Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Russian Suppliers for Phenylpiracetam

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

I'm surprised nobody's posted this yet. Knowing many of you probably would like to know about this, I'm posting this here in the nootropics section as opposed to the suppliers section.

Right now 1010pharmacy is selling Phenotropil straight from russia for a price of $80 some dollars for a batch of 30. This is a site that ships products over here to the US.

However, it probably is possibly to order from a Russian vendor and get this product alot cheaper. I'm wondering if some of you guys won't mind helping me out abit here.

I did the following to search for Russian based sites selling phenotropil:
1) I found the following wikipedia page on phenotropil listed in Russian language:
http://ru.wikipedia....

2) I used google translate to find out what I was reading.

http://translate.goo...com/translate_t#

From the wiki site (listed above), I was able to copy and paste the article onto the google translator to find out what the words meant. From this, I was able to come up with the following words, which I wanted to use as search terms under a Russian search engine (note every word including "maca" has to be copied and pasted or you may come back with English based pages).

Фенотропи́л=phenotropil

масса=bulk
порошок=powder
приобретение=purchase
покупать=buy

3) I went to www.yandex.com (the Russian equivalent to the google search engine)
I obviously have an English based keyboard so am not able to type in Russian based words using my keyboard so I needed to copy and past the desired words that I wanted to search for

4) I got back a ton of results showing vendors selling phenotropil.
I used the google translator (shown in the link above) to see what I was reading. I also found an interesting site that can convert Russian based currency to English based currency to check the prices on items. This currency converter can be found at:
http://www.seoconsul...ency-converter/

It was kind of time consuming to find out the search process that I outlined above so I won't list a whole lot of the vendors that I found in this post but will name a couple:

1) http://www.farmshop....5e974be653.html
Phenotropil package:
The price listed says that it is 330 p. Using the language converter I found out that "p" means rubles in English. Therefore, the price on this item is 330 rubles.

Using the currency converter (that I linked to above), I found out that 330 rubles roughly equates to $10.00 U.S. dollars.

2) http://www.aptekaonl...t_tn_37232.html
Manufacturer: Shchelkovo of vitamin D, Russia (or Щелковский витаминный з-д, Россия if you'd like to search for this manufacturer on yandex)

Looks like they sell tablets of 10 or 30 on this site. The price for 30 is 827 rubies or about $25.00 US dollars.

Their e-mail is at:
help@aptekaonline.ru

Unless you know Russian, you will have to type your message then translate it (along with the topic heading) into Russian using http://translate.google.com.

Then simply copy and paste the Russian message into an e-mail if any of you care to this out.

I'm going to ask them if they accept Paypal or U.S. currency. If they don't, I wonder if it would be possible to purchase Russian rubles from somewhere using U.S. dollars and then simply put them into the paypal account and pay with that...

Let me know what you guys think of this.

Edited by yowza, 24 March 2009 - 04:02 AM.

#2 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

I'd be willing to try it - that was what seemed like a lot of work for phenylpiracetam, but for 827 rubles!!! That's like 12 bottles of top shelf vodka over there! Seriously though, I'll try some. Find out more and I may throw some rubles their way.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

I'd be willing to try it - that was what seemed like a lot of work for phenylpiracetam, but for 827 rubles!!! That's like 12 bottles of top shelf vodka over there! Seriously though, I'll try some. Find out more and I may throw some rubles their way.

Ha! Russians are willing to drink cheap vodka just as we are willing to drink cheap beer (excluding many of the local breweries of course). Yet, we do don't have absinthe...

If this works out I'll be throwing around plenty of rubies kind of like tokens when you go to an amusement park. lol

I've e-mailed help@aptekaonline.ru and will see if I get a reply back. I used the google translator (linked to above) to write out my message.

One thing that I should warn people here about though is that google translator won't translate the word phenotropil to do this. Therefore, if typing an e-mail on here, manually paste in the word "Фенотропи́л" where you want it to say "phenotropil". This is kind of funny (that the translator won't translate phenotropil into russian) since the translator did translate the word "Carphedon" and Phenylpiracetam into Russian for me.

By the way, here's some more search terms that can be used with yandex.com while searching for Russian suppliers (I'd put these with the Russian word list I had in my first post above, but the forum won't let me).

carphedon=карфедон
phenylpiracetam=фенилпирацетам
stimulant=стимулятор

Hope this information is useful to someone else besides me.

Edited by yowza, 24 March 2009 - 06:48 AM.

#4 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Ha! Russians are willing to drink cheap vodka just as we are willing to drink cheap beer (excluding many of the local breweries of course). Yet, we do don't have absinthe...

If this works out I'll be throwing around plenty of rubies kind of like tokens when you go to an amusement park. lol

I've e-mailed help@aptekaonline.ru and will see if I get a reply back. I used the google translator (linked to above) to write out my message.

One thing that I should warn people here about though is that google translator won't translate the word phenotropil to do this. Therefore, if typing an e-mail on here, manually paste in the word "Фенотропи́л" where you want it to say "phenotropil". This is kind of funny (that the translator won't translate phenotropil into russian) since the translator did translate the word "Carphedon" and Phenylpiracetam into Russian for me.

By the way, here's some more search terms that can be used with yandex.com while searching for Russian suppliers (I'd put these with the Russian word list I had in my first post above, but the forum won't let me).

carphedon=карфедон
phenylpiracetam=фенилпирацетам
stimulant=стимулятор

Hope this information is useful to someone else besides me.

I can read and write in Russian. No companies sell phenylpiracetam online in Russia. However, one of my friends in Moscow bought me some Carphedon and Semax. I have arranged an international collection request by DHL. It was supposed to get delivered to my company address as "Research Sample", I was expecting this would help to avoid problems with customs.

Apparently, private individuals are not allowed to send any medicines or samples. Even if you are a registered company in Russia you will be asked for customs documents/permits. And they inspect every single parcel sent to EU or US...

#5 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

And I forgot to mention, Carphedon is a prescription drug in Russia. You need a prescription to buy it, however it is not a controlled substance there, so if you can prove the pharmacist that you really need it they will probably sell it to you.

The only possible way to send it might be regular russian mail. We will try to send it packed in a basic envelope.

Edited by anony4mous, 24 March 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#6 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

I can read and write in Russian. No companies sell phenylpiracetam online in Russia.

Wow, I didn't think I'd run into anyone on this board that knows Russian. If anyone's able to inform us on how to order from Russia, it would be you!

From what I've gathered, Carphedon, phenotropil, and phenylpiracetam are the same thing right? At least that's what all the US sites say. I've always kind of wondered about this...

I found out that Shchelkovo Vitamin Plant (the manufacturer of Phenotropil who now seem to be known as Valenta Pharmaceutica JSC otherwise known as Валента фармацевтических АО) now considered the word "carphedon" an outdated term according to some press releases in response to an Olympic athlete being disqualified for using phenotropil. Are these 2 words used interchangeably over in Russia as well?

However, one of my friends in Moscow bought me some Carphedon and Semax. I have arranged an international collection request by DHL. It was supposed to get delivered to my company address as "Research Sample", I was expecting this would help to avoid problems with customs.

In terms of payment, it appears "international factoring" is the only way that will work in terms of payment right? (for those of you that may not know about this method, see subect of "International Factoring" at http://www.fita.org/aotm/0100.html)

I've been thinking about the possibility of setting up an international account (with a business that handles international factoring) with someone here in the states to handle both the import and the export details so that I could shop online anywhere and get alot more affordable deals on the Phenotropil or anything else that seems interesting to purchase.

How much did it cost you to open up an international account with DHL? I thought these types of companies only offer accounts to big businesses?

Since DHL seems to be primarily UK based, I did manage to find a company here in the US that may offer a similar service:
http://www.citcommer...sp_imp_expPge#5

I'm going to call these people sometime this week (at 1-800-248-3240) and see if I can get a quote from them on whether they accept personal accounts (from non-business people), methods of payment they accept, and cost of getting a small package imported from Russia (shipping fees, customs fees, ect.).

Apparently, private individuals are not allowed to send any medicines or samples. Even if you are a registered company in Russia you will be asked for customs documents/permits. And they inspect every single parcel sent to EU or US...

By "private individuals", I'm assuming you mean your freind right? A registered company I'm assuming would have the appropriate sales documents in order... There is 1 Russian Pharmaceutical company that does ship products to the United States at http://www.pharmacy1010.com. They don't seem to have any problem shipping stuff out (it's unfortunate the prices are so high though). They don't seem to require a prescription either...

At least in the states, customs tends to be more lenient if a package is in small amounts. Over in Russia they're alot more strict in terms of what goes out? I didn't think it would be so hard to order products from Russia.

Did you end up getting the Carphedon and Semax that you ordered after it got stuck at customs? You mentioned looking for an alternative method around this in another thread.

Edited by yowza, 25 March 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#7 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

I can read and write in Russian. No companies sell phenylpiracetam online in Russia.

Wow, I didn't think I'd run into anyone on this board that knows Russian. If anyone's able to inform us on how to order from Russia, it would be you!

From what I've gathered, Carphedon, phenotropil, and phenylpiracetam are the same thing right? At least that's what all the US sites say. I've always kind of wondered about this...

I found out that Shchelkovo Vitamin Plant (the manufacturer of Phenotropil who now seem to be known as Valenta Pharmaceutica JSC otherwise known as Валента фармацевтических АО) now considered the word "carphedon" an outdated term according to some press releases in response to an Olympic athlete being disqualified for using phenotropil. Are these 2 words used interchangeably over in Russia as well?

However, one of my friends in Moscow bought me some Carphedon and Semax. I have arranged an international collection request by DHL. It was supposed to get delivered to my company address as "Research Sample", I was expecting this would help to avoid problems with customs.

In terms of payment, it appears "international factoring" is the only way that will work in terms of payment right? (for those of you that may not know about this method, see subect of "International Factoring" at http://www.fita.org/aotm/0100.html)

I've been thinking about the possibility of setting up an international account (with a business that handles international factoring) with someone here in the states to handle both the import and the export details so that I could shop online anywhere and get alot more affordable deals on the Phenotropil or anything else that seems interesting to purchase.

How much did it cost you to open up an international account with DHL? I thought these types of companies only offer accounts to big businesses?

Since DHL seems to be primarily UK based, I did manage to find a company here in the US that may offer a similar service:
http://www.citcommer...sp_imp_expPge#5

I'm going to call these people sometime this week (at 1-800-248-3240) and see if I can get a quote from them on whether they accept personal accounts (from non-business people), methods of payment they accept, and cost of getting a small package imported from Russia (shipping fees, customs fees, ect.).

By "private individuals", I'm assuming you mean your freind right? A registered company I'm assuming would have the appropriate sales documents in order... There is 1 Russian Pharmaceutical company that does ship products to the United States at http://www.pharmacy1010.com. They don't seem to have any problem shipping stuff out (it's unfortunate the prices are so high though). They don't seem to require a prescription either...

At least in the states, customs tends to be more lenient if a package is in small amounts. Over in Russia they're alot more strict in terms of what goes out? I didn't think it would be so hard to order products from Russia.

Did you end up getting the Carphedon and Semax that you ordered after it got stuck at customs? You mentioned looking for an alternative method around this in another thread.

Carphedon, Phenotropyl, Phenylpiracetam are all the same. DHL is based worldwide and it does not cost anything to open an account with them, however you have to meet their requirements. A registered company in Russia would not have appropriate documents for medicine export, unless they are a pharmaceutical company. If it is just a regular Russian company they would have to go trough the process of getting a permit to export pharmaceuticals. Considering that Russians have a lot of silly bureaucracy in their institutions, it's likely to be complicated.
The parcel which got stuck at Russian customs was returned to the sender. We will post it using regular Russian mail service. There is a chance that it might get lost, but at least they don't check every single letter if you use that service. Feel free to ask if you have any questions :|?

#8 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Here's an update for anyone interested:

Route 1: Ordering Directly from a foreign company (not much luck when the company isn't willing to do foreign business):

I've been having trouble getting e-mail replies back from any of the online Russian based Pharmaceutical companies. For some reason everything else on the webpage appears in Russian except for their e-mail. I've wondered if this has scrambled things up somehow (it would make sense for their e-mail address to be in Russian but is automatically being translated on every page to English for some inexplicable reason even when on when I don't tell the webpage to translate; the e-mails may not be sending out to the right source although they haven't bounced back on me). Also, I'm wondering if basic e-mail service (such as google), may also scramble up messages that are written in a foreign language rendering 'em unreadable once they arrive to the person whose receiving it. No idea why I haven't gotten any e-mail replies back (I sent some out to about 4 different companies).

This possible e-mail issue shouldn't matter though. I was able to determine (by clicking on cart "checkout") that alot of these places only ship within Russia and are not equipped to deal with foreign exchanges. I was also able to confirm as much by talking directly with someone via the Russian based messageboard at http://www.aptekaonl...t_tn_37232.html (one of the suppliers I listed above). They told me that they don't ship out of country and kind of left it at that.

Bottem line is even if I were able to figure out a way for them to send something to the US (setting up an account with an international factoring company like DHL or citcommercialfinance; who I couldn't get a hold of today unfortunately), you still wouldn't have any luck since the company's are simply unwilling. The only way to purchase from these company's would be to have a 3rd party do the purchasing for you (wonder how cheap the deals would be then!).

If I was Russian (or in any country besides America who already have most places shipping internationally anyway) maybe I'd start up my online business offering this service since it may be an easy way to get paid...

Route 2: Find a 3rd party to purchase directly
Just by blind luck I ran across a US based affiliate of aptekaonline.com. I found this at http://www.homeapteka.com/aboutus.asp (it appears the company is catered towards Russians, is based in New York City, yet doesn't sell Phenotropil). I e-mailed http://www.homeapteka.com/aboutus.asp yesterday to see if they would be able to order phenotropil through their Russian based company and got a prompt reply back that they were not. However, I'm thinking they may if someone was able to get a prescription for it. Their phone number is (800) 248-3240 and e-mail is listed on their webpage. However, instinct tells me this won't work out.

If anyone has any ideas for having a 3rd party to do foreign purchases for you, feel free to share.

Route 3: The most obvious solution would be finding a business that handles everything for you where all you need to do is order online. The only place that seems to do this is www.1010pharmacy.com. I can't find a cheaper place available, however, most of their prices are pretty reasonable.

Sorry for the long winded post. I just got typing and don't know what happened... :|?

Edited by yowza, 25 March 2009 - 11:39 PM.

#9 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Carphedon, Phenotropyl, Phenylpiracetam are all the same. DHL is based worldwide and it does not cost anything to open an account with them, however you have to meet their requirements.

I'm wondering if someone could just bypass the whole professional based import/export accounts (like that offered through DHL). Since your freind is willing to ship something over to you, couldn't you just use Western Union to send him British currency? This may be less complicated since you have the benefit of dealing with a freind (not a business). If this is all that's needed, he could just exchange the money on the spot into Russian currency (since most Western Union locations are located in banks). This may avoid the hassle of having to set up a company based DHL account?

A registered company in Russia would not have appropriate documents for medicine export, unless they are a pharmaceutical company. If it is just a regular Russian company they would have to go trough the process of getting a permit to export pharmaceuticals. Considering that Russians have a lot of silly bureaucracy in their institutions, it's likely to be complicated.

Posting using regular Russian air service sounds like a good idea. If I were you, I'd maybe also ask your freind to label it as a gift instead of a "research sample"?

I know less about ordering from Russia than you but I'm thinking the same method 1010pharmacy.com uses, your freind could maybe use as well?

I just ordered Phenotropil and Semax from www.1010pharmacy.com (yes I gave into their $80 price they were asking for phenotropil). This seems to be the only pharmacy in Russia that caters towards international sales with no hassle involved. All you have to do is order it online and they ship it as a special parcel labelled "Gift" (this bypasses customs according to a representative I talked to) using "Economy Air Post" (this seems to bypass the beurocracy) straight to your door for a shipping fee of $7.00.

#10 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Carphedon, Phenotropyl, Phenylpiracetam are all the same. DHL is based worldwide and it does not cost anything to open an account with them, however you have to meet their requirements.

I'm wondering if someone could just bypass the whole professional based import/export accounts (like that offered through DHL). Since your freind is willing to ship something over to you, couldn't you just use Western Union to send him British currency? This may be less complicated since you have the benefit of dealing with a freind (not a business). If this is all that's needed, he could just exchange the money on the spot into Russian currency (since most Western Union locations are located in banks). This may avoid the hassle of having to set up a company based DHL account?

A registered company in Russia would not have appropriate documents for medicine export, unless they are a pharmaceutical company. If it is just a regular Russian company they would have to go trough the process of getting a permit to export pharmaceuticals. Considering that Russians have a lot of silly bureaucracy in their institutions, it's likely to be complicated.

Posting using regular Russian air service sounds like a good idea. If I were you, I'd maybe also ask your freind to label it as a gift instead of a "research sample"?

I know less about ordering from Russia than you but I'm thinking the same method 1010pharmacy.com uses, your freind could maybe use as well?

I just ordered Phenotropil and Semax from www.1010pharmacy.com (yes I gave into their $80 price they were asking for phenotropil). This seems to be the only pharmacy in Russia that caters towards international sales with no hassle involved. All you have to do is order it online and they ship it as a special parcel labelled "Gift" (this bypasses customs according to a representative I talked to) using "Economy Air Post" (this seems to bypass the beurocracy) straight to your door for a shipping fee of $7.00.

My packaged was successfully posted. It will definitely reach the destination as it was sent as a gift, we used basic Russian Air Mail. However is a small chance that it might get lost...

Western Union is too expensive. I have used Russian money transfer company called "Opal transfer limited". They have several branches in London. It only costs 1% of the money transfered and it takes 1 working day to reach the recipient.
From now on I will use regular Russian air mail service. It's good enough considering that I only order small quantities for my personal use.

I wouldn't mind helping members of this forum to order russian phenotropyl, however it is not as easy as it looks like. My "friend" from Russia has to be reimbursed for his time and efforts. Russian air mail service is not Royal Mail or DHL, there is a chance that the package may not arrive. I don't want to take responsibility for this.

For the time being I can only advise you to find someone in Russia who could do the same as my friend does. There is a growing demand for phenylpiracetam, so I guess we will not have to wait long until some companies will start selling it for a reasonable price.

#11 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:53 AM

My packaged was successfully posted. It will definitely reach the destination as it was sent as a gift, we used basic Russian Air Mail. However is a small chance that it might get lost...

Great! Hopefully this works out. If there's a online website that's able to do this (pharmacy1010), this should work out.

By the way, the link I posted above is www.pharmacy1010.com (I typed it wrong; unfortunately the forums won't let me edit and change it).

Western Union is too expensive. I have used Russian money transfer company called "Opal transfer limited". They have several branches in London. It only costs 1% of the money transfered and it takes 1 working day to reach the recipient.

Thanks! As long as there's someone willing to buy an item for someone over in Russia (to buy from a store that's unfortunately unwilling to ship or accept business internationally), this sounds like a pretty simple payment system.

I wouldn't mind helping members of this forum to order russian phenotropyl, however it is not as easy as it looks like. My "friend" from Russia has to be reimbursed for his time and efforts. Russian air mail service is not Royal Mail or DHL, there is a chance that the package may not arrive. I don't want to take responsibility for this.

That's understandable but seems to be an acceptable risk considering that pharmacy1010 seems to successfully use Economy Basic Air Mail (which I assume is regular Russian air mail service). Hopefully, your shipment (and the one I ordered) arrive without any hassle. I think this is an understandable risk that I'm at least willing to take.

If your freind could do this for any of us that would be cool. The exchange rate from the US to Russia is I believe $1 for every 33 roubles. I'm not sure how much 33 roubles is worth in Russia so this could mean the US dollar is worth more or may not though. Hopefully, this means cheaper prices with enough left over to pay your freind (who could end up making quite abit possibly if he could get enough people to buy from him). In order for this to be possible though, the rates need to be good.

What's the cheapest price your freind would be able to find for phenotropil over in Russia?

#12 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

Great! Hopefully this works out. If there's a online website that's able to do this (pharmacy1010), this should work out.

By the way, the link I posted above is www.pharmacy1010.com (I typed it wrong; unfortunately the forums won't let me edit and change it).

Thanks! As long as there's someone willing to buy an item for someone over in Russia (to buy from a store that's unfortunately unwilling to ship or accept business internationally), this sounds like a pretty simple payment system.

That's understandable but seems to be an acceptable risk considering that pharmacy1010 seems to successfully use Economy Basic Air Mail (which I assume is regular Russian air mail service). Hopefully, your shipment (and the one I ordered) arrive without any hassle. I think this is an understandable risk that I'm at least willing to take.

If your freind could do this for any of us that would be cool. The exchange rate from the US to Russia is I believe $1 for every 33 roubles. I'm not sure how much 33 roubles is worth in Russia so this could mean the US dollar is worth more or may not though. Hopefully, this means cheaper prices with enough left over to pay your freind (who could end up making quite abit possibly if he could get enough people to buy from him). In order for this to be possible though, the rates need to be good.

What's the cheapest price your freind would be able to find for phenotropil over in Russia?

The average price for 30 tabs in Moscow is 860 RUB = £17.40 = 26 USD

#13 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:08 AM

For those of you that have read thru some of my long ass posts above looking for a conclusive answer in terms of how to order from a former supplier, I'm sorry. Hopefully, this thread will at least give people insight into some methods that can be possibly used to arrange something for themselves. The best/simplest explanation at the moment is to just look thru the list of suppliers (located here on IMMINST) and try and find someone who has Eastern European contacts. Otherwise, there'd have to be someone you know whose in Russia or knows someone else that's in Russia.

Otherwise the other way to possibly order Phenotropil for cheap would be to bulkorder thru a place such as ECplaza (you'll have to set up an account first). You'll have to pay a higher price (and will need a .01g or .001g pocketscale) to measure out the powdered amounts once you get the bulk shipment thru the mail.

The average price for 30 tabs in Moscow is 860 RUB = £17.40 = 26 USD

This isn't bad at all.

After ordering from pharmacy1010 a couple of weeks back, I'm just waiting to try it out.

If it would be possible to contact your freind and see if he'd be willing to send an additional amount of packages to you. I'd be willing to use paypal to forward you an amount to send (possibly 2-4 packages) stateside?

At the moment, since I have 1 package of phenotropil coming in thru the mail, I'm kind of interested in comparing this to Noopept (another potent racetam developed over in Russia). I've seen your other thread on this and it's quite interesting.

Edited by yowza, 08 April 2009 - 02:21 AM.

#14 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

What's wrong with getting phenyl-piracetam from China?

#15 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

If it would be possible to contact your freind and see if he'd be willing to send an additional amount of packages to you. I'd be willing to use paypal to forward you an amount to send (possibly 2-4 packages) stateside?

I don't mind helping you to obtain phenylpiracetam, but as I mentioned earlier I do not want to take a risk if it gets lost on it's way from Russia. I will be expecting a larger parcel of Phenylpiracetam and hopefully some Noopept next month. I will be happy to post it from the UK as soon as my parcel arrives.

I am not aware of any reputable sources for phenylpiracetam there. However I would be glad if you could share the info. The main obstacle of getting phenylpiracetam from China is that you have to order bulk quantities. It's not what most of the people want to do ;)

#16 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

I don't mind helping you to obtain phenylpiracetam, but as I mentioned earlier I do not want to take a risk if it gets lost on it's way from Russia. I will be expecting a larger parcel of Phenylpiracetam and hopefully some Noopept next month. I will be happy to post it from the UK as soon as my parcel arrives.

Thanks!
I'm going to see what the phenylpiracetam is like once I receive it in the mail (from pharmacy1010). The Noopept is especially interesting and I hope to compare the two. Please let me know when the shipments arrive. :)

I am not aware of any reputable sources for phenylpiracetam there. However I would be glad if you could share the info. The main obstacle of getting phenylpiracetam from China is that you have to order bulk quantities. It's not what most of the people want to do ;)

Another reason for why I was looking in Russia was to figure out ways to purchase stuff from another country. This is kind of tough to do but if there's a way, it could be well worth it. Not only could phenylpiracetam be bought for cheap from Russia but also a number of other nootropics such as semax, noopept, and other novel nootropics that are sold widely but for some reason can't be accessed very easily for a cheap price here in the states.

Edited by yowza, 08 April 2009 - 09:38 PM.

#17 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

I'd just like to tell everyone that my phenotropil came in and I was more impressed with the effects than I thought I would be. I'm wondering if the stuff from Relentless Improvement (small US based operatioin that probably ordered it in bulk amounts from china) had a lot of filler in it or phenylpiracetam is just THAT much more potent than pramiracetam (the only one I tried from Relentless). One thing I can say is that the OFFICIAL brand "Phenotropil" CAN have a strong psychoactive effect.

I'm quite impressed with it (just 2 tablets felt overstimulating). This makes me wonder how noopept would compare?

#18 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:08 AM

I'd just like to tell everyone that my phenotropil came in and I was more impressed with the effects than I thought I would be. I'm wondering if the stuff from Relentless Improvement (small US based operatioin that probably ordered it in bulk amounts from china) had a lot of filler in it or phenylpiracetam is just THAT much more potent than pramiracetam (the only one I tried from Relentless). One thing I can say is that the OFFICIAL brand "Phenotropil" CAN have a strong psychoactive effect.

I'm quite impressed with it (just 2 tablets felt overstimulating). This makes me wonder how noopept would compare?

I experienced the same. Original Phenotropyl appears to be much stronger. It may be because I have taken them under different circumstances...

RI phenylpiracetam did work but it was not something impressive. It was like caffeine/sugar rush. I took Russian Phenotropyl after very exhausting 8 hour flight and it helped me a lot. The effect was totally different from all the stimulants I know (modafinil, ritalin, caffeine). Anyway I think that it should only be used "when needed" :)

RI is a reputable company and I believe that Pete gets everything tested before he sells it, so I don't think his phenylpiracetam had any fillers...

#19 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:23 AM

I experienced the same. Original Phenotropyl appears to be much stronger. It may be because I have taken them under different circumstances...

RI phenylpiracetam did work but it was not something impressive. It was like caffeine/sugar rush. I took Russian Phenotropyl after very exhausting 8 hour flight and it helped me a lot. The effect was totally different from all the stimulants I know (modafinil, ritalin, caffeine). Anyway I think that it should only be used "when needed" :)

RI is a reputable company and I believe that Pete gets everything tested before he sells it, so I don't think his phenylpiracetam had any fillers...

That may be. However, if the RI brand has a much lesser effect, all it's done is contribute to confused reviews of the product on various messageboards. The RI site doesn't sell it anymore so it's a moot issue to really talk about, however, I do remember reading somewhere on the RI site about how the product was certified high quality (or whatever it said). That's why I brought up the possibility of fillers (to see what you guys'd have to say).

Edited by yowza, 12 April 2009 - 03:25 AM.

#20 Saha

• 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Hi guys!

I am from Russia, so I can help you with getting phenotropyl. The scheme is simple: you transfer me money(with Western Union, for example) and I send you an envelope with desired amount of this drug in original packing(But I think that sending more than 50 pills is not safe; thanks to russian post and custom). If you are  interested with this, then just email me and we will discuss details)

Also, I have a similiar problem. Only two racetams is availible for russians. They are piracetam(Nootropil and its generics) and phenylpiracetam. But I'd like to get pramiracetam or at least aniracetam. Could anybody give me links for buying this drugs in bulk? I searched but found nothing.

PS: sorry for my poor english. 

#21 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Your English seems pretty good. :-D

Since I've started this topic, there are a number of other nootropics that have been discussed in a few other threads that are only available from Russia as well (including Semax and noopept). They are extraordinarily hard to find since all online pharmacies in Russia only ship nationally. There is one out of the Ukraine whose able to ship internationally (pharmacy1010) but they sell for very high prices (especially on the Semax making it unaffordable since it's only a very small amount).

There's an online system similar to paypal (not the same thing exactly) that can be used to send payment over to Russia as another possible payment option (I'd list it but the name escapes me at least for the moment). I don't have the link offhand right at the moment but can let you know.

Unfortunately, however, personal messages are temporarily unavailable at the moment until a spam problem gets fixed. Hopefully, they'll open up again on Monday. There's no real way to contact you until then.

Until then, maybe you could answer a few questions?:
1) Are there any other big nootropics (besides Pram. and aniracetam) that are available in the states but not in Russia?

2) Have you heard anything about R-fenotropil?
Structually, regular phenotropil is a racemic mixture. However, Olainfarm (a Latvian based company), has been developing a "rectus" (single enantiomer form) that is supposedly twice as potent as phenotropil.

I searched and this is all I could come up with (being in Russia maybe there's more posted about this over where you are?):
Here's the worldwide patent application that Olainfarm has applied for (in regards to R-fenotropil):
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=EP2...;DISPLAY=STATUS (when clicking on this link you'll need to type in Olainfarm in the search feature then click on the first link that comes up)

The other piece of info. I came up with is that R-fenotropil was (according to a slideshow done a year ago) maybe going to be released sometime in 2009. However, this is now nowhere to be found on Olainfarms site.

Edited by yowza, 02 May 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#22 Saha

• 31 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

First of all, I found out that sending of drugs is limited but not prohibited. Limit is ten packs of different name per one parcel. All out-of-limit mail must be taxed.

The main drawback of semax is its storage conditions. Permissible temperature range(+8+10 °C) makes impossible to send this drug through regular mail.

1) Are there any other big nootropics (besides Pram. and aniracetam) that are available in the states but not in Russia?

All I can say now that stimulants isn't availible(with excepting of phenotropyl). No modafinil; ritalin is prohibited.

No, I don't. Searching of something like (in russian) "r-phenotropyl", "phenotropyl isomer", "phenotropyl olainfarm" have no result.

But what is the difference in taking two pills of racemic phenotropyl and one of r-phenotropyl? 

#23 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

All I can say now that stimulants isn't availible(with excepting of phenotropyl). No modafinil; ritalin is prohibited.

Right now the Stimulants are far from limited here. Unfortunately, this is also what's probably keeping the drug companies in business so releasing anything else like ampakines or BAPA for life extension, cognition enhancement, would only interupt drug company business. Drug companies won't have to worry though, as long as the FDA keeps things as tight as they are.

The amphetamines and methylphenidate derivatives currently sold in pharmacies are Schedule 2 in the U.S. Modafinil is considered schedule 4 (not sure about adrafinil though).

No, I don't. Searching of something like (in russian) "r-phenotropyl", "phenotropyl isomer", "phenotropyl olainfarm" have no result.

But what is the difference in taking two pills of racemic phenotropyl and one of r-phenotropyl?

Maybe that's what the drug company (olainfarm) asked themselves and is the reason there's not much to be found at the moment.

R-fenotroil (in English this isn't spelled R-phenotropil for some reason) is, afterall, only described as twice as potent...

However, maybe it's also twice as likely to cross the blood brain barrier (and not get dispered in the body?) or twice as likely to bind to receptors? This is just wild speculation on my part.

Edited by yowza, 03 May 2009 - 02:52 AM.

#24 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

First of all, I found out that sending of drugs is limited but not prohibited. Limit is ten packs of different name per one parcel. All out-of-limit mail must be taxed.

The main drawback of semax is its storage conditions. Permissible temperature range(+8+10 °C) makes impossible to send this drug through regular mail.

hi saha can i get your email adress ? i cant even pm you!

#25 Saha

• 31 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

According to wikipedia most ampakines are very new drugs(90's-00's. In comparison, phenylpiracetam was created in 1978). Some of them(like CX-516) are useless for human due to low potency and short half-life. CX-717 seems to be good and it is now in phase II of clinical trials, but there are some problems with FDA because of report of toxicity. There is a lot of work for studying of drugs; usually it takes 15-20 years to study and test a new drug. 

Also, if you want ampakine, why don't you use aniracetam?

And can you give me some links to information about BAPA? Unfortunately, results of searching in google are unrelevant

Maybe that's what the drug company (olainfarm) asked themselves and is the reason there's not much to be found at the moment.

Or maybe r-fenotropil just costs not less than phenotropil? If my supposition is right then it's better to wait for expiration of patent and then sell generic.

hi saha can i get your email adress ? i cant even pm you!

OK. avp-13@yandex.ru

#26 yowza

• Topic Starter
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for the E-mail. I'm mainly interested in Semax at the moment. I'll have to ask the guy from pharmacy1010 how they get around the temperature issue (they ship by economy air). I'd order from them but their prices are extraordinarily high for very small amounts of Semax. The Noopept they sell however, is a good deal so I've ordered some boxes of this and will see how it compares to phenotropil at least for now. Have you ever had a chance to try both and compare the effects?

According to wikipedia most ampakines are very new drugs(90's-00's. In comparison, phenylpiracetam was created in 1978). Some of them(like CX-516) are useless for human due to low potency and short half-life. CX-717 seems to be good and it is now in phase II of clinical trials, but there are some problems with FDA because of report of toxicity. There is a lot of work for studying of drugs; usually it takes 15-20 years to study and test a new drug.

Also, if you want ampakine, why don't you use aniracetam?

And can you give me some links to information about BAPA? Unfortunately, results of searching in google are unrelevant

For the BAPA, you'll find some more thru the search feature on these boards or simply check out the last few pages of this thread:
http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=19424

Aniracetam I'm aware of but have never tried it. However, I have tried 1 ampakine already.

Or maybe r-fenotropil just costs not less than phenotropil? If my supposition is right then it's better to wait for expiration of patent and then sell generic.

Could be a number of different things. The most recent thing that came up was a slideshow done by Olainfarm a year ago saying that it could be out on the market somewhere in 2009. That's why I wondered if you have heard anything.

#27 Saha

• 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm mainly interested in Semax at the moment

The way to avoid the issue is sending through EMS. However, their prices are high(~50$), but you will get parcel within one week and it will be even cheaper than ordering from pharmacy1010.

For the BAPA, you'll find some more thru the search feature on these boards or simply check out the last few pages of this thread:
http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=19424

Thank you, I will read it.

Have you ever had a chance to try both and compare the effects?

Unfortunately, no. I take Piracetam+Phenotropil at this moment but I am thinking about adding Noopept or changing Phenotropil to Noopept.

#28 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

The 10 degrees is actually precautionary. Semax will stand temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius.

#29 power.bulls.x

• 115 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

The 10 degrees is actually precautionary. Semax will stand temperatures up to 25 degrees Celsius.

i think at worst it loose a bite of pentency.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 IronFanatic

• 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hi Saha,

I would like to know if you could get [BROMANTAN] Ladasten 50-100mg tabs? As it's widely available in Russia, but unfortunately pharmacy1010 does not carry it

Edited by IronFanatic, 06 May 2009 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users