- - - - -

Lobby the government for indefinite life extension

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:36 AM

I now realize that most of these problems can and will be worked out, but he did offer some important suggestions. The idea now is to spruce up the sight and perhaps put some more information regarding rejuvenation therapies and regenerative medicines and maybe even mention SENS

#32 rhodeder

• 52 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:09 AM

I now realize that most of these problems can and will be worked out, but he did offer some important suggestions. The idea now is to spruce up the sight and perhaps put some more information regarding rejuvenation therapies and regenerative medicines and maybe even mention SENS

Do you guys know of any ideas he had for marketing strategies and how he would help spread awareness of his organization. Personally i think a organization ran at large by IMMINST would be more likely to succeed.

Edited by rhodeder, 14 June 2009 - 04:09 AM.

#33 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:42 AM

Do you guys know of any ideas he had for marketing strategies and how he would help spread awareness of his organization. Personally i think a organization ran at large by IMMINST would be more likely to succeed.

Hi rohoeder and thanks for helping out! James did not go into marketing strategies nor how he spreads the awareness of his org. Talk to Brokenportal about "spreading the meme" here at imminst. But if we were to get a better PR wagon here at imminst than ideas like starting a political education and advocacy page might be a great idea. What are your ideas?

#34 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

i don't know whom to contact exactly but it would be nice if toxicology tests in mice were lasting longer than 2 years (eg 3) so that effects on lifespan would be known.

My post went unnoticed... or you might have thought i posted in the wrong thread; I haven't:

http://ntp.niehs.nih...9A7F9CAA57DD7F5

Two-year studies in laboratory rodents remain the primary method by which chemicals or physical agents are identified as having the potential to be hazardous to humans.
The NTP long-term toxicology and carcinogenesis studies (bioassays) in rodents generally employ both sexes of rats (Fischer 344/N or Wistar Han) and mice (B6C3F1 hybrid) with three exposure concentrations plus untreated controls in groups of 50 animals for two years.

As a result MANY products are ALMOST but NOT tested on lifespan!!!!!
With a little lobying perhaps it would be possible to make the experiments last 3 years (wouldn't cost much as everything is already in place) so that tomorrow's society we would know what is probably good and bad for lifespan.

Here are the NTP contacts: http://ntp.niehs.nih...0032407A834B400,
Here is an example of how stupid the current situation is : methylene blue
Thank you for your attention.

Edited by AgeVivo, 14 June 2009 - 11:42 AM.

#35 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Recorders minute:
DJS is pursuing this initiative with CEL focussing on regenerative medicine.
He will publish a full proposal soon.

#36 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

Lines 33 and 34 here: http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=344835

go over this more. There are new ideas to be drawn in together, and I went over much of what we have gone over before all in one place. DJS is currently busy, but he can use some help in the mean time. If somebody wants to step up and help draw all this in together and execute tasks, we can help you. Let us know. Until then Ill help work on the outline when I can.

#37 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:03 PM

Moving to the dewar for future reinvestigation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users