#1 GoodFellas

• 721 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

Supps that makes scars grow faster?

Thanks.

#2 gattaca

• 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

I tried doing it the natural way, but it was too much hassle. I grow my scars in a big tank now, and just let them attach to my skin when they're mature, after two or three molts.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jochenp

• 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

WTF is this about :D Growing scars???? What am I missing???

#4 GoodFellas

• Topic Starter
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

I wrote wrong lol. What I meant was that I'm looking for a supplement that can make my pretty new scars fade quicker..

Understood?

#5 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

I wrote wrong lol. What I meant was that I'm looking for a supplement that can make my pretty new scars fade quicker..

Understood?

Maybe some topical vitamin E or something like Merderma? If bad scars, you probably should see a dermatologist.

If healed, maybe retin-A could help too. But I don't know what type of scars they are, or if retin-A works for all scarring. If a recent scar and not fully healed, I don't think retin-A would do much... besides possibly burn holes in your skin.

And I was going to be a wiseguy and suggest rubbing dirt in the scars, or picking at them a lot, but figured you didn't really want to grow scars. :|?

#6 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Supplements that help with collagen production like zinc, vitamin C, copper and properly some others (maybe sulfur and silica) would help.

I think papaya or maybe some other enzymes might help (taken internally). Fresh pineapple (applied to the skin) is supposed to help old scars I think. I assume the fresh pineapple is about bromelain, but I'm not sure.

Lavender essential oil is excellent for helping burns heal faster. There is something about lavender oil and helping the skin heal better or knit together better. Lavender oil is one essential oil that you can use neat (without a carrier oil). You only need one or two drops for each application. You should not use lavender in open wounds.

#7 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

To prevent scars, you actually want slower healing, not faster. To make them fade, I'd try for salicilic acid or other things that burn them out. You have to basically wear them away.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 gattaca

• 59 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

I remember reading research stating that silicon pads when placed on the skin for long periods of time would cause already-established scars to recede, but I can't remember if it was substantiated or some kind of infomercial.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users