Disturbingly high dosage regime of Modafinil

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 juggernaut

• 1 posts
  • 0 â‚®

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

Hello,

For the last month now, I've been consuming about 4,000 mg/day of Modafinil, helplessly tending to pop a few 200 mg capsules every couple of hours--far above the recommended dose of 200-600 mg/day. I would like to know how long I can continue on this modafinil binge without incurring any damage to my health; I'm particularly worried about the toll such vast doses might be taking on my liver, though my worries are based wholly on hazey speculation. I haven't experienced any major side effects--amazingly, even my sleep cycle seems to have remained fairly unhindered--while the positive effects are quite pronounced, with added patience and efficiency at my workplace, a significantly heightened boredom thershold, and my being able to follow-up on and complete tasks on time.

Thanks.

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts
  • 155 â‚®

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

ummm..... Stop immediately. Seek help for substance dependence if you can't on your own.

You are taking 10 times the recommended dosage.

I would be worried about my liver too among a great many other things.

Edited by eternaltraveler, 18 March 2009 - 11:17 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 alexd

• 106 posts
  • 7 â‚®

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Obviously way too much. I take provigil at 50mg a day. But here is something that might be useful. Look up the srug Deplin. It is l methylfolate. It is used as an adjunct.Many people have a problem with the digestion of folic acid. It is the chemical that our body breaks folic acid down to (in it's fourth step) It goes through the blood brain barrier. IT allowed me to lower the anti depressants i take dramaticly. Also I take 150 mg of wellbutrin which my Dr said works well with provigil/modafinil. Contact me if you want to get rid of your modafinil. i have no idea how yo aqquired so much or even how you could afford it, unless you have quite a bit of $ to spend. Good luck.

The reply before mine is correct. Nootropics do not work well if you are dead!

#4 bgwithadd

• 820 posts
  • 16 â‚®

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:06 AM

Hello,

For the last month now, I've been consuming about 4,000 mg/day of Modafinil, helplessly tending to pop a few 200 mg capsules every couple of hours--far above the recommended dose of 200-600 mg/day. I would like to know how long I can continue on this modafinil binge without incurring any damage to my health;

Probably about one quarter of one day, and I'm not joking. I'm sure you already have permanently caused yourself massive brain problems already, and as soon as you stop you're going to realize just how big of a mistake you've made. If you wait until you feel like you have to stop, there will probably be nothing left of your brain when you do. Liver problems can be fixed, but brain problems are permanent. Le us know what happens, it will be interesting to see the effects.

#5 imarobot

• 194 posts
  • 1 â‚®

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

Hello,

For the last month now, I've been consuming about 4,000 mg/day of Modafinil, helplessly tending to pop a few 200 mg capsules every couple of hours--far above the recommended dose of 200-600 mg/day. I would like to know how long I can continue on this modafinil binge without incurring any damage to my health;

Probably about one quarter of one day, and I'm not joking. I'm sure you already have permanently caused yourself massive brain problems already, and as soon as you stop you're going to realize just how big of a mistake you've made. If you wait until you feel like you have to stop, there will probably be nothing left of your brain when you do. Liver problems can be fixed, but brain problems are permanent. Le us know what happens, it will be interesting to see the effects.

At what point does the dose do damage? Does 100 mg have the potential to harm? I haven't seen anything yet that shows damage from Provigil, but the drug also hasn't been around for that long and it's a huge money-maker. You seem confident, so I'm asking. :)

That said, I'd never bet on 4000 mg not doing damage.

Edited by imarobot, 24 March 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#6 manx

• 25 posts
  • 0 â‚®

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

I'm on a quarter of a tab a day if I need it, none if I don't. For this reason my supply lasts ages. Some substances (Vit C) have a positive nootropic effect and show other excellent benefits elsewhere too, to me these are the cherished substances. Provigil gives a positive result but has little other positive benefit so I believe should be treated very gently and with caution. I actually resent having to take Provigil but it works so I do and only when I need it i.e. having a busy day at work, lack of sleep because of the baby, got a big meeting etc.

#7 tunt01

• 2,308 posts
  • 414 â‚®

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

go to a mental institution
  • like x 1

#8 Embrace

• 11 posts
  • 1 â‚®

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

You're oviously taking modafinil that is a generic from overseas, that is fake, and has less or no modafinil in it

1) You'd be unlikey to get a script where you could take that quantity of modafinil
2) you'd be unlikey to afford provigil at the quantities you're taking
3) 4000mg would keep you awake for days at a time 'sleep cycle seems to have remained fairly unhindered' lol I have some difficultly sleeping on 400mg

If you are taking brand name modafinil that is a testimant to the safety of modafinil, I'd sure you'd encounter some problems by now. Reduce your dosage and drink plenty of water.

Is it brand name modafinil you're taking?
  • like x 1

#9 yoyo

• 582 posts
  • 21 â‚®

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

is this a joke

#10 Dom

• Guest, F@H
  • 19 posts
  • 1 â‚®

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:40 PM

OP must have died lol.

#11 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • 147 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

OP died

/thread

#12 psy333che

• 55 posts
  • 1 â‚®

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

I think that you really need some help
I have been on provigal now for three years ( which is the same thing) and take only 100mg daily and at most 150mg... The most you should ever take is 200mg.. You will not get better results with more
You will cause problems with the continued effects and damage to your entire system if you continue with so much of that in your system
I frankly feel that you should be hospitalized as soon as possible
You need e someone to professionally help you with this problem. I honestly cannot imagine what that much in your system would feel like along with the damage it will cause.....

Hello,

For the last month now, I've been consuming about 4,000 mg/day of Modafinil, helplessly tending to pop a few 200 mg capsules every couple of hours--far above the recommended dose of 200-600 mg/day. I would like to know how long I can continue on this modafinil binge without incurring any damage to my health; I'm particularly worried about the toll such vast doses might be taking on my liver, though my worries are based wholly on hazey speculation. I haven't experienced any major side effects--amazingly, even my sleep cycle seems to have remained fairly unhindered--while the positive effects are quite pronounced, with added patience and efficiency at my workplace, a significantly heightened boredom thershold, and my being able to follow-up on and complete tasks on time.

Thanks.

#13 mdma

• 102 posts
  • 6 â‚®

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Yeah right so its costing you 200$ every day mmmmm....thats sounds like fun and how is your sleep pattern buddy?
Sometimes i take 200 mg of Shire's Modafini for a night shift and often i cant sleep at all even after a whole night staying up so....
im sure 40 pills is healthy for ya dont worry

#14 XKeArAX

• 1 posts
  • 0 â‚®

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:20 AM

Hello,

It messes with the chemicals of the brain a little, but not on a detrimental level. He would have to abuse the drug for much longer than a month to have any "massive brain problems".

#15 nootropicinfo

• 22 posts
  • 0 â‚®

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

It messes with the chemicals of the brain a little, but not on a detrimental level. He would have to abuse the drug for much longer than a month to have any "massive brain problems".

Have you tried doubling the dose?

#16 accurate_atheist

• 23 posts
  • 3 â‚®

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

No kidding, modafinil helps improve mood by releasinfg serotonin and dopamine. While this can help with SSRI refractory depression or anxiety, increasing wakefulness promotes better sleep, turnover of these neurotransmitters is increasing, so one fine day you may wake up with extreme depression(neurotransmitter finished, you ain't increasing synthesis you're just overusing them) or pass a insomniac nightmare on methamphetamines. (I won't be critical, I've had my happy experiences too) Make sure all modafinil is taken in the morning so it clears up by bedtime. Dopamine turnover increases free radical damage DRAMATICALLY IN PEOPLE TAKING ESTROGENS. You are also in danger that if you take any other psychiatric drugs/stuff it will have an enhanced effect, MAOI-A type will kill you rather painfully. Talk to a doc, so that you can be put on antidepressants like "Wellbutrin" or "Remeron" or "Effexor" or "Serzone". These will help through withdrawal effects, these drugs also increase serotonin and dopamine. Hopefully you won't be taken taken to a rehab like I was in convulsions. Prolonged modafinil use leads to psychosis, atleast it increases the risk like Maryjane. I have quit opiates, benzo's (basically name it, you got it) using "Bottle dilution method" . Make a 100 or 250 ml solution to be shaken well and taken say 2tsp a day, adjust a conc. to say 400mg/5ml. Only each day dilute it with water after use to original volume. You'll probably not get a cold turkey using this slow tapering. I'm no expert, if you are taking other medicines I (or the Internet ofcourse) can make you aware of a plausible interaction. Don't be tensed, it's not like crack or something.

#17 mdma

• 102 posts
  • 6 â‚®

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:02 AM

Hello,

What do you know? Go ahead and take 40 ( forty, FORTY, 4 X 10) Modafinil pills and come back on this thread a month later to give feedback alright? (40 X 30=1200 pills, around 6000$ worth). Rent a van to bring that home after you picked it up at the post office hey?

Anyway im sure the threadstarter did a typing mistake since 400mg is logic when talking about Modafinil dosage...that made me laughed tough because i was in the process of testing various brands and dosage wheni read that 4000mg story hehe.

Juggernaut, if youre still alive after a possible month of sleep privation following your Modafinil intake, id like to be your personal supplier.

Edited by mdma, 08 August 2009 - 02:09 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 nootropicinfo

• 22 posts
  • 0 â‚®

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

Hello,

What do you know? Go ahead and take 40 ( forty, FORTY, 4 X 10) Modafinil pills and come back on this thread a month later to give feedback alright? (40 X 30=1200 pills, around 6000$ worth). Rent a van to bring that home after you picked it up at the post office hey?

Anyway im sure the threadstarter did a typing mistake since 400mg is logic when talking about Modafinil dosage...that made me laughed tough because i was in the process of testing various brands and dosage wheni read that 4000mg story hehe.

Juggernaut, if youre still alive after a possible month of sleep privation following your Modafinil intake, id like to be your personal supplier.

Join the queue.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users