unchanged; I'm taking it on and off, I still like it, no adverse reactions.

What benefits have you experienced from it?

#272 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

So i decided to give this one a shot. I think there was some discussion about fake products being solled a few pages ago, where do you guys recommend i order it from?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#273 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

pharmacy1010 has 5x5mL for $80, and it's Ebewe's Russian-language box. Antiaging-Systems has the English Ebewe box for the same price now, down from $100 a few months ago. There are several other sellers, but I've never seen any feedback for them anywhere, so I don't think they're a great bet. I would also e-mail Ebewe and ask if they could verify the lot numbers/holograms/etc for you.

Good luck! Definitely let us know how it goes for you.
  • like x 1

#274 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

pharmacy1010 has 5x5mL for $80, and it's Ebewe's Russian-language box. Antiaging-Systems has the English Ebewe box for the same price now, down from $100 a few months ago. There are several other sellers, but I've never seen any feedback for them anywhere, so I don't think they're a great bet. I would also e-mail Ebewe and ask if they could verify the lot numbers/holograms/etc for you.

Good luck! Definitely let us know how it goes for you.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Ebewe no longer makes the product, and thus any Ebewe-labled product should be perceived with skepticism.

#275 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Ebewe no longer makes the product, and thus any Ebewe-labled product should be perceived with skepticism.

A subsidiary of Ebewe is not a significant difference from Ebewe. The trademark for EVER is owned by Ebewe; it's essentially the same company, just a re-structure after their generic assets were aquired by Sandoz. Stores and distributors don't throw out their stock when the labels for a drug change slightly. I don't think there's any reason to view reliable suppliers who still say "Ebewe" on their website as suddenly suspect. But yes, you should probably e-mail EVER directly if you want to try to get confirmation of lot numbers, though Ebewe might be more appropriate if you receive their box.

If you want to provide an alternative, like explaining how we can all get a prescription so we have the luxury of ordering from the same pharmacy you did, we would definitely be grateful.

And if you've received your order, I'd be interested in seeing scans of the new box, ampoules and insert material, if you have a scanner or camera!

Edited by chrono, 16 July 2010 - 01:40 AM.

#276 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:03 AM

Allright, thank you guys:)

#277 thefreeaccount

• 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

pharmacy1010.com - 5ml vials, unsealed Russian-language box. The vials themselves still come in a sealed plastic blister.
drugs-pro.com - 10ml vials, Russian-language box sealed with Ebewe holographic security stickers
antiaging-systems.com - 5ml vials, German-language box with a paper seal. No sealed plastic blister; instead, the vials are held in place by paper dividers.

All boxes have exactly the same Ebewe markings and crudely printed 8-digit serial number. The Russian boxes have a date of manufacture and expiration date; the German box has just the date of expiration.

Edited by thefreeaccount, 19 July 2010 - 02:51 AM.

• like x 2

#278 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

^^ Great info, thanks. Drugs-pro has the 5mL vials as well, or at least used to. I've wondered about them, since I haven't been able to find any feedback or even mentions of them anywhere. And no one here answered when I asked about them. I know some of us would be interested in hearing if you (or someone you know) has had successful interactions with them. Their prices are pretty great, and they have a couple of interesting items.

#279 thefreeaccount

• 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

I have ordered from drugs-pro.com twice without major incident. The first order wasn't packed too well and one of the vials broke during shipping. I complained about it and the second order had a lot more protective packaging. The packages shipped from the Ukraine.
  • like x 1

#280 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

A subsidiary of Ebewe is not a significant difference from Ebewe. The trademark for EVER is owned by Ebewe; it's essentially the same company, just a re-structure after their generic assets were aquired by Sandoz. Stores and distributors don't throw out their stock when the labels for a drug change slightly. I don't think there's any reason to view reliable suppliers who still say "Ebewe" on their website as suddenly suspect. But yes, you should probably e-mail EVER directly if you want to try to get confirmation of lot numbers, though Ebewe might be more appropriate if you receive their box.

If you want to provide an alternative, like explaining how we can all get a prescription so we have the luxury of ordering from the same pharmacy you did, we would definitely be grateful.

And if you've received your order, I'd be interested in seeing scans of the new box, ampoules and insert material, if you have a scanner or camera!

EVER referred me to the Internationale Apotheke in Austria. You can email them at internationale-apotheke@aon.at and they'll give you their price list. Here's what they gave me:

10 x Cerebrolysin 1 ml ? 14,70.-
5 x Cerebrolysin 5 ml ? 29,95.-
5 x Cerebrolysin 10 ml ? 47,80.-
5 x Cerebrolysin 30 ml ? 102,85.-
5 x Cerebrolysin 50 ml ? 144,05.-

I believe the question marks were broken Euro symbols.
  • like x 1

#281 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

EVER referred me to the Internationale Apotheke in Austria. You can email them at internationale-apotheke@aon.at and they'll give you their price list.

Right, but as you said before, they require a prescription. For people in the US, I don't know if it's even possible for a doctor to prescribe something which isn't available in the country. But if so, and for the rest of the world, I think it would be pretty hard to get a legitimate CRB script for purely nootropic purposes.

Edited by chrono, 25 July 2010 - 05:28 AM.

#282 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

is there another alternative well researched cognitive enhancer you can use instead of this one since it requires you to use a needle?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#283 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:51 AM

is there another alternative well researched cognitive enhancer you can use instead of this one since it requires you to use a needle?

The the rest of this entire forum for that answer.

In other news, my shipment came today. I'll probably start a new thread to catalogue my experiences since this one has become so beastly.

#284 Hypothermic

• 64 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

In other news, my shipment came today. I'll probably start a new thread to catalogue my experiences since this one has become so beastly.

Your Cerebrolysin shipment arrived? I can't wait to hear about your experience.

Edited by Hypothermic, 04 August 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#285 Hypothermic

• 64 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

[Double post]

Edited by Hypothermic, 04 August 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#286 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

I'm also quite interested to hear your experience. It's been a while since anyone reported on it. If you're going to do a frequent log it would be better to start your own thread; otherwise it would be preferable to post it here. This thread is a bear, but it's miraculous that all the CRB info is in one or two places, rather than scattered in 1000 threads like every other substance here. ;)

Did you get an English or German box? If you have the capability, it would be awesome if you could post pics of the box/insides, and high-res scans of the instructions that we could OCR. Russianbear mentioned that they contain some contraindication and safety info that sounds like it hasn't been posted here yet.

#287 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

I'm immensely intrigued with Cerebrolysin's potential for arresting pathological cognitive deterioration and enhancing measures of cognition in normal subjects, but there are a few problems that diminish my enthusiasm. First, given the voracious appetite that the pharmaceutical industry has for drugs that hold the promise of improving clinical outcomes of conditions with a poor prognosis, I'm surprised that very few have seized the opportunity to test, develop, and market the drug. This leads me to believe that Cerebrolysin might have some limitations that has not become evident to users, distributors, and interested parties. Furthermore, is anyone else troubled by the near Russian monopoly on scholarship? To be sure, Russian scholarship has progressed considerably since the fall of the Soviet Union, but from my experience and readings, certain practices have continued unabated in some sectors: the manipulation of methodology to strongly favor a positive outcome, an exaggeration of study outcomes, and blatant fabrication. This unfortunate deviation from standards of scholarship was born from intense governmental pressure to produce positive findings that exceeded the potential of the research of their Western counterparts, and conformed with the sometimes insane beliefs of party officials. In instances of state sponsored research, this remains to be a serious problem, because some of the same dynamics are still at play. Since researchers from other states have replicated some findings, perhaps my caution is unwarranted. But, enthusiasm and bias can be infectious, and say what you want about Cerebrolysin, but research interest in the United States has been pretty tepid.

However, there is one Russian drug in development that might be worthy of our enthusiasm---even though it has failed in recent Alzheimer's clinical trials. That drug is Latrepiridine, or more popularly known by the trade name of Dimebon. This drug has attracted my interest because I---like many of us---endeavor to optimize my cognitive abilities through diet, lifestyle, and supplementation. And am willing to sometimes undertake risks---that deter the average person---in pursuit of that goal. Although I have no cognitive complaints that would trouble the average person, this drug has a certain captivating allure; and because I've found a reputable source, I'm interested in incurring the financial and potential health costs of experimentation next month. The source is Life Extension Drugs, which is a company that I used for procuring some Ondansetron, which is another drug with considerable potential for cognitive enhancement, but has greater personal appeal as an antiemetic. Based on previous positions I've taken on this forum, I realize that my actions might render me a hypocrite, but I care little, since my thinking on the importation of drugs has evolved somewhat. Indeed, my previous strident stance has been replaced by a more ardent desire to maximize my earning potential, and out-perform my colleagues by as much as possible---even though there is no real animus between any of us. Anybody familiar with organizational behavior and politics, and the power of the human ego, though, may share my sentiments. The price, unfortunately, may be too prohibitive for most to contemplate---and I would take no solace from anybody else incurring the same costs---but since this drug possesses the real potential to provide significant benefits to many that have been on fruitless searches for a panacea drug or supplement, I thought I might as well mention it in a thread devoted to another noteworthy drug of Russian origin.
  • like x 3

#288 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

I don't think it's a Russian drug. All the relevant patents I've seen stretching back to '62 are European. There's certainly a lot of Russian studies, but off hand I would guess more like half, rather than monopoly. And all the papers I've read have seemed very reputable, in some excellent journals. Which isn't to say that it doesn't have limitations, but it's almost ridiculous how much of the literature is positive.

I think CRB is one of the best examples of the tragic failure of the FDA's clinical trial system; so much human data over a long period of time in 40+ other countries, but we can't get it here because Ebewe probably doesn't think they can make back their billion before other options become available.

That's great to hear that you're trying out some very interesting and uncommon CEs. Do you feel like starting some research threads on them? I've been curious about dimebon, but have been somewhat dissuaded from prioritizing it in my research because of its negative clinical results. I'd be keenly interested to hear what you think of its potential for use in the healthy, as well as any observations about ondansetron.

#289 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

http://www.flickr.co...dor/4863830893/

Nothing new here. I'll try to scan the insert in the next couple days. My syringes should be coming by next week, and I have a med school friend who's going to show me how to do the injections.
  • like x 1

#290 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Awesome, thanks! I'm hoping the product lit might answer a few of the outstanding questions we have about it. Google translate usually handes German pretty ok.

#291 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

I feel I'm ready to try Cerebrolysin but I need some reliable information on how to do the injection on myself. I don't know where I can buy syringe and needles. Are we supposed to use the needles only once? If not, how to I sterilize the syringe and needles each time? Where I do the injection on my body? Any good videos online about that?

#292 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

^^Sorry, but I don't think we need to talk about general injection technique in this thread (any more than has already been done), or post needle suppliers. This information is readily available in many places online.

#293 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

Chrono, could you sort out your avatar please, it makes it easier to pick out your posts when I'm skimming through a topic. :happy:

#294 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

However, there is one Russian drug in development that might be worthy of our enthusiasm---even though it has failed in recent Alzheimer's clinical trials. That drug is Latrepiridine, or more popularly known by the trade name of Dimebon. This drug has attracted my interest because I---like many of us---endeavor to optimize my cognitive abilities through diet, lifestyle, and supplementation. And am willing to sometimes undertake risks---that deter the average person---in pursuit of that goal. Although I have no cognitive complaints that would trouble the average person, this drug has a certain captivating allure; and because I've found a reputable source, I'm interested in incurring the financial and potential health costs of experimentation next month. The source is Life Extension Drugs, which is a company that I used for procuring some Ondansetron, which is another drug with considerable potential for cognitive enhancement, but has greater personal appeal as an antiemetic. Based on previous positions I've taken on this forum, I realize that my actions might render me a hypocrite, but I care little, since my thinking on the importation of drugs has evolved somewhat. Indeed, my previous strident stance has been replaced by a more ardent desire to maximize my earning potential, and out-perform my colleagues by as much as possible---even though there is no real animus between any of us. Anybody familiar with organizational behavior and politics, and the power of the human ego, though, may share my sentiments. The price, unfortunately, may be too prohibitive for most to contemplate---and I would take no solace from anybody else incurring the same costs---but since this drug possesses the real potential to provide significant benefits to many that have been on fruitless searches for a panacea drug or supplement, I thought I might as well mention it in a thread devoted to another noteworthy drug of Russian origin.

Thanks for an eloquent and interesting post in which you mention two substances I've never heard of before. What makes you think Latrepirdine is so promising when it comes to improving cognitive processes in healthy people? I couldn't find much about it and I'm quite unfamiliar with its mechanisms.

The same goes for Ondansetron, what was your experience with that?

#295 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

Drug insert is attached.

Anyone here speak German?

• like x 1

#296 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:26 AM

I OCRed and google-translated the material arvcondor graciously scanned for us. It works a lot better for German than for Russian, so it's actually pretty legible. I didn't clean up the grammar at all, though.

Some interesting info about the probability of various side effects, and some dosage/schedule recommendations in line with what's already been said in this thread.

One important point is that the solution is not said to contain any kind of preservative, so the amp-splitting idea is indeed a very bad one.

Attached Files

• like x 1

#297 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

I OCRed and google-translated the material arvcondor graciously scanned for us. It works a lot better for German than for Russian, so it's actually pretty legible. I didn't clean up the grammar at all, though.

Some interesting info about the probability of various side effects, and some dosage/schedule recommendations in line with what's already been said in this thread.

One important point is that the solution is not said to contain any kind of preservative, so the amp-splitting idea is indeed a very bad one.

Thanks so much for posting. Aside from the occasional hilarity in the translation ("Duringtreatment with Cerebrolysin it may not get pregnant "), it sheds some interesting light on the drug - for example, only 5 ml should be used IM, and the mechanism of action appears to differ compared to what we've discussed.

#298 trevyn

• 87 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:31 AM

Here's me doing an injection:

• like x 9

#299 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

Nice video trevyn, thx for post that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#300 TophetLOL

• 88 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

Here's me doing an injection:

10cc in the thigh is way too much. The absolute max is around 3cc. Your should probably split it up or inject in your gluts if your determined to do it all in one go

Edited by chrono, 18 August 2010 - 09:38 PM.
trimmed embedded video from quote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users