• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What supplements should I give my 83 year old grandpa?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Barksdale

• 149 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

What supplement should I give my 83 year old grandpa? Since I'm reading about this for my own sake I though that I might help my grandpa with living a few years longer. What 3 supplements would you give a 83 year old pretty healthy male? I don't know everything he's taking now, but I know for a fact that he's at least taking garlic pills and some blood thinning pills.

#2 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

Common causes of morbidity at that age are what? Strokes, ruptures aneurisms, heart attacks due to plaque buildup or some chronic, progressive illness.

I would start with some kind of proteolytic enzyme like bromelain or serratopeptase to remove years of plaque buildup that occur in ALL of us, followed by rutin/quercetin plus bioflavonoids to strengthen the endothelium. I would next run a thorough mineral assay to determine all and any deficiencies, especially copper (linked to aneurisms) and magnesium (linked to ALL heart problems). In any event, I would also give Magnesium and something for cognitive function.

Edited by Lufega, 16 March 2009 - 09:59 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

What supplement should I give my 83 year old grandpa? Since I'm reading about this for my own sake I though that I might help my grandpa with living a few years longer. What 3 supplements would you give a 83 year old pretty healthy male? I don't know everything he's taking now, but I know for a fact that he's at least taking garlic pills and some blood thinning pills.

The first and most impactful action to take is ALWAYS food. For example, no more sugary products, no more overly processed foods like microwave meals, etc. And, there are a lot of healthy foods, like dark chocolate and virgin coconut oil.

Once this based is covered:

D3 -- 8000 IU
K2 -- 5mg (MK-4)
Magnesium
Pomegranate extract
Resveratrol
Grape seed extract
Fish oil -- several pills daily
A good B-complex pill
CoQ10 -- 100mg
Blueberry extract

Really, for someone above their 60's, the list can go 40 supplements deep. At the age of 83, there's everything to gain and almost nothing to lose. The above list is a truly excellent one to start with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users