* * * * * 19 votes

Cerebrolysin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2208 replies to this topic

#1981 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

New here. On my 8/30 5ml injections. Bought mine from Nootropic dot eu.

I am on a small dose of lexapro 5mg.

Only things I have noticed so far

Negatives

- I have been tired and unmotivated.

- Some slight lowering of libidio

- very mild flu like symptoms (hot breath, cough).

Positives

- General calmness

Hoping it dramatically improves because I am so far a little underwhelmed after reading other peoples experiences. 

I'm 17 in @ 10mL each, and have felt nothing so far. I haven't been sleeping well, but that could be work. If it weren't for the studies that you can find on the internet about cerebrolysin, I would think this stuff is a scam at this point. I don't know if some people are experiencing a placebo effect, but a lot of the claims in this thread aren't convincing going over it again. Claims of driving better, stronger sense, ect. seems very subjective to me.

I don't know though, maybe I am already at my genetic potential and will always have SCT or ADHD. If you don't think you have poor cognitive functions as a results of drug abuse, I would think twice about using this stuff.

330mL to go.

#1982 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

If you don't think you have poor cognitive functions as a results of drug abuse, I would think twice about using this stuff.

That's my case, and Cere didn't do anything for that either unfortunately. That was 3 weeks at 10ml/day, 5on2off by the way.

Though, I don't think it's a scam, and I still recommend people in similar situations to try it, as it does seem to have a particularly high response and efficacy rate. There are new neurogenic ligands becoming available however, which seem to promise higher potency, cost-effectiveness, and also easier RoA's (making long-term adherence easier to abide). Thus, I'm not giving up on neurogenics just yet, and am curious to see what the next "gold standard" will be of this class.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1983 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Interesting article. Apparently athletes are taking Cerebrolysin to improve their decision making capabilities. 

Off label substances in sports

#1984 opense

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

I am wondering, Is it worth continuing if you have not noticed anything benificial after 8-9 doses?

#1985 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Yes, as it works by way of neurotrophic factors, which take time to do their thing. Even if you notice no immediate effects, it doesn't mean that changes which take longer to manifest are not under way.

#1986 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

I've been taking some supplements during this cycle (multivit, fish oil, vit d & a few others). Does anyone know if there somethings that I shouldn't be taking at this time (maybe caffeine?).

#1987 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

I would take it easy with the coffee/caffeine. Someone else mentioned getting a stronger effect of it while on Cere. I do, definitely.

Edited by Keizo, 03 June 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#1988 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

I guess I was asking about things that I could be eating that would inhibit me from getting the most out of cerebrolysin.

#1989 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Interesting article. Apparently athletes are taking Cerebrolysin to improve their decision making capabilities. 

Off label substances in sports

Very interesting! I'm sure it doesn't only improves mind in sports, but also body. I remember now back to last year, riding a slightly old bike which would exhaust me due to some bad working of its pieces, I started running on it and I DID NOT GET EXHAUSTED, I mean, I took a long and full of cars road (requiring to run fast with bike) and I was impressed, it looked like muscles were never demanding oxygen. I ignore if this is refined motor function, or heart or muscle/oxygen improvement. I tend to believe Cerebrolysin downs brute physical force as a consequence of mind-opening and up coordination and reaction motor function. But now, I'm not sure. I guess the anti ischemic properties must oxygenate better all the body endings.  Also, I seem to be somewhat better on football, which I play less 1 time per month, even when there's no CRB cycle recently.

I keep amazing myself by all the aplications on real life this has. This is like antidote to our lives' superficiality.

Edit! I remember now the posts Sunshinefrost stated saying Cebria (oral version of CRB) had negative effects on joints.  Cere seems to not share this which remains inexplainable at me ATM.

Also, I remember, talking about sports, an interview with Zinedine Zidane where he said just before 2002 Champions Finals and 2006 World Cup Finals, he said he was given a pill wihtouth explaining him what it was. I know dopping has been there a lot for now, but what if now substances like Cerebrolysin started emerging? I'm sure lots of sportists are using it, just anti dopping Comitee doesnt know about it yet. I alos remember last season when I thought "I should e-mail Mourinho (I'm  a Real Madrid fan) and tell him about Cerebrolysin to improve his players' performance" . I truly believe this could be the definite dopping substance in almost every sport and side effects free. I guess is a matter of time they realize this is dopping.

EDIT 2: about the addiction question said before. I'm too convinced th aplications of this are placed mostly on alcoholic patients. A non alcoholic patient can yet see the benefits but he won't them as clearly as an alcoholic one. It also helps with tobacco but to a lesser degree. However, I think ADD, autism, even suspected sociopaths/psychopaths can benefit from this more they think.

Edited by Sholrak, 04 June 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#1990 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I have noticed something very interesting. Rhodiola Rosea seems to take away almost all the undesirable effects of Cerebrolysin and even potentiate it! Probably in a related way to how Cannabis also does synergize with it. Rhodiola is known to be good for addiction breaking tryings, and I read some interesting studies about it's aplication to treat cannabis absence and withdrawal.

I haven't tried Cere and Rhodiola in the same day (there's and advice to low antidepressant dose while on CRB) just got a row of days in a week using Cere and some days later I used Rhodiola ONE day. Since that day (3 ago), the "permanent-like" effect of Cere has kind of cleaned (never thought could exist a cleaner sense than that) and the related undesirable effects have gone away. I guess, Rhodiola is effecting the HPA-axis combined with the synaptogenesis increase given by Cere. Perhaps that neurotrophins increase is disturbing a bit my stress resistance system.

I think Rhodiola is as unique drug very useful in some high-end nootropics undesirable effects treatment like Cere, NSI, and similar.

Thanks for mentioning Rhodiola Rosea. I'm now taking it along with this cycle of Cere and also taking NSI-189.  I'm experiencing motivation with no depression and a very clear mind.

• like x 1

#1991 opense

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

I have no idea if this is realated to Cere and it could well be a conincedance. Today I looked at my phone and saw very vivid colour, I thought it was broken afterwards I then lost my pheripheral vision for about 30 minutes followed by headache.  When I say lost my Pheripheral vision I mean lost. IT was completly gone. If I looked at the middle of a ruler I could not see the edges. Migraine maybe I don't know. Freaked me out a little bit at the time but am feeling ok now.

#1992 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have noticed something very interesting. Rhodiola Rosea seems to take away almost all the undesirable effects of Cerebrolysin and even potentiate it! Probably in a related way to how Cannabis also does synergize with it. Rhodiola is known to be good for addiction breaking tryings, and I read some interesting studies about it's aplication to treat cannabis absence and withdrawal.

I haven't tried Cere and Rhodiola in the same day (there's and advice to low antidepressant dose while on CRB) just got a row of days in a week using Cere and some days later I used Rhodiola ONE day. Since that day (3 ago), the "permanent-like" effect of Cere has kind of cleaned (never thought could exist a cleaner sense than that) and the related undesirable effects have gone away. I guess, Rhodiola is effecting the HPA-axis combined with the synaptogenesis increase given by Cere. Perhaps that neurotrophins increase is disturbing a bit my stress resistance system.

I think Rhodiola is as unique drug very useful in some high-end nootropics undesirable effects treatment like Cere, NSI, and similar.

Thanks for mentioning Rhodiola Rosea. I'm now taking it along with this cycle of Cere and also taking NSI-189.  I'm experiencing motivation with no depression and a very clear mind.

Yeah they combine perfect, also for me Rhodiola seems to make Cere more invisible, to hide it, but not hyde it's effects and benefits. I find a very loving synergy among them two and think I've found my way to go. I could go with this two things plus NSI/ in the future and don't need 7, 8 or more supplements, headaching routine of daily administration of many pills

I suspect both have endocrinologic effects so better not mix. Now a row of Cere in week  following 2 days of Rhodiola, and you will feel absolutely alive. And another thing this combo does is make resting and the dreams better. The dreams have  become maternal to me, almost everyday wake up happy and motivated.

For those who did not take any effects of Rhodiola, the Eclectic Institute is far better than Arctic Root, Verde Botanica... because has the extract and the freeze dried root in capsule. Is the best price/quality available.

#1993 cap3

• 43 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

I have just had my 11th injection (day 13). Really disappointed so far as I have not felt anything. The only thing that has changed is I wake up an hour and a half earlier and can't get back to sleep.

Wondering whether to continue at this point. 

A few days ago I took 2.5mg of selegiline sub. out of desperation, which I was intending to start before i decided to try cerebrolysin first. The following day I felt quite drowsy and didn't take anymore selegilline but day 3 felt pretty good. My speech fluency was greatly improved and my mood and sociability were up. 

At first I put this down to perhaps cerebrolysin starting to work but the next day (yesterday)  I felt awful, very anxious, depressed and there was a slight delay in my eyes focusing.

Now I think that this was all down to that one dose of selegilline and yesterday was some kind of rebound from the MAO-B effects. 

I think I will finish my cerebrolysin and then try the NSI-189 i have ordered, if that doesnt work perhaps low dose selegilline will be an option.

#1994 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

I have just had my 11th injection (day 13). Really disappointed so far as I have not felt anything. The only thing that has changed is I wake up an hour and a half earlier and can't get back to sleep.

A few days ago I took 2.5mg of selegiline sub. out of desperation, which I was intending to start before i decided to try cerebrolysin first. The following day I felt quite drowsy and didn't take anymore selegilline but day 3 felt pretty good. My speech fluency was greatly improved and my mood and sociability were up. 

At first I put this down to perhaps cerebrolysin starting to work but the next day (yesterday)  I felt awful, very anxious, depressed and there was a slight delay in my eyes focusing.

Now I think that this was all down to that one dose of selegilline and yesterday was some kind of rebound from the MAO-B effects. 

I think I will finish my cerebrolysin and then try the NSI-189 i have ordered, if that doesnt work perhaps low dose selegilline will be an option.

What I have in bold is definitely something I have experienced. It's even gotten so bad that it's been happening on the weekends, something that's never happened before in my life. And like you, I have been very underwhelmed by the outcome so far and I'm 220mL in.

NSI-189 seems interesting, where are you buying from? From what I found on google, it seems like it would be perfect for someone like me

#1995 cap3

• 43 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

What I have in bold is definitely something I have experienced. It's even gotten so bad that it's been happening on the weekends, something that's never happened before in my life. And like you, I have been very underwhelmed by the outcome so far and I'm 220mL in.

NSI-189 seems interesting, where are you buying from? From what I found on google, it seems like it would be perfect for someone like me

I'm getting mine from 

http://nutraction.com/shop/nsi-189/

Never used this company before so can't vouch for their service but couldn't find it anywhere else.

I may try cerebrolysin again after a course of NSI-189 perhaps at 10ml per day this time

#1996 D424friday

• 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

I'm really interested in trying out Cerebrolysin, however the reports of "flu" like symptoms upon injection make me a bit cautious. I know things like prions have already been addressed in the past, but from what I remember our understanding about prions is pretty basic. 

I would hate to develop dementia or something later on in life due to Cerebrolysin use, I'm not trying to scare anyone off, just looking for re assurance I guess...

Edited by D424friday, 05 June 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#1997 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm getting mine from 

http://nutraction.com/shop/nsi-189/

Never used this company before so can't vouch for their service but couldn't find it anywhere else.

I may try cerebrolysin again after a course of NSI-189 perhaps at 10ml per day this time

Nice, do you happen to have a link to dosing amounts or reconstitution methods

#1998 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Alot of the studies don't show any efficacy for 2-4 weeks so I think your giving up waay to early. Also mixing it with SElegilline is a big mistake who knows what is doing what now. I would go another 2 weeks on Cerebro before giving up on it.

#1999 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Alot of the studies don't show any efficacy for 2-4 weeks so I think your giving up waay to early. Also mixing it with SElegilline is a big mistake who knows what is doing what now. I would go another 2 weeks on Cerebro before giving up on it.

So there's a good chance people claiming benefits after a few injections are experiencing a placebo effect? Alright, well thanks for pointing the efficacy timeline out to us, I was beginning to lose hope. Should efficacy take even longer with IM injections vs IV administration?

#2000 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

I just received my dose today from the International Pharmacy Internationale Apotheke in Austria. They sent me the proper needles as well 1inch 23g. I went through hoops and got a real prescription which i sent them as I don't have much faith in online pharmacies that will sell you a drug with no prescription.

My issues have to do with Ssri Discontinuation. Long story short I stopped taking Paxil and a week later I got severely dizzy, weak and starting suffering from Akathisia (I can't even explain the horror of that) in addition head pressure and terrible cognitive effects (slurring of words, memory loss, confusion disorientation). I tried to restart the drug but had a kindling reaction and could not longer tolerate it. That was 2 years ago and although I have very slowly improved I am still in horrible shape. I read a study that Cerebrolysin improved Tardive Dyskenesia in a study (that is drug induced damage from AntiPsycotics) so I figured it's worth a shot.

I am scared to try this so I may not start my trial for a while but I will keep everyone posted when I do.

• like x 1

#2001 opense

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

I just received my dose today from the International Pharmacy Internationale Apotheke in Austria. They sent me the proper needles as well 1inch 23g. I went through hoops and got a real prescription which i sent them as I don't have much faith in online pharmacies that will sell you a drug with no prescription.

My issues have to do with Ssri Discontinuation. Long story short I stopped taking Paxil and a week later I got severely dizzy, weak and starting suffering from Akathisia (I can't even explain the horror of that) in addition head pressure and terrible cognitive effects (slurring of words, memory loss, confusion disorientation). I tried to restart the drug but had a kindling reaction and could not longer tolerate it. That was 2 years ago and although I have very slowly improved I am still in horrible shape. I read a study that Cerebrolysin improved Tardive Dyskenesia in a study (that is drug induced damage from AntiPsycotics) so I figured it's worth a shot.

I am scared to try this so I may not start my trial for a while but I will keep everyone posted when I do.

Goodluck fj929,

Paxil is a nasty nasty drug. I went through a similar thing with and ended up getting put on neuroleptics and back on another AD to stabalise me.

I was freaked out about injecting a strange drug too but by day three it felt pretty normal.I am taking it to hopefuly repair some of the damage that these meds have done. 

Have a long list of complaints. I am starting to feel some good effects from it.

Keep us up to date with how you go. 

#2002 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Good news. We can now offer discounts for Cerebrolysin again. For every 4 boxes of Cerebrolysin you get 1 box for free.It applies to both 5ml and 10ml packs. To use the offer please quote LONGECITYSUMMER with your order at nootropic.eu
Valid for 7 days only (09/06/14 - 15/06/14)

#2003 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Good news. We can now offer discounts for Cerebrolysin again. For every 4 boxes of Cerebrolysin you get 1 box for free.It applies to both 5ml and 10ml packs. To use the offer please quote LONGECITYSUMMER with your order at nootropic.eu
Valid for 7 days only (09/06/14 - 15/06/14)

I wish you didn't raise the price 5gbp though :(

#2004 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

We had to do increase the price. EVER Neuro Pharma increased the price (that's what our supplier told us).. Cerebrolysin is going to cost a bit more everywhere now. I decided to give a discount to longecity members until we sell out our current (cheaper) stock.

Edited by NootropicEU, 09 June 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#2005 cap3

• 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

So there's a good chance people claiming benefits after a few injections are experiencing a placebo effect? Alright, well thanks for pointing the efficacy timeline out to us, I was beginning to lose hope. Should efficacy take even longer with IM injections vs IV administration?

If it does take say 4 weeks to work should one continue for a few weeks after that?

It would seem pointless to stop as soon as the good effects begin

#2006 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

So I'm not going to make a long post about my 4 week @ 10mL cycle. I experienced no benefit, mark me down as an additional nonresponder. Memory and motivation did not improve for me.

#2007 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone recently bought Cerebroysin form Gerovitalshop or other vendors apart from Nootropic.eu ?

I´m currently looking for a cheaper but genuine source

#2008 BigGuy1980

• 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

So I'm not going to make a long post about my 4 week @ 10mL cycle. I experienced no benefit, mark me down as an additional nonresponder. Memory and motivation did not improve for me.

This is all based on my experience and observatons over the last 3 years... 

Everyone will respond differently with Cerebro... Those who benefit the most are the ones who need it the most... Additionally, you cannont begin supplementing with Cerebro and expect it to be the end all-be all..

Think of Cerebro supplementation like running a steriod cycle.  You dont take the hormone and sit there and expect to just grow muscles... You need to work out, eat right... The same appliies to Cerebro.

If your not contstantly engaging your mind while on it, then dont take it.  

Also, I get the same benefits running 1mg/day as I do running 5-10ml a day but with less agitation.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2009 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Possible synergy between all NGF / NT-3/4/5 / BDNF factors and CILTEP. I encourage anyone currently in a Cere cycle to try this out and report :D

Cyclic AMP controls BDNF-induced TrkB phosphorylation and dendritic spine formation in mature hippocampal neurons.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15665879

Expression of the neurotrophin receptor trkB is regulated by the cAMP/CREB pathway in neurons.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15234351

Upregulation of TrkB by forskolin facilitated survival of MSC and functional recovery of memory deficient model rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313493

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 16 June 2014 - 11:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2010 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

This is all based on my experience and observatons over the last 3 years... 

Everyone will respond differently with Cerebro... Those who benefit the most are the ones who need it the most... Additionally, you cannont begin supplementing with Cerebro and expect it to be the end all-be all..

Think of Cerebro supplementation like running a steriod cycle.  You dont take the hormone and sit there and expect to just grow muscles... You need to work out, eat right... The same appliies to Cerebro.

If your not contstantly engaging your mind while on it, then dont take it.  

Also, I get the same benefits running 1mg/day as I do running 5-10ml a day but with less agitation.

My exercise, diet and supplementation were in order (a month+) before and during my cycle. I use my mind all the time at work and play RTS video games when I get home.

I didn't expect it to be a magic bullet, but I expected to notice something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users